Canonically, who would be the most powerful Nintendo character in Smash Bros.?

#141Bronze_StuffPosted 1/7/2013 6:56:38 AM
Nidhogg151 posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...
And yet... He still couldn't get ones like Mew, Arceus. As your character is the one that would be getting them. The ones that you'd want to mention are what matter. Common Pokemon are nothing special here.

I don't really see why he couldn't. I caught legendaries just fine with my Red. Why couldn't he have caught the others too? I mean he has reasonable access. He got to Unova just fine, which means he could get to the other regions (Unova is the furthest and most difficult to get to region). Planes and ships exist making travel not that big of a deal. I mean, I'm not making a stretch here, this is all stuff you do in the game normally, and about 95% of the time it's not a "you're the only one who can do this" situation either. The true game canon actually leaves all the legendaries grey for that reason alone. Only a couple are claimed in canon, the rest are ment to be catchable by any trainer strong enough, which Red is.

Getting legendaries in the Pokemon universe isn't like getting the full Tri-force. Because for the most part nothing special has to happen for most or them. I'll admit there are a few that are too unlikely for Red to get, but for the most part he only has to know where to look and would be able to get them reasonably.

And even then, for arguments sake, those legendaries aren't the only thing out there that could make PT win. They are simply easy mode. Most normal Pokemon tend to have features that could still easily make them win. Like Darmanitan who's fire reaches 2500 degrees and can destroy a dump truck in one punch, according to its Pokedex entry.

Because Red isn't the only trainer in the universe of Pokemon. As for Arceus, no, no index for it says it created the universe. It says it existed before the universe was made. Even then, the entry says "it is said." That doesn't make it so. Even worse, if it really is that powerful, how is Red supposed to catch it? If 6 Pokemon > Arceus, then Arceus itself isn't that strong. Certainly nothing in comparison to the likes of Samus, Ness, Gandondorf, Link, Fox... He's pretty weak actually. Regardless of that, Red's canon team has been shown on multiple occasions. So it makes the argument even easier. We aren't going to assume things that he doesn't have and never has been shown to have. Legendaries are left in the gray, because it would be silly and boring if every powerful trainer had nothing but legendary Pokemon. The best assumption from there is that they don't have them. And yes, we know that planes exist, but Red has never been in that region in the games, and there were no traces of him anywhere. It's easy to assume he's not there at that point.

Yes, it would be. Both are possible, but don't happen.

Yes, and it still isn't impressive when things like the can Arwing fly through atmospheres or even fire planets and still survive-- and Fox is someone that I'd say has a pretty lame chance of winning when he has objects that are stronger than most Pokemon and can definitely defend himself better than PT.
---
Jimbo.
#142ZeroFrogPosted 1/7/2013 7:03:36 AM
Spiega posted...
I am 100% sure that Link is NOT a soldier like Ike. He is an adventurer. Just a common traveler with a sword who can solve puzzles and slay the occasional goblin or bat. His feats of defeating the dungeon bosses rely heavily on his wit and ability to exploit their weaknesses with his tools, often times not being his sword.

How do you not remember Link's agility playing into this sequence? Link is not common. Link is not a soldier either, and what the hell does that have to do with anything? You badly forget what Link goes through in the dungeons.

Ike on the other hand enters combat with nothing other than his sword, and comes out on top time and time again.

Ike enters combat with a army behind him always except for dueling with the Black Knight. It is never "nothing" and never has been. Ike has far more people covering his myriad weaknesses in the campaigns and they are not here. Link is far better for operating on his own and has no weaknesses.

Link is far more skilled than Ike. The only advantage that Ike even has over Link is that he has more experience as a soldier than Link, not at all more experience risking life and limb like Link does. Link is superior in everything else, and in everything that matters.

He relies on his power and skill as opposed to his wits like Link does.

Link relies on his wits, his ability, his agility, his power, and his skill all the time. All of his attributes are sky high and top of the line. Ike can never say the same thing when there is a army of people to take care of his manbaby self.

TLDR; I think Ike is a better and more experienced fighter than Link, and would be able to defeat Ganondorf if he ever had to.

Incorrect. Incorrect.
#143Sailor_RazorPosted 1/7/2013 9:06:05 AM
Link.

Even if you kill him, he'll be back. Just look at Ocarina of Time and A Link To The Past. In ALTTP's canon, the Hero of Time Link got killed, and another Link rose anyway. He definitely didn't have any kids.
#144JC152Posted 1/7/2013 9:24:33 AM
Why are people even mentioning Red in this topic? After all, the topic asks who the most powerful Nintendo character is, and Red himself is clearly among the opposite of that, being a coward who flees the instant his pokemon are knocked out, even in a friendly battle.

Canonically however, the most powerful character would actually have to be either the one delivers the final blow to Giygas, (that might not count since its 4th wall breaking, but then again that could be evidence of power.) or the Dragon in Mother 3.

The Dragon in Mother 3 could actually be the most powerful of them all since it can literally remake the world and possibly change reality as it is. (How is it that everyone survived the events of the ending?) Unlike Arceus, the dragon has shown what it can do...
#145Scorpion122178Posted 1/7/2013 9:29:14 AM
Aren't we only tiering actual roster members? Why is Arceus and Giygas being talked about?
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, TESV Skyrim
#146victinivcreate1Posted 1/7/2013 11:42:14 AM
chiycheesewolf posted...
victinivcreate1 posted...
chiycheesewolf posted...
What the hell guys. What could 99% of the cast even do to hurt Samus?

Heck, cannonically, Most of them would die instantly from one punch from Samus.

Training in 850 G's of gravity can really REALLY make someone strong.

I mean, If you trip and fall in 2-3 G's of gravity your almost guarenteed to die, Yet Samus can scale cliffs in one jump and outrun plasma shots in 850 G's... without the suit.

Think logically, she is going to be near indestructable in comparasin to everyone else's durabilities.

Mewtwo could easily take her on. All he has to use is 850.00000000000001 G's of Gravity to kill her.
Speed wise-Mewtwo has base 130 speed. Can outrun any half breed like ZSS
For Samus in the suit- Uses Thunderbolt and electrocutes her. 2HKO
Power-Mewtwo boasts 110 atk and 154 sp. atk. ]

All in all, MEWTWO WINS

Gravity suit causes her to ignore all gravity changes.
Base 130? You realize thats just a video game stat.

Samus has been calc'd to be able to outrun lightning, which moves at about 300 Mach. Basically, 300 times the speed of sound simple due to her super human abilities and speed boosters.
I mean, C'mon. She can move hypersonic speeds (Mach 5-10) already with all of her equipment in 850 G's of gravity.

Samus is considerably slower in her suit than in the Zero Suit. Plus considering her size, which s 6'3 at best, shes moving at about 8-13 feet per second, which means she can run between 80-130 feet in ten seconds. Unless when she runs, the jets are propelling her and then she runs CRAZY fast. And Mewtwo can catch her with his mind and shock the Chozo implants out of her. One punch will definetly hurt Mewtwo, as his defenses are modest. But he has unbelievable power and performs well from a distance as well in CQC.
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and Ryu Hayabusa for SSB4
#147Green MambaPosted 1/7/2013 12:33:40 PM(edited)
Samus is no faster out of her suit in the Metroid games, that's only in Smash. The only two games where direct comparison between her suited form and suitless form is possible are Zero Mission and Other M (the original Metroid's suitless Samus is more of an easter egg), and she's not faster out of her suit. In fact, because she can't activate her Speed Booster out of it, she's actually slower out of her suit.

Samus's suit canonically increases all of her abilities--it only hampers her speed and mobility in Smash due to balance reasons.
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100
#148Dark_Link92Posted 1/7/2013 12:57:27 PM
My guesses would be Hades, Arceus, or Ganondorf.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#149Green MambaPosted 1/7/2013 1:04:29 PM
Neither Hades nor Arceus are in Smash.

And if you wanted to talk gods in Kid Icarus, Dyntos is almost certainly more powerful.
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100
#150Nidhogg151Posted 1/7/2013 1:15:08 PM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
As for Arceus, no, no index for it says it created the universe. It says it existed before the universe was made. Even then, the entry says "it is said." That doesn't make it so. Even worse, if it really is that powerful, how is Red supposed to catch it?

Pokedex entries:

Diamond: It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.

Pearl: It is told in mythology that this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed.

Platinum: It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.

Sounds like it created the universe to me, as well as the Pokemon world.

JC152 posted...
Why are people even mentioning Red in this topic? After all, the topic asks who the most powerful Nintendo character is, and Red himself is clearly among the opposite of that, being a coward who flees the instant his pokemon are knocked out, even in a friendly battle

This was already explained multiple times. Red's Pokemon do count as being a part of him. As for him running off, it's never mentioned that it's done out of cowardice, in fact it's only ever been strongly implied that that it's done out of PT's love for his Pokemon. For example, when your kid gets hit my a car, your first instinct is to rush them to a hospital/get them to safety, not leave them bleeding in the street while you go beat up the driver. Beating up the driver comes later, after they are safe. Which is exactly what happens in the games.

I'll admit it's not the best writing in the game. But they did need some kind of reason for you to actually be able to lose, and not just sit there going through indefinite revives, never losing.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576