A few early Roster tidbits I have come across via Bandai-Namco Employees.

#401Scorpion122178Posted 12/22/2012 9:00:56 AM
to 500!

I know its probably not true, but still a man can dream.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, TESV Skyrim
#402BurnumMasterPosted 12/22/2012 9:26:14 AM
I know how to select ZSS. I just never want to play as it. I want to play as Samus and fire a huge beam, without playing as ZS.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#403JC152Posted 12/22/2012 9:38:41 AM
I've come mostly to a conclusion now that this is fake. The TC gave him/herself away with those long posts on the selection process for some characters. Everything seemed real at first, as he/she mentions before some of his/her long winded posts that they were mostly conjecture. (See the post about Lip as an example) but then the TC goes off the deep end as if he/she stopped caring about realism.

We end up getting bizarre posts like Starfy not getting in because there's too many characters from platformers already, (Tell that to everyone from an RPG) to Dillon and his "growth potential". While I could see that these posts could also be conjecture and not actually what is happening, the whole "East vs. West" thing comes off too much as a fact for someone in his/her position to know.

(Personally, I don't think Little Mac is a good choice for the "West" character, since we all know who's the true one: Mike Jones, whose games were never released in Japan in the first place.)
#404pokemonynstynPosted 12/22/2012 10:33:03 AM
I don't disagree with your conclusion, but I think your process arriving there is a tad flawed. That was speculation on his part, he didn't claim to have any say or any idea why they did what they did. His posts are littered with "I think" and "probably" statements.

I'm pretty sure it's fake as well, but I think the reason to remain skeptical is simply because it's so early and the internet can be so anonymous.
---
Replace
#405Owlbear_34Posted 12/22/2012 12:32:41 PM
JC152 posted...
I've come mostly to a conclusion now that this is fake. The TC gave him/herself away with those long posts on the selection process for some characters. Everything seemed real at first, as he/she mentions before some of his/her long winded posts that they were mostly conjecture. (See the post about Lip as an example) but then the TC goes off the deep end as if he/she stopped caring about realism.

We end up getting bizarre posts like Starfy not getting in because there's too many characters from platformers already, (Tell that to everyone from an RPG) to Dillon and his "growth potential". While I could see that these posts could also be conjecture and not actually what is happening, the whole "East vs. West" thing comes off too much as a fact for someone in his/her position to know.

(Personally, I don't think Little Mac is a good choice for the "West" character, since we all know who's the true one: Mike Jones, whose games were never released in Japan in the first place.)

Dude. He was clear that most of the information atter the initial post was his own speculation, possibly fueled by things he had heard. He never claimed that what he was saying about Dillon/Starfy was an officially sanctioned stance. I think it was in response to all of the nitpickers saying "LOL DILLON?! GAY!" He was just trying to impart his logic.

As for Little Mac, he IS a heavily Western character. Punch-Out! is a legendary classic among Americans, but it isn't nearly as popular among Japanese gamers. And of course, no one knows who Mile Jones is, so he would never be remotely considered.
#406harvestmoonmikePosted 12/22/2012 2:53:35 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
IngSlayer posted...
Well, I guess I'll go make a topic lying about roster tidbits and get up to 500 posts too.

The reason this is still up is because Harvest is being a dumb a** straw puller (Or he's just trolling) and using arguments so stupid that it's rediculous.

Still, the topic at hand is far beyond that. It's merged into a general discusion about the game as a whole.

Not trolling, and not dumb, I just find it outrageous how sheepish and hiveminded the Smash community is in terms of "popularity>importance". Not that important characters can't also be popular (many are), but them having a "support" system on fan forums is outright BS.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#407jneal57Posted 12/22/2012 10:08:21 PM
shameless bump
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=955240
#408game2002Posted 12/23/2012 12:45:01 AM
Halibuton posted...
Well, here's the other roster for the JoJo game. If you're unfamiliar with the series, it won't make sense.

Jonathan Joestar
Dio Brando
Speedwagon
Joseph Joestar
Caesar Zeppeli
Lisa Lisa
Wham
Cars
Jotaro Kujo (Star Platinum)
Joseph and Iggy (Purple Hermit/The Fool)
Mohammed Abdul (Magician's Red)
Noriaki Kakyoin (Hierophant Green)
Jean Pierre Polnareff (Silver Chariot)
Hol Horse (The Emperor)
Dio Brando (The World)
Josuke Higashikata (Crazy Diamond)
Okuyasu Nijimura (The Hand)
Rohan Kishibe (Heaven's Door)
Akira Otoishi (Red Hot Chilli Pepper)
Yuuya Fungami (Highway Star)
Yoshikage Kira (Killer Queen)
Giorno Giovanna (Gold Experience)
Bruno Buccellati (Sticky Fingers)
Guido Mista (Sex Pistols)
Pannacotta Fugo (Purple Haze)
Trish Una (Spice Girl)
Risotto Nero (Metallica)
Diavolo (King Crimson)
Jolyne Kujo (Stone Free)
Hermes Costello (Kiss)
F.F. (Foo Fighters)
Weather Report (Weather Report)
Narciso Anasui (Diver Down)
Enrico Pucci (Whitesnake)
Johnny Joestar (Tusk)
Gyro Zeppeli
Hot Pants (Cream Starter)
Wekapipo
Diego Brando (Scary Monster)
Funny Valentine (D4C)
Josuke (Soft and Wet)

It's a manga filled with tons of possible characters, and Famitsu releases new characters every couple of weeks now. The Jump Festa next week will also have a trailer for it. So, it should be easy to disprove this if one character is shown not seen here, which disproves the Smash stuff as well.

Okay, so Eventhubs updated with a new trailer for this game, and some of the characters in the list above are in...

So...
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!
#409harvestmoonmikePosted 12/23/2012 12:46:46 AM
But were they common sense additions, or are there some that really stand out on that list?
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#410game2002Posted 12/23/2012 1:16:09 AM
I'm unfamiliar with that series, so I can't comment on anything.
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!