Canonically, who would be the most powerful Nintendo character in Smash Bros.?

#71Scorpion122178Posted 1/6/2013 11:17:32 AM
@TheMasterTurtle

Your right of course in saying that just because someone beats a person it doesn't make them automatically stronger, in boxing there are rematches all the time for this reason. But when we are taking characters into account we should be counting them at their peak strength, meaning Link is for sure top tier with Ganondorf not because of the master sword, he doesn't even win half those fights with Ganondorf fairly. I'm talking about Link's access to the fierce deity mask, thats GG Ike.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, TESV Skyrim
#72ZeroFrogPosted 1/6/2013 11:18:37 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
In every single game Link is a farmboy who's picking up a sword for the first time aside from maybe a couple session with a wooden practice sword. He doesn't even have a sword at the beginning of any game.

And? The farmboy gets out and does good. Perhaps you forgot how he learned so well in Twilight Princess and did good with the training from the Hero's Shade?

This is because Link is truly incredible to master so many weapons in so little time.

Ike is a trained soldier with years upon years of experience.

This is a blatant lie and should not be said at all. Ike's years were filled with practice and being beaten around by Greil. The Mad King's War was only his first actual experience, and nothing else came even close until he got to World War 2. And at that time he got the support of armies and armies, unless we're talking about the useless Crimean rebels who are some of the most inept soldiers ever shown on screen. Your "years upon years" of experience are not so.

Know your shame.

From a skill standpoint Ike would butcher Link.

Incorrect. Link masters everything within a brief, beautiful time. Ike can only be clumsy with his sword even after a long time of training with his emo dad.

TheMasterTurtle posted...
I will certainly agree that Ike would win in combat.

This does not ever happen. Come talk to me when Ike doesn't spend great amounts of his games running away from a whole bunch of things like a sissy.

You talk about him as if he's a master of combat or something, his biggest strength in my mind is that he doesn't back down from even the greatest of threats.

Is there some reason why he cannot be a master of combat and a greatly courageous man? Because he is both. Yes his greatest strength is his courage, but that in no way discounts the many Links and their incredible adventures or the skills they learned to complete their journey.
#73Luigi4PresidentPosted 1/6/2013 11:18:41 AM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Olimar curb stomps them all. 100 pikmin burning, shocking, poisoning, and pinning you to the ground all at once? Insta-Kill.

The size though, it really defeats the purpose.

The correct answer is overall Ness. I might say Kirby, but his health does not last as long compared to Ness'. Plus, all those abilities can only do so much one at a time. Ness has every power with him all the time.
---
If stupidity was music, you'd be an orchestra.
#74DorotimusWitikPosted 1/6/2013 11:23:42 AM(edited)
Ganandorf has never really performed any feats of strength that I can think of that would really put him in the top tier. I know he's considered to be some kind of 'god' and all, but the fact is that he's consistently shut down by some elf boy who can be pretty easily smacked around by a small contingency of goblins if he isn't careful.

The master sword can't even consistently damage most hard things. It's not like it's one of those 'impossibly sharp blades' you'd hear about on tropeswiki. Goemon from Lupin the III would be able to slice even the meanest darknuts in half with a single slice, and he's just the partner of a legendary thief.

Whooo, it can banish evil for like five minutes at a time. Sooo powerful. Well, not so much powerful as inconvenient.
#75ZeroFrogPosted 1/6/2013 11:26:17 AM
DorotimusWitik posted...
but the fact is that he's consistently shut down by some elf boy who can be pretty easily shut down by a small contingency of goblins if he isn't careful.

I think you mean company, and in canon this is simply not a Thing.

Ganon is hard to kill. Really really hard to kill. Not impossible, but really hard.

Goemon from Lupin the III would be able to slice even the meanest darknuts in half with a single slice, and he's just the partner of a legendary thief.

The same Goemon who can damage diamonds and cut a airliner in half? This is your comparison? Are you going to try and next bring in someone like Samurai Jack and say that "well since Link has never fell out of orbit like Jack obviously he isn't powerful"?

Whooo, it can banish evil for like five minutes at a time.

When?
#76DorotimusWitikPosted 1/6/2013 11:40:17 AM
ZeroFrog posted...
DorotimusWitik posted...
but the fact is that he's consistently shut down by some elf boy who can be pretty easily shut down by a small contingency of goblins if he isn't careful.

I think you mean company, and in canon this is simply not a Thing.

Ganon is hard to kill. Really really hard to kill. Not impossible, but really hard.

Goemon from Lupin the III would be able to slice even the meanest darknuts in half with a single slice, and he's just the partner of a legendary thief.

The same Goemon who can damage diamonds and cut a airliner in half? This is your comparison? Are you going to try and next bring in someone like Samurai Jack and say that "well since Link has never fell out of orbit like Jack obviously he isn't powerful"?

Whooo, it can banish evil for like five minutes at a time.

When?

Your arguing is clearly just fanboyish nonsense. Link is just waaaaay low on the powerscale when it comes to the abilities of fictional characters. Early Spiderman would kick his ass, and early Spiderman is about as weak as they come in Marvel.

In fact, I'm pretty sure a mouse guard (just a generic one) could do him in.
#77Enemy_AC130Posted 1/6/2013 11:41:04 AM
Ness.

Rolling HP bar.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nv4g3m.jpg
#78chiycheesewolfPosted 1/6/2013 11:58:44 AM
What the hell guys. What could 99% of the cast even do to hurt Samus?

Heck, cannonically, Most of them would die instantly from one punch from Samus.

Training in 850 G's of gravity can really REALLY make someone strong.

I mean, If you trip and fall in 2-3 G's of gravity your almost guarenteed to die, Yet Samus can scale cliffs in one jump and outrun plasma shots in 850 G's... without the suit.

Think logically, she is going to be near indestructable in comparasin to everyone else's durabilities.
#79victinivcreate1Posted 1/6/2013 12:06:23 PM
chiycheesewolf posted...

I mean, If you trip and fall in 2-3 G's of gravity your almost guarenteed to die, Yet Samus can scale cliffs in one jump and outrun plasma shots in 850 G's... without the suit.

Think logically, she is going to be near indestructable in comparasin to everyone else's durabilities.

Mewtwo could easily take her on. All he has to use is 850.00000000000001 G's of Gravity to kill her.
Speed wise-Mewtwo has base 130 speed. Can outrun any half breed like ZSS
For Samus in the suit- Uses Thunderbolt and electrocutes her. 2HKO
Power-Mewtwo boasts 110 atk and 154 sp. atk. ]

All in all, MEWTWO WINS
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and Ryu Hayabusa for SSB4
#80chiycheesewolfPosted 1/6/2013 12:18:13 PM
victinivcreate1 posted...
chiycheesewolf posted...

Mewtwo could easily take her on. All he has to use is 850.00000000000001 G's of Gravity to kill her.
Speed wise-Mewtwo has base 130 speed. Can outrun any half breed like ZSS
For Samus in the suit- Uses Thunderbolt and electrocutes her. 2HKO
Power-Mewtwo boasts 110 atk and 154 sp. atk. ]

All in all, MEWTWO WINS

Gravity suit causes her to ignore all gravity changes.
Base 130? You realize thats just a video game stat.

Samus has been calc'd to be able to outrun lightning, which moves at about 300 Mach. Basically, 300 times the speed of sound simple due to her super human abilities and speed boosters.
I mean, C'mon. She can move hypersonic speeds (Mach 5-10) already with all of her equipment in 850 G's of gravity.