So how does Pokemon Gen 6 affect this Smash 4?

#1DecaprePosted 1/11/2013 10:35:37 PM
Seriously? I would like answers....
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#2Doug314Posted 1/11/2013 10:47:19 PM
Here's how: We'll get a 6th gen rep whereas before a bunch of people were mistaken into thinking there'd be a 5th gen rep.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#3EarthLord_CJPosted 1/11/2013 11:20:18 PM
I'm surprised that there wasn't a specific "mascot" Pokemon revealed alongside X and Y, compared to Lucario and Zoroark, who were apparently the first ones revealed from their respective generations.
I wouldn't be surprised, however, to see Pokemon Trainer with a new look and Pokemon to match the new starters we've seen so far.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#4Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 1/11/2013 11:42:20 PM
EarthLord_CJ posted...
I'm surprised that there wasn't a specific "mascot" Pokemon revealed alongside X and Y, compared to Lucario and Zoroark, who were apparently the first ones revealed from their respective generations.
I wouldn't be surprised, however, to see Pokemon Trainer with a new look and Pokemon to match the new starters we've seen so far.

The first Pokemon revealed from Gen. 4 was Munchlax. Lucario was later.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#5sterlingtygerPosted 1/11/2013 11:58:12 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
EarthLord_CJ posted...

Actually, as I recall, Bonsly and Munchlax were revealed simultaneously, within Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.
I might be wrong about that though.
#6SmashBro25Posted 1/12/2013 12:11:07 AM
I think that, regardless, we will get one new Pokemon character in addition to the 4 (or 6) existing ones. If Gen 6 contains a Pokemon which lends itself well to Smash and is primed for high popularity (like Lucario), it will be included. Say Gen 6 was not revealed in time for Smash, I don't think Zoroark met these qualifications, in my own opinion. The other option is that Mewtwo could be brought back. Potentially, we can get both (Mewtwo and a Gen 6 Pokemon), but that's wishful thinking on my part.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#7bestssbbfanPosted 1/12/2013 12:14:06 AM
SmashBro25 posted...
I think that, regardless, we will get one new Pokemon character in addition to the 4 (or 6) existing ones. If Gen 6 contains a Pokemon which lends itself well to Smash and is primed for high popularity (like Lucario), it will be included. Say Gen 6 was not revealed in time for Smash, I don't think Zoroark met these qualifications, in my own opinion. The other option is that Mewtwo could be brought back. Potentially, we can get both (Mewtwo and a Gen 6 Pokemon), but that's wishful thinking on my part.

---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#8EarthLord_CJPosted 1/12/2013 1:10:03 AM
EarthLord_CJ posted...

I stand corrected, then.
I am curious as to what the big Gen 6 mascot will be, though. Might be another bi-pedal humanoid dog creature again, but I'm kinda hoping not. >.>
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#9Ari917Posted 1/12/2013 1:25:20 AM(edited)
sterlingtyger posted...
EarthLord_CJ posted...

Actually, as I recall, Bonsly and Munchlax were revealed simultaneously, within Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.
I might be wrong about that though.

Actually how it went was Munchlax was introduced first in Deoxy's movie, then Lucario was revealed for his movie in corocoro followed closely by Weavile, Bonsly and Mime Jr a couple months later for the same movie. XD came out after it.

For Gen 6, I think I'm going to wait and see. One of the problems with gen 5 getting representation was that there were no standout pokemon for it that could be in Smash (it did have popular pokes like Haxorus, the duo legendaries and Chandelure, but none of them would really be considered for playable status) and the same could happen for this gen. Hopefully though, if there's a mascot, it'll be unique and popular to warrant its inclusion.