This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Canonically, who would be the most powerful Nintendo character in Smash Bros.?

#101chiycheesewolfPosted 1/6/2013 4:50:44 PM
Scorpion122178 posted...
How is Samus hurting Ganondorf? How is she even hurting Psychics? Mewtwo can throw her missiles back at her, and Ness can absorb her energy attacks to regain health.

She can destroy matter and her higher-powered weapons ignore physics.

You dolt.
Samus weaponizes Phazon, Phazon is the most radioactive substance in the Metroid Universe and is also alive and sentient.
What Phazon did just by its presance was rip the immortality of multiple "Gods" In the Metroid Universe. These "Gods" Were the Chozo, The most advanced race to exsist in Nintendo's history.
They were able to predict the future and built Samus's suit and weapons. Like i said, these beings were seen as gods to other things.

If Phazon can completly screw over Super Advanced gods, imagine what it will do to a less advanced Medevel Wanna-be god like Ganondorf. Even then Already one punch from Samus will obliterate Mr Ganondorf's skull.

And to Mr Pokemon Trainer.
That is trainer Red, he already has a set canon pokemon team, Arceus is not one of them.

And to Mr Mewtwo, What gonna stop Samus's Physics bending attacks?
#102Green MambaPosted 1/6/2013 5:11:33 PM(edited)
Gold_Vanguard posted...
Hmmm tough choice since its ALL of the Nintendo characters. I'm going with Pit from Kid Icarus. He defeated Hades, the god of the dead. What's bigger than that?

I brought this up earlier in the topic, but killing Hades isn't as impressive as it sounds:

1. Pit was wielding what was left of a god made super weapon specifically designed to slay Hades.
2. Medusa's intervention (i.e. punching the guy's damn head off) threw off Hades' concentration and caused him to lose his temper (for the only time in the game) leaving him vulnerable.
3. Viridi grants him the Power of Flight at that point, which we know makes the weapons Pit wields more powerful.
4. The Great Sacred Treasure's cannon that Pit delivers the final blow with was being powered up by Palutena herself.

So, put it all together, and Pit was wielding a god-made superweapon and required the direct intervention of not one but three goddesses to take down Hades. There's nothing in slaying Hades that proves anything about Pit's own strength.

(And just to split hairs, Hades is never called the God of the Dead. He's called Lord of the Underworld, the closest thing would be Thanatos, God of Death, who isn't all that impressive in power)
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100
#103Traptin3daysPosted 1/6/2013 5:20:26 PM
Super_Sora_232 posted...
spoilers just as warning
yes and @ moonshadow in skyward sword (the 'first' one) demise the demon being that was fighting the creator of tri force, who became zelda and chose link as hero, and demise cursed all their spirits coming back to fight again and again. demise i think is the original spirit of gannondorf

I'm quite sure that Demise cursed Zelda's bloodline and anyone who is chosen by the Triforce of Courage. Zelda and Link are not reincarnated.
---
"Smash isn't not made for only America.." - TBdragon90
Dimentio is our God!
#104MedicalGamerPosted 1/6/2013 7:31:29 PM
IMO is a toss up between Ganon and Ness.
Ganon has the Triforce of Power which gives him god like status. That is saying something.

But Ness combined his power with the power of the earth. And he was already strong at the end of the last dungeon. Also he fought Giyagas who is the "Embodiment of Evil" with his friends admittedly. So I can imagine he'll hold his own against a "King of Evil".
---
Specialty:Diagnostics
The official calm guy of every board. UMVC3:Dante/Wright/Ammy P4A:Yosuke,Aigis TTT2:Asuka/Dragunov
#105Spiega(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 8:16:36 PM
The Ike vs. Link discussion has degenerated into opinionated flaming, lol. Its actually kind of funny.

I have played every Fire Emblem game except for 2 and 3, and I have played OoT, MM, TP, and SS. I am 100% sure that Link is NOT a soldier like Ike. He is an adventurer. Just a common traveler with a sword who can solve puzzles and slay the occasional goblin or bat. His feats of defeating the dungeon bosses rely heavily on his wit and ability to exploit their weaknesses with his tools, often times not being his sword.

Ike on the other hand enters combat with nothing other than his sword, and comes out on top time and time again. Although I would argue that other characters in Radiant Dawn were far better units than Ike, canonically I am pretty certain that Ike is the strongest character in the game. He relies on his power and skill as opposed to his wits like Link does.

Its tough to judge the power of the goddess blessings against the tri-force if I give it a little more thought, so I guess I shouldn't have just flat out said which was better. I apologize for that. Although, I still don't think its 100% clear which is better and which isn't. There are arguments for both sides. What it comes down to I think would be which series has the most powerful lore, and in that case there really is no un-opinionated way to answer.

TLDR; I think Ike is a better and more experienced fighter than Link, and would be able to defeat Ganondorf if he ever had to.
#106Bronze_StuffPosted 1/6/2013 8:33:40 PM
Spiega posted...
The Ike vs. Link discussion has degenerated into opinionated flaming, lol. Its actually kind of funny.

I have played every Fire Emblem game except for 2 and 3, and I have played OoT, MM, TP, and SS. I am 100% sure that Link is NOT a soldier like Ike. He is an adventurer. Just a common traveler with a sword who can solve puzzles and slay the occasional goblin or bat. His feats of defeating the dungeon bosses rely heavily on his wit and ability to exploit their weaknesses with his tools, often times not being his sword.

Ike on the other hand enters combat with nothing other than his sword, and comes out on top time and time again. Although I would argue that other characters in Radiant Dawn were far better units than Ike, canonically I am pretty certain that Ike is the strongest character in the game. He relies on his power and skill as opposed to his wits like Link does.

Its tough to judge the power of the goddess blessings against the tri-force if I give it a little more thought, so I guess I shouldn't have just flat out said which was better. I apologize for that. Although, I still don't think its 100% clear which is better and which isn't. There are arguments for both sides. What it comes down to I think would be which series has the most powerful lore, and in that case there really is no un-opinionated way to answer.

TLDR; I think Ike is a better and more experienced fighter than Link, and would be able to defeat Ganondorf if he ever had to.

Ike isn't even the strongest in his universe in Radiant Dawn. Link doesn't have the experience that Ike would have, but Link has more junk to kill Ike with. No matter what version of Link we're talking about this remains true... Except the original Link, that DOES have more experience with fighting than Ike... In addition to all the magic and crap he has. Unfortunately, Ike fanboys exaggerate his strength, when the reality is that at best, Ike is a really strong human. At best, he'd be able to beat people like Peach with relative ease. The minute he starts coming across freaks of nature main characters with powers...? He's sunk.
---
Jimbo.
#107CPU-ZPosted 1/6/2013 8:37:52 PM
Why is it that when one of these topics are made people are generally biased? They either completely undermine other characters, or simply overpower their own characters. Spoilers ahead.

Ganon hasn't been shown to exhibit full mastery over his Triforce of Power yet. In Hylian lore, the Golden Goddess Din, created the very mountains and land that makes up Hyrule. Possibly Labrynna and Holodrum as well, since they are other countries in the same realm as Hyrule (unlike Termina). If the Triforce of Power actually grants the literal might of Din, then Ganon can pull this off, but has yet to do it. He is rather ambiguous on the power scale. What's been shown is the he is almost immortal, can employ powerful curses (possessing Zelda several times, planting Gohma in the Great Deku Tree, etc.), is extremely strong in physical combat (killed the water Sage with one hand), can transform at will, and many other things. He's very notorious for being sealed by the Master Sword, but has only been killed with it in one fight to date (Twilight Princess). Every other time, it's been the Silver Arrows. Based on what I just said, I can see why others would put him as the most powerful.

I highly doubt Samus is able to pull all that off. I've played my fair share of Metroid games. Sounds like made up numbers to me.

PT has access to all 649 Pokemon. There is literally no dispute that the Pokemon he would be able to capture could surpass every SSB fighter. Remember that it's the Pokemon. Not the Pokemon Trainer. Depending on which ones he does have, then his position on the power list varies.

I can't say much about Kirby. I know he's beaten the strongest warrior in the universe (galaxy?), but this is Kirby's universe. The power levels between universes could be radically different since he's only eight inches tall. The planets in his universe would probably be a lot smaller compared to our planets, too. I'm pretty sure he'd be one of the most powerful irregardless given his copy ability, and his sheer strength that can punch through his universe's planets.

As someone said earlier, it's either Ness or Ganondorf. PT could possibly be in this category given the Pokemon he has in his possession. Ness ( Jeff, Paula, and Poo) managed to cause Giygas to flee by playing a melody that caused memories of Maria (if that's her name) to resurface. I'm not sure if that's a "defeat" or not. That's why I didn't mention it, but you can't deny Ness' support PK and PK Flash. He can boost his strengths and defenses, restore health, inflict various effects on opponents, and downright kill others with PK Flash. When he runs out of PK, then someone mentioned in topic way before this one, that he can dip into magic pudding to restore it.

I'm not sure about Lucas' real power, so I can't comment on him.
#108Bronze_StuffPosted 1/6/2013 8:42:45 PM
PT has access to all 649 Pokemon. There is literally no dispute that the Pokemon he would be able to capture could surpass every SSB fighter. Remember that it's the Pokemon. Not the Pokemon Trainer. Depending on which ones he does have, then his position on the power list varies.

No. He doesn't. Realistically, PT could have any non-legendary Pokemon. And Mewtwo, there is only one in existence, and he's certainly not the owner of it. Even funnier, PT is from Kanto, so more than likely, he'd only have access to 149 Pokemon... Maybe the Johto ones as well. I wouldn't expect him to have much more than that. Even then, some like Aerodactyl and Kabuto are incredibly unlikely for him to have. Regardless of that, it wouldn't even matter if he had access to all of them, because he can only carry 6 with him at a time. That means that he can only have 6 to fight people with.
---
Jimbo.
#109Warp_ZonePosted 1/6/2013 8:43:14 PM
sumostickfigure posted...
ROB, because all other characters are just pixels on a screen.

Only correct answer.
---
Currently playing: Sticker Star, NSMBU
#110CPU-ZPosted 1/6/2013 9:00:03 PM
Bronze_Stuff posted...

No. He doesn't. Realistically, PT could have any non-legendary Pokemon. And Mewtwo, there is only one in existence, and he's certainly not the owner of it. Even funnier, PT is from Kanto, so more than likely, he'd only have access to 149 Pokemon... Maybe the Johto ones as well. I wouldn't expect him to have much more than that. Even then, some like Aerodactyl and Kabuto are incredibly unlikely for him to have. Regardless of that, it wouldn't even matter if he had access to all of them, because he can only carry 6 with him at a time. That means that he can only have 6 to fight people with.

This is video game logic we're talking about. He could capture any legendary he wants. He can also travel to other regions if he wanted. There he could capture other Pokemon. Red (PT) has appeared in three different regions: Kanto, Johto, and Unova in his latest appearance. The six Pokemon limitation doesn't matter either. If he packs Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, then no SSB fighter would stand a chance. This is why I said when this topics come up, they are generally biased. If Pokemon existed in the real world, then there wouldn't be much of a chance anyone could capture a powerful legendary like Arceus. Thus, this is video game logic.