This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Canonically, who would be the most powerful Nintendo character in Smash Bros.?

#111PlasmaCannonPosted 1/6/2013 9:04:42 PM
chiycheesewolf posted...
What the hell guys. What could 99% of the cast even do to hurt Samus?

Anything they want because she is a coward that requires authorization to do anything.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#112NewMoonShadowPosted 1/6/2013 9:11:59 PM
CPU-Z posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
PT has access to all 649 Pokemon. There is literally no dispute that the Pokemon he would be able to capture could surpass every SSB fighter. Remember that it's the Pokemon. Not the Pokemon Trainer. Depending on which ones he does have, then his position on the power list varies.

No. He doesn't. Realistically, PT could have any non-legendary Pokemon. And Mewtwo, there is only one in existence, and he's certainly not the owner of it. Even funnier, PT is from Kanto, so more than likely, he'd only have access to 149 Pokemon... Maybe the Johto ones as well. I wouldn't expect him to have much more than that. Even then, some like Aerodactyl and Kabuto are incredibly unlikely for him to have. Regardless of that, it wouldn't even matter if he had access to all of them, because he can only carry 6 with him at a time. That means that he can only have 6 to fight people with.

This is video game logic we're talking about. He could capture any legendary he wants. He can also travel to other regions if he wanted. There he could capture other Pokemon. Red (PT) has appeared in three different regions: Kanto, Johto, and Unova in his latest appearance. The six Pokemon limitation doesn't matter either. If he packs Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, then no SSB fighter would stand a chance. This is why I said when this topics come up, they are generally biased. If Pokemon existed in the real world, then there wouldn't be much of a chance anyone could capture a powerful legendary like Arceus. Thus, this is video game logic.

Fox and Diddy Kong kicked Rayquaza's ass. The Legendaries don't seem to be as powerful in Smash as they should be.

Of course that Rayquaza emerged from the ocean rather than the atmosphere (Isn't he even called the "Ozone Pokemon" or "Atmosphere Pokemon" or something?) so maybe it was an imposter who tries to look like Rayquaza to intimidate people.

Or Sakurai's ignorance of Pokemon Lore is truly limitless.
#113Bronze_StuffPosted 1/6/2013 9:36:19 PM(edited)
CPU-Z posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
PT has access to all 649 Pokemon. There is literally no dispute that the Pokemon he would be able to capture could surpass every SSB fighter. Remember that it's the Pokemon. Not the Pokemon Trainer. Depending on which ones he does have, then his position on the power list varies.

No. He doesn't. Realistically, PT could have any non-legendary Pokemon. And Mewtwo, there is only one in existence, and he's certainly not the owner of it. Even funnier, PT is from Kanto, so more than likely, he'd only have access to 149 Pokemon... Maybe the Johto ones as well. I wouldn't expect him to have much more than that. Even then, some like Aerodactyl and Kabuto are incredibly unlikely for him to have. Regardless of that, it wouldn't even matter if he had access to all of them, because he can only carry 6 with him at a time. That means that he can only have 6 to fight people with.

This is video game logic we're talking about. He could capture any legendary he wants. He can also travel to other regions if he wanted. There he could capture other Pokemon. Red (PT) has appeared in three different regions: Kanto, Johto, and Unova in his latest appearance. The six Pokemon limitation doesn't matter either. If he packs Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, then no SSB fighter would stand a chance. This is why I said when this topics come up, they are generally biased. If Pokemon existed in the real world, then there wouldn't be much of a chance anyone could capture a powerful legendary like Arceus. Thus, this is video game logic.

Except Red has a canon team. We saw it in the games. It wasn't a bunch of legendaries. You really think Red would travel around with his weakest? No. He wouldn't. He wants to be the best, and traveling around with a bunch of wimps is not how you go about doing that. He's not going to have those because they aren't canon to him in the games (which implies that he hasn't found them, or lacks the strength to catch them). Even worse, is that he couldn't have
Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, because he hasn't been in Hoenn from the in-game knowledge we have of him. If you apply "lol video game logic" to anything, then Captain Falcon is the strongest. You can knock Captain Falcon off a cliff from several kilometers high, see his car explode and incinerate by the flames, and he's so unfazed by this that he's ready to be in the next race. No one can even compete with that in Nintendo canon.

According to Brawl "canon," Wolf has the Landmaster because he saw Falco's and Fox's, so he decided to build it. That puts Wolf on genius levels untouched by anyone in the cast, so if that's the case, Wolf could build a power suit that rivals Samus because he saw it and it looked cool. He could make Ragnell because he saw it... Video game logic. It doesn't work. Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention, when Wolf runs out of health, he just pulls out. He doesn't die. There's also the fact that you can shoot Wolf in the face with an energy gatling gun and it doesn't kill him. It just annoys him. So obviously, Wolf and Captain Falcon are the strongest characters in this.
---
Jimbo.
#114R0sal1naPosted 1/6/2013 9:37:38 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
chiycheesewolf posted...

Anything they want because she is a coward that requires authorization to do anything.

Are you just going to keep saying that until a non-Other M Metroid game is made?
---
Look over there. They're using a word incorrectly. I am shocked at their bad grammar.
#115CPU-ZPosted 1/6/2013 9:39:44 PM
Rude much? Anyways, I said if he had the Pokemon. This is video game logic we're discussing because none of this is actuality. It's just speculation about who would be the most powerful. Red is capable of catching the legendaries if he so chooses to hunt them down and capture them. That's why I carefully chose my words in my initial post.
#116Bronze_StuffPosted 1/6/2013 9:40:18 PM
R0sal1na posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
chiycheesewolf posted...

Are you just going to keep saying that until a non-Other M Metroid game is made?

That's not possible. Adam has not authorized another Metroid game.
---
Jimbo.
#117Bronze_StuffPosted 1/6/2013 9:48:21 PM
CPU-Z posted...
Rude much? Anyways, I said if he had the Pokemon. This is video game logic we're discussing because none of this is actuality. It's just speculation about who would be the most powerful. Red is capable of catching the legendaries if he so chooses to hunt them down and capture them. That's why I carefully chose my words in my initial post.

I'm not being rude. The fact of the matter is that he can't and doesn't have them. If Link or Ganon had all three pieces of the Triforce, they'd be pretty much unstoppable. But they don't, so we don't say that he does have the Triforce. Hyper Sonic is not canon in the Sonic Universe, so any discussions with Sonic will not involve Hyper Sonic (who is literally invincible) because it's not canon. Red literally doesn't have those Pokemon in his canonical appearances outside of FR/LG. We've seen subsequent installments, thus, we know his team.

There's no way you can prove that Red is capable of this. The only ones that we know he can have are Lugia, Ho-oh, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres Suicune, Raikou and Entei. Because those are the only ones that we could catch with him. Since he's not using any of the stronger ones in Unova, we know that he doesn't have them. That's the issue. That's like saying if Ike had Yune's blessing and the Black Knight's armor, he'd be invincible. Maybe so, but he doesn't. And never does.
---
Jimbo.
#118CPU-ZPosted 1/6/2013 9:54:49 PM
You just proved my point that he could have legendaries if he wants them, granted that they would be limited in what he can capture because of what regions he's been to that we know of. I'll give you that.
#119Bronze_StuffPosted 1/6/2013 9:59:04 PM
CPU-Z posted...
You just proved my point that he could have legendaries if he wants them, granted that they would be limited in what he can capture because of what regions he's been to that we know of. I'll give you that.

But my point is that his choices would be limited. That was it. None of the team you mentioned he could possibly have. That's why I was saying "video game logic" doesn't cover it.
---
Jimbo.
#120Nidhogg151Posted 1/6/2013 10:20:20 PM
You all keep bringing up Red's canon team. That's his preferred battle team, NOT the only Pokemon he has. In fact, through canon it's assumed he could have access to any and all Pokemon, as one of his two purposes is to fill the Pokedex, which you do by catching as many Pokemon as you cant. You don't simply stop at 6. It's never explained why he chooses his team either. It could simply be because those are the Pokemon he likes the most/feels closest too. And that's probably the actual reason considering Pokemon.

Besides, I keep seeing a lot of people bring up what other characters could legitimately have access to in their lore/canon, but don't necessarily actually have it. So if you can use that argument, why can't we?
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576