Canonically, who would be the most powerful Nintendo character in Smash Bros.?

#51Koro-SenseiPosted 1/6/2013 2:25:02 AM
^ Zero and Dark Matter says hi!
#52Purging_FlamePosted 1/6/2013 2:26:20 AM
Mario has killed the sun before.

I wouldn't want to tussle with anyone who could do that.
---
Failing at life this hard should be a ToS violation. - TennCaseys Encore
if you have standards it just lowers the amount of stuff you can enjoy. - yusiko
#53MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/6/2013 2:29:08 AM
Koro-Sensei posted...
^ Zero and Dark Matter says hi!

Not sure who Zero is (first that comes to mind is the Mega Man character), but as for Dark Matter, I'd put other Kirby characters above him, Namely Galacta Knight (and by extension, Kirby and Meta Knight for beating him), Marx (Soul form), and Maglor.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#54EJWPosted 1/6/2013 2:33:45 AM
Zero & Zero-Two

The bloodiest character(s) in Kirby history.
#55Spiega(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 2:47:38 AM
I have a feeling that if Link can defeat Ganondorf, Ike would be able to do it with ease.

Ragnell > Master Sword. The triforce is probably no different from the blessings of the goddesses. What it would come down to is the fact that Ike has more fighting experience than Link, who spends his time doing puzzles and slaying bats, while Ike fights with dragons and berserkers on a regular basis.
#56MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/6/2013 4:05:29 AM
EJW posted...
Zero & Zero-Two

The bloodiest character(s) in Kirby history.

Oh, Dark Matter's other forms. Still no. Not even close to Marx Soul, and Marx Soul, which means not even close to Kirby. And even Kirby is still nothing compared to Giygas.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#57primusninePosted 1/6/2013 4:18:34 AM
Well, if Sonic gets Super mode, then shouldn't Mario get Star Power? That makes him invincible for a period of time.

There could be a bunch of arguments made for or against every character.

Personally I want to say Captain Falcon is up there. The man races at stupidfast speeds, can punch a guy so hard a universe explodes and wears a pink neck scarf.

Say what you want about everyone's "invincible unless" situations. You catch an emotion packed Falcon Punch and you are in trouble.
#58alpha-apePosted 1/6/2013 4:33:14 AM
If we start talking about invicible modes, then even Mr. Game and Watch or Jigglypuff could be the most powerful.
#59Ashuras_Posted 1/6/2013 4:59:56 AM
Since it's hinted that's the Dark Matter is behind almost every bad thing in Kirby. And Zero, the creator/origin/hive queen of said Dark Matter, even after being killed twice, can still transform harmless thing like a living paint in freaky Eldrich Abomination (Drawcia Soul). So I would rank him alongside Giygas in the Eldrich Tiers.

But Kirby beat them all so Kirby > All !
#60ZeroFrogPosted 1/6/2013 6:10:54 AM
Spiega posted...
I have a feeling that if Link can defeat Ganondorf, Ike would be able to do it with ease.

Incorrect. Ike is a unskilled initiate next to Link.

Ragnell > Master Sword.

Incorrect. The Goddesses of Hyrule created the entire world from scratch, bit by bit and performed feats of might much more astonishing than anything Yune+Ashera combined ever did. They even created items that actually can grant wishes.

What is Ragnell but a poor comparison to the glorious Master Sword? Ragnell cannot seal evil. Ragnell can't even beat the blessing of Ashera on the Black Knight's armor. The Master Sword defeats a man empowered by the Triforce of Power. When a castle fell on the Black Knight, he had to hightail it out of there. When a castle fell on the G man, he laughed at it.

The triforce is probably no different from the blessings of the goddesses.

If you don't know anything about the Triforce, don't talk about the Triforce. The Blessing of the Goddesses give you measly power. The power of one piece of the Triforce make you nigh immortal.

What it would come down to is the fact that Ike has more fighting experience than Link, who spends his time doing puzzles and slaying bats, while Ike fights with dragons and berserkers on a regular basis.

I'd better go tell the Darknuts and Moblins and Dinalfos and Dodongos and Stalfos and bosses that Link kills regularly that they are bats and puzzles.

Experience? Ike has experience fighting in and with a army with everyone taking care of his Man Baby self and watching his back. Link is just about all on his own when he kills multistory high monsters and superhuman foes.

If you don't know anything about the Legend of Zelda, don't talk about the Legend of Zelda.