A few early Roster tidbits I have come across via Bandai-Namco Employees.

#71SnakeyPosted 12/12/2012 9:50:27 PM
Halibuton posted...

They aren't. The coworkers I'm referring to are the oversea members who are actually working on the game's development, I'm the one whose simply in PR here in America.

So you know Japanese then? Because I doubt most of the development team in Japan knows english, and I can very easily test whether you know Japanese or not.

Still, I doubt Japanese development team members would communicate with an employee of a foreign PR office.

All throw in that the development team members have strong NDAs and a culture in Japan with much stronger loyalty to the company (all the leaks have happened when Westerners got their hands on the game).
---
Play It Loud
#72DrunkenWhalePosted 12/12/2012 10:03:49 PM
DarkAres_02 posted...
xApollo_Justice posted...
DarkAres_02 posted...
Who's "Dillon"? I'm not trying to be mean and point out a spelling error; I literally don't know this character.

I don't know who TC is referencing but this is my best guess.

http://dillonsrollingwestern.nintendo.com/

OH, holy crap I forgot about that. You know, it is a new IP. Did it do particularly well? It seemed kind of interesting when I first heard about it.

From what I heard, it didn't do as well as Pushmo (and now Crashmo) or Sakura Samurai.

But among the 3DS's original content, it's not completely forgotten.

I think TC mentioned Dillon after Rolling Western's E3 trailer premiered and everyone was going "Dillon for Smash" or something like that.

Because Rolling Western had a lukewarm reception, especially compared to Pushmo and it's sequel, even Sakura Samurai, I really doubt this topic due to the mentioning of Dillon as a possible character.
#73EarthLord_CJPosted 12/12/2012 10:06:06 PM
DrunkenWhale posted...
I think TC mentioned Dillon after Rolling Western's E3 trailer premiered and everyone was going "Dillon for Smash" or something like that.

Because Rolling Western had a lukewarm reception, especially compared to Pushmo and it's sequel, even Sakura Samurai, I really doubt this topic due to the mentioning of Dillon as a possible character.

An AT or something similar for Dillon isn't out of the question, but yeah, making him into a playable character doesn't seem all too likely.
Heck, we don't even see many requests for him even on this board.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#74Genius_SagePosted 12/12/2012 10:21:49 PM
Snakey posted...
Halibuton posted...

They aren't. The coworkers I'm referring to are the oversea members who are actually working on the game's development, I'm the one whose simply in PR here in America.

So you know Japanese then? Because I doubt most of the development team in Japan knows english, and I can very easily test whether you know Japanese or not.

Still, I doubt Japanese development team members would communicate with an employee of a foreign PR office.

All throw in that the development team members have strong NDAs and a culture in Japan with much stronger loyalty to the company (all the leaks have happened when Westerners got their hands on the game).

Didn't some westerners work on the brawl game? Unless japanese people worked on tmnt smash up which apparently had smash bros developers (that I'M assuming were western devs). Probably not very good ones but still.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#75Genius_SagePosted 12/12/2012 10:28:46 PM(edited)
DrunkenWhale posted...

From what I heard, it didn't do as well as Pushmo (and now Crashmo) or Sakura Samurai.

But among the 3DS's original content, it's not completely forgotten.

Eh don't think that would matter, I didn't know who it was but he has moveset potential and Sakurai did mention that they were close to desperate for new IP characters. Plus I think the western genre is idolized in Japan.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#76SnakeyPosted 12/12/2012 10:26:13 PM
Genius_Sage posted...

Didn't some westerners work on the brawl game? Unless japanese people worked on tmnt smash up which apparently had smash bros developers (that I'M assuming were western devs). Probably not very good ones but still.

The only Western input for Brawl's actual game content, was beta-testing and balancing, and the inclusion of Masterpieces (the demos were put together by Nintendo Software Technology a Western first-party Nintendo development team).
---
Play It Loud
#77Genius_SagePosted 12/12/2012 10:30:37 PM
Snakey posted...
Genius_Sage posted...

The only Western input for Brawl's actual game content, was beta-testing and balancing, and the inclusion of Masterpieces (the demos were put together by Nintendo Software Technology a Western first-party Nintendo development team).

So the tmnt smash up devs were japanese? Because Ssmash devs DID work on that game. I'm 100% sure on that one.
---
#78mynames_JagiPosted 12/12/2012 10:32:41 PM
I'm calling this fake because I highly doubt scamco would even consider localizing anything connected to One Piece.
---
http://i43.tinypic.com/aexjcy.jpg
#79SnakeyPosted 12/12/2012 10:32:43 PM
Genius_Sage posted...

So the tmnt smash up devs were japanese? Because Ssmash devs DID work on that game. I'm 100% sure on that one.

Yes, GameArts did the programming and engine making for Brawl and that TMNT game. The reason that Brawl turned out good was that Sakurai and HAL had a very heavy hand in actually designing the game, whereas TMNT was pretty much a result of Game Arts being left to their own devices and more severe time constraints.
---
Play It Loud
#80ThatPersonGuyPosted 12/13/2012 5:26:45 AM
Doug314 posted...
Likelihood of this being true are near 0. This is too US-centric of a point of view, whereas the Japanese don't really see that much in Little Mac and it wouldn't seem like he'd be the first character known about. Also it's far too early for this kind of information to get leaked without a more reliable source. People made up hundreds (if not more) things like this about brawl.

True, but remember, many Japaneese fans recognize LM's popularity in the west, and give him better chances because of that.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.