Canonically, who would be the most powerful Nintendo character in Smash Bros.?

#61Traptin3daysPosted 1/6/2013 6:35:10 AM
ZeroFrog posted...
Spiega posted...
I have a feeling that if Link can defeat Ganondorf, Ike would be able to do it with ease.

Incorrect. Ike is a unskilled initiate next to Link.

Ragnell > Master Sword.

Incorrect. The Goddesses of Hyrule created the entire world from scratch, bit by bit and performed feats of might much more astonishing than anything Yune+Ashera combined ever did. They even created items that actually can grant wishes.

What is Ragnell but a poor comparison to the glorious Master Sword? Ragnell cannot seal evil. Ragnell can't even beat the blessing of Ashera on the Black Knight's armor. The Master Sword defeats a man empowered by the Triforce of Power. When a castle fell on the Black Knight, he had to hightail it out of there. When a castle fell on the G man, he laughed at it.

The triforce is probably no different from the blessings of the goddesses.

If you don't know anything about the Triforce, don't talk about the Triforce. The Blessing of the Goddesses give you measly power. The power of one piece of the Triforce make you nigh immortal.

What it would come down to is the fact that Ike has more fighting experience than Link, who spends his time doing puzzles and slaying bats, while Ike fights with dragons and berserkers on a regular basis.

I'd better go tell the Darknuts and Moblins and Dinalfos and Dodongos and Stalfos and bosses that Link kills regularly that they are bats and puzzles.

Experience? Ike has experience fighting in and with a army with everyone taking care of his Man Baby self and watching his back. Link is just about all on his own when he kills multistory high monsters and superhuman foes.

If you don't know anything about the Legend of Zelda, don't talk about the Legend of Zelda.

While I agree with your post, I think you are unnecessary rude.
---
"Smash isn't not made for only America.." - TBdragon90
Dimentio is our God!
#62TableFlipPosted 1/6/2013 6:36:22 AM
Mario,Bowser,Ganondorf,Ness,and Pit.
---
I don't even know anymore.
#63ElectricNovaPosted 1/6/2013 6:45:33 AM
Kirby and Ness, especially after Magicant and during return to dreamland.
---
The heroic and cool rope snake you once knew is dead. In a tiny, quiet voice, I say... so long.
#64Scorpion122178Posted 1/6/2013 7:05:36 AM
Even Metaknight proved himself in return to dreamland by defeating the universes most powerful knight.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, TESV Skyrim
#65NewMoonShadowPosted 1/6/2013 9:30:07 AM
ZeroFrog posted...
Spiega posted...
I have a feeling that if Link can defeat Ganondorf, Ike would be able to do it with ease.

What? In every single game Link is a farmboy who's picking up a sword for the first time aside from maybe a couple session with a wooden practice sword. He doesn't even have a sword at the beginning of any game.

Ike is a trained soldier with years upon years of experience. From a skill standpoint Ike would butcher Link.
#66tehponycornPosted 1/6/2013 10:37:13 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
ZeroFrog posted...
Spiega posted...

What? In every single game Link is a farmboy who's picking up a sword for the first time aside from maybe a couple session with a wooden practice sword. He doesn't even have a sword at the beginning of any game.

Ike is a trained soldier with years upon years of experience. From a skill standpoint Ike would butcher Link.

Dude, have you played a single Legend of Zelda game through to the end? Despite the fact he's just picking up a sword for the first time he's still good at using it. Anyone who has no experience with a sword can't kill the entirety of Ganondorf's army. The thing about Link is that he's smart and knows how to fight on his own and with help. While all Ike does is have his buddies fight for him, Link fights all alone against a smarter army.

I'd say a fight between Ike and Link would be close, but I think that in the end Link would win. He'd study Ike in battle, he'd learn his strength and weaknesses on the spot and exploit them.

Not to mention Link has a GINORMOUS arsenal of weapons to chose from, and he could exploit that by constantly changing his fighting style. One moment he's taking Ike from a distance with his bow, then he's attacking with a hammer that can create shockwaves! Then he unleashes Fire magic and snipes Ike on horseback. If Link were a class in Fire Emblem, he'd have the powers of every class.

Look at this (http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/03/22/the-legend-of-zeldas-best-weapons?page=1) and you'll see that this is just a small amount of Link's weapons. He can change the time and weather, teleport across far distances, summon horses, and talk to a friend that's miles away just by playing an instrument.

You should also look at this. (http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Moon) Yeah, that's right, Link saves the world from the moon. He has defeated the moon! He has also defeated
-A man with Godly Powers on multiple occasions
-entire armies
-A person with true godlike powers (http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Skull_Kid_(character) look at the majora's mask section)
-a god (majora herself)
-a beast that can sap the strength of gods(bellum)
-a very skilled and powerful wizard(Vaati)

He has also:
-Sailed across Seas
-Traversed difficult dungeons
-Flown across a series of islands IN THE SKY!
-Walked across lands that have to be hundreds if not thousands of miles across
-Traveled through time(and has the ability to alter it)
-Slain millions if not billions of demonic creatures
-DEFEATED THE MOON

In the original game (which is still played to this day) Link is thrust head first into two adventures and he just rolls with it, he finds everything he needs and defeats eight bosses and Ganon. Twice.

Then he prevents Ganon's return and fights himself. When he's almost 16.

Now, I will say that Ike does a similar thing and fights armies and whatnot, when he's 17 and 20

Link managed to kill an army, when he was 10-13.

So lets see what Link has done and has
-He's killed Godly Beings and Armies, some of it while he was 10-13.
-He's saved an entire countryFROM THE MOOM
-He has a arsenal worthy of an army.
-He can alter time
-He's traversed many environments
-He's slain plenty of demonic creatures (dungeon bosses)
-He has multiple hearts (heart containers)
and he does all of this without pants

Now tell me whether or not Link would be a match for Ike, If not better than him.
#67ThatPersonGuyPosted 1/6/2013 10:39:32 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...
Ganondorf crushes Ike, even with Yune's blessing.

I think the canonical tier list would be something like this

---God/God Killing Tier(no pun intended)----
Kirby
Meta Knight
Ganondorf
Pit
Link
Sonic
Zelda
Ike w/ blessing

----Powerful Psychics Tier----
Ness
Lucas
Mewtwo

---Advanced Technology Tier----
Samus
Fox
Wolf
Falco
Snake
Captain Falcon
ROB?

----Intimidating Monster Tier----
Bowser
Pokemon Trainer(not him but rather Charizard would have me s***ing bricks irl)
King Dedede
Donkey Kong
Lucario

---I could probably kill with a gun Tier---
Marth
Roy
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Pikachu
Wario
Diddy Kong
Peach
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Pichu

---Can't fight Tier----
Captian Olimar(the dude is like 2 inches tall)
Mr. Game & Watch(not even a 3 dimensional being)

Pikmin butt r***
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#68ThatPersonGuyPosted 1/6/2013 10:45:07 AM
Olimar curb stomps them all. 100 pikmin burning, shocking, poisoning, and pinning you to the ground all at once? Insta-Kill.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#69pokemonynstynPosted 1/6/2013 10:45:46 AM
FoxMakinWaffles posted...
It's Ganondorf or Ness. This has been discussed too many times.

---
Replace
#70TheMasterTurtlePosted 1/6/2013 11:08:57 AM
Um, tehponycorn. You are talking about the Link's like all of them are the same character. I will certainly agree that Ike would win in combat. Link's greatest strength is his luck and courage. You talk about him as if he's a master of combat or something, his biggest strength in my mind is that he doesn't back down from even the greatest of threats.

Also, just because someone beats something stronger then itself does not make it immediately stronger.

Top Tier:
Kirby
Ganondorf
Bowser
Ness? (Never played Earthbound)
Mewtwo

The best way to this would be to make a tournament bracket with a large number of unique areas and then write how the fight would go. Power is not the only important thing here. We also have to figure out how limited each character is because if they all always had access to all their abilities there would be no end to this argument.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS