Canonically, who would be the most powerful Nintendo character in Smash Bros.?

#31GenoPosted 1/5/2013 11:24:24 PM
I'd have to say it's a toss-up between Ness and Mewtwo. No-one in the cast (besides Lucas, I'd imagine) seems to really be resistant or immune to psionics, so.. canonically, I'd say that Ness and Mewtwo are on similar levels of psionic prowess. They'd just wipe people to drooling messes and then duke it out between themselves to decide the winner.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#32mithos08Posted 1/5/2013 11:24:37 PM
4 words

Super
Mario
Galaxy's
Bowser

I mean, that effn thing was not only humngous, but with power enough to do funny stuff with whole galaxies...

Otherwise, I think Ganondorf with all the Triforce thingy should be the one
---
-Love is a brand of egoism that ignores the feelings of its mark while insisting on its own selfish demands.
-Hail to Lord Yggdrasil!
#33SideShowBattPosted 1/5/2013 11:35:24 PM
Ganandorf, dude holds a holy relic that gives him limitless power, can only be vanquished by weapons blessed by the goddess of Hyrule, has a army that has no end, and has the ability to corrupt people, animals, and object to the point they become monsters.
---
XBL Tag- SideShowBatt
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
#34Genius_SagePosted 1/5/2013 11:39:43 PM(edited)
SideShowBatt posted...
Ganandorf, dude holds a holy relic that gives him limitless power, can only be vanquished by weapons blessed by the goddess of Hyrule, has a army that has no end, and has the ability to corrupt people, animals, and object to the point they become monsters.

Got killed by Zant in a symbiotic relationship that he NEEDED to survive even with the triforce of power.

Ganondorf is not that powerful people.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#35KevinCCPosted 1/5/2013 11:47:50 PM
There's a lot of power between them all, but here's a few I wouldn't count out:

Samus. She's highly adaptable to different situations and her weaponry has been the (indirect?) cause of destruction of several planets.

Mewtwo. This Pokemon was designed for carnage, and it is still one of the most devastatingly powerful in-game (where its full power is reined in). Also, Arceus... meaning that a single Pokemon Trainer with a belt full of Legendaries is also a fearsome foe.

Bowser could be a candidate as well, as he has managed to build reactors that nuke the -galaxy-. Mario defeats him mostly through precision.

Fire Emblem final and special bosses are also on the list. Demon King Fomortiis who was only sealed even in-game, Goddess Ashera who turned the world to stone, Black Knight's armor of invincibility...

And naturally, Ganondorf. He has done dire things while mostly toying with the Triforce of Power... oh, but we mustn't forget Lord Demise, either, who basically cursed the Triforce.

Hmmm... this list is filled with characters of devastating power and ones with specific weaknesses that someone other than their fated foe wouldn't be able to cover. When they're combined, as in Demise or the Fire Emblem bosses, that's where the peak of power probably is.
---
...as opposed to an average game.
#36vanguard29Posted 1/5/2013 11:48:58 PM
SonicVsMarioX posted...
Goku

i think we all know this is true, but goku has never been in SSB....

but ganondorf vs. Ike with blessing would be a fight to see....
---
"Even If the morrow is barren of promises / Nothing shall forestall my return"
#37FairyGlitterPosted 1/6/2013 12:01:44 AM
Sonic. Lightspeed Attack + time/space manipulation + invulnerability + nigh-omnichronological existence = lol at everyone else.
#38supersmashbrosfPosted 1/6/2013 12:11:12 AM
COlimar788 posted...
Friendly reminder that, even if Kirby has fought some horrifying abominations, he is canonically only eight inches tall. So...

Yeah, Ganondorf or Ness. Or maybe Bowser, who seems to be frigging immortal. Or maybe Pokemon Trainer, if he caught any legendaries.

Eight inches or not he cracks a planet in half for sport
---
"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you"-Bruce Lee
#39DarkBlade81Posted 1/6/2013 12:12:52 AM
Sonic is not god-tier. SUPER Sonic, maybe. (BTW I am a fan of Sonic, at least up to Sonic & Knuckles)

Ganondorf is little more than a thief with extremely good luck and some magic. He STOLE part of the Triforce. Anyone else ever think about how Link and Zelda were chosen? Who would the Triforce of Power picked, if it could have?

Anyway, my vote is for Zelda. She probably has the most pure power, but either doesn't know how to reach her full potential, or limits herself to avoid collateral damage.
#40EJWPosted 1/6/2013 12:14:19 AM
Super Sonic is part of Sonic's arsenal.