Canonically, who would be the most powerful Nintendo character in Smash Bros.?

#41Arn544Posted 1/6/2013 12:58:15 AM
Master hand anybody?

Also... all this zelda talk makes me wish the stories weren't connected...

OoT/MM the story was decent, you throw in WW and TP and try to make it all apart of the same world just in different eras and the story starts to get incredibly stupid... just saying.

For me the worst part of WW/TP was them trying to tie the other games into them, if they had just let them be their own games with their own story it wouldn't have been as bad.
#42ecylisPosted 1/6/2013 1:14:39 AM
Link.
Ganon is the most powerful Nintendo villain and only Link can beat him.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 4470-8076-7033
Not changing this sig until this fad dies out. Started on 8/24/12.
#43DragonImpsPosted 1/6/2013 1:17:00 AM
I don't see why people are mentioning Ness. Paula; and by extention, the people of Eagleland, are the ones who fought Gyigas.

I'd say Lucas would beat him out, having the power to *Spoiler!!* awaken and control the Dark Dragon and actually fight what may be the Gyigas of his game, Porky.

And with Kirby, he doesn't seem to be able to suck up certain powerful opponents, or eat them at the least. And since the physics from the most of other characters don't create stars on impact, he'd have a hard time shooting out stars or copying an ability against some characters.

I don't think there's a real "Most powerful" anyway. Some are just well suited againsts particular things, it's situational.
#44chiycheesewolfPosted 1/6/2013 1:46:20 AM
Samus, Link, Ness.

Link because of the unfairness of the Feirce Diety Mask and Triforce

Samus because her most basic weapon can power all of Earth's electronics for weeks. (Powerbeam)
Her more powerful weapons destroy physics.
Not to mention her training in over 850 G's of gravity and somehow being able to jump 20 feet in the air and crush metal with her fists in said G's.

Ness because he somehow was able to survive a threat to the universe itself.
#45Emperor_mateusPosted 1/6/2013 1:49:32 AM
Spoiler.

Hades says Pit might be the strongest Nintendo character of all time. And if Hades says it then who are you to argue.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#46MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/6/2013 1:49:46 AM
Green Mamba posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
After the credits in Kid Icarus: Uprising,

Hades: Well, I must say I am impressed. Such a teeny little angel defeating such a big, bad god of the Underworld. Why, Pitty... that must make you the most powerful Nintendo character of all time!

That sounds more like Hades puffing himself up, nevermind that Pit required the intervention of three separate goddesses to bring him down (wielding what was left of a god-made superweapon as well).

Not to mention, your interpretation requires taking something Hades says at face value, and that's just silly.

Agreed.

As for myself, I'm going to have to say Kirby. Now, I think Giygas is stronger than Kirby, but Giygas isn't playable in Smash Bros. I don't think he even got a sticker... Did he?
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#47chiycheesewolfPosted 1/6/2013 1:52:20 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
Green Mamba posted...

Hades: Well, I must say I am impressed. Such a teeny little angel defeating such a big, bad god of the Underworld. Why, Pitty... that must make you the most powerful Nintendo character of all time!

That sounds more like Hades puffing himself up, nevermind that Pit required the intervention of three separate goddesses to bring him down (wielding what was left of a god-made superweapon as well).

Not to mention, your interpretation requires taking something Hades says at face value, and that's just silly.

Agreed.

As for myself, I'm going to have to say Kirby. Now, I think Giygas is stronger than Kirby, but Giygas isn't playable in Smash Bros. I don't think he even got a sticker... Did he?

Dude. Giygas is one of the most powerful characters in fiction outside of omnipotence.
#48swabluPosted 1/6/2013 1:54:47 AM
of course out all the clowns in that game Snake is the most powerful... go play MGS if you dont know what he has been through
---
praise the sun
#49EJWPosted 1/6/2013 1:57:52 AM
swablu posted...
of course out all the clowns in that game Snake is the most powerful... go play MGS if you dont know what he has been through

I've played them. Not even close.
#50MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/6/2013 2:03:02 AM
chiycheesewolf posted...
MarioFanaticXV posted...
Green Mamba posted...

Agreed.

Dude. Giygas is one of the most powerful characters in fiction outside of omnipotence.

Exactly; I think he's the strongest Nintendo character to date.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20