Will this game SAVE the Wii U?

#41Traptin3daysPosted 1/15/2013 10:35:57 AM
I think it's too pessimistic and too early to think that the Wii U is soon doomed. Yes, the games are lacklusters right now (I myself only find 3 games looking interesting), but we kinda know that a lot of software is coming out in the future.

Let's say you have money to buy a new console and some games. Will you buy the newest and most expensive console on the market Wii U which have a tiny library, or a cheap console with a much bigger library with cheaper price?

Or, if you have a for an example PS3 and you have some spare money. Will you buy some games on your PS3 or will you buy a new console with fewer games which is more expensive?

Basically, give the Wii U some time. Chill, seriously
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#42dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:54:02 PM
iKhanic posted...
dedekong posted...
iKhanic posted...
You can't save somethin that aint hurt.

The Wii U was in shorter supply over the holiday season than the other consoles were. It also has a smaller library, and a higher price tag than other consoles.

You also have to remember that the Kinect and Move are both fairly new compared to the consoles they work for, so several families are only pulling the trigger now with the lower price.

The Wii U is clearly not doing as well as the Wii, but you can't really blame it for that, as the Wii was one of the most successful consoles of all time.

Lets put it this way, the lowest model Wii U is at the same price the XBOX 360 was launched at, and still has a better launch.

Where is your proof there was a short supply?

Move and Kinect are non factors, and show little to no impact anymore.

Every launch has short supply initially. People love to talk about how the XBOX 360 outsold the Wii U on Black Friday. It was incredibly difficult to find a Wii U on black friday though, so thats really not a decent measure.

Black Friday was in November. Xbox also outsold the Wii U in December.
#43dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:55:12 PM
Traptin3days posted...
I think it's too pessimistic and too early to think that the Wii U is soon doomed. Yes, the games are lacklusters right now (I myself only find 3 games looking interesting), but we kinda know that a lot of software is coming out in the future.

Let's say you have money to buy a new console and some games. Will you buy the newest and most expensive console on the market Wii U which have a tiny library, or a cheap console with a much bigger library with cheaper price?

Or, if you have a for an example PS3 and you have some spare money. Will you buy some games on your PS3 or will you buy a new console with fewer games which is more expensive?

Basically, give the Wii U some time. Chill, seriously

So you believe that something else will save the wii u?
#44alien803Posted 1/15/2013 1:36:56 PM
Why is save in caps?
---
Godzilla!
#45Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 1/15/2013 1:50:49 PM
Wii U sucks right now to me. I would get one just for Rayman and Injustice: Gods Among Us though,
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#46dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 5:03:42 PM
alien803 posted...
Why is save in caps?

Emphasis.

Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Wii U sucks right now to me. I would get one just for Rayman and Injustice: Gods Among Us though,

Rayman looks interesting, but Injustice: Gods Among Us will be terrible.
#47SpunkySixPosted 1/15/2013 6:10:17 PM
How is the U failing? They only need to sell one game to make it profitable... or do you mean failing in number of units sold?

Either way Nintendo is fine, but it's sad to see how hard the U flopped so far. You'd think that they'd have learned when the 3DS had basically no launch titles that maybe they should have some other than NSMBU and NL.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
You think you're bad, don'tcha?
#48Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 1/15/2013 6:11:57 PM
The 3DS is to me 1000.0000 times better than the Wii U right now.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.