The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obscure characters?

#1evilvergilPosted 1/15/2013 11:57:08 AM
Idk if anyone has brought this up in a different topic(new to these boards), but anyone think This game needs more obscure characters to spice up the roster instead of using other characters from IPS already in smash? Here are some id personally like to see:

1.Little mac(punchout):im suprised he wasnt playable in brawl tbh. I imagine him having a playstyle similiar to dudley from SF.

2.Ayumi Tachibana(Famicom tantei club): yea she isnt a fighter but i could see nintendo creating a moveset similiar to how capcom did for Phoenix Wright in Marvel 3, which makes her a unique and quirky character.

3.Takamaru(Nazo no murasamejo):Samurai character, nuff said.

4.Saki(Sin and punishment):Another character who should have been playable in brawl imo.

5.Isaac(Golden Sun):same as saki and little mac.

6.Prince of sable aka Sabure prince(For the frog the bells toll):pretty interesting character, his ability to transform into different animals is pretty cool.

7.Stafy or Starfy in the us(Densetsu no Stafy):Seriously this character needs more love.

So what obscure characters would you all like to see? Thoughts and opinions are welcome.
#2SalsaSavantPosted 1/15/2013 12:05:47 PM(edited)
Mac, and Takamaru are two of the most popular characters on this board, and in general. Mac is a bit obscure in Japan, but well known and loved in the rest of the world

Saki and Issac also get a lot of love.

I for some reason have a soft spot for the Marvelous Bunch from Marvelous: Another Treasure Island. Never played the game, but there's something about them I just like.

Froy and Freia seem like they'd be cool too, but there game got average reviews, so I'm counting on an Assist Trophy at best.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#3Doug314Posted 1/15/2013 12:07:45 PM
Little Mac and Isaac are no way obscure characters. Saki and Takamaru are also talked about quite a bit. Some good choices otherwise though.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#4evilvergil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:15:14 PM
Doug314 posted...
Little Mac and Isaac are no way obscure characters. Saki and Takamaru are also talked about quite a bit. Some good choices otherwise though.

Compared to the other Nintendo characters, yes they are obscure, not as much as Ayumi or The prince but still relatively obscure. They are fan favorites though, so ill give em that.
#5SalsaSavantPosted 1/15/2013 12:17:02 PM
Doug314 posted...

To us? No, they're not.
To the general public? Maybe not Mac,. but the rest sure are.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#6Dustof_DryBonesPosted 1/15/2013 12:17:59 PM
I'm not sure what constitutes an obscure character, but I, and many others, would like to see Shulk from Xenoblade in this game.

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Shulk
---
Ahoy, matey!
#7evilvergil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:31:45 PM
Also some others i forgot:

Andy(Advance wars):His moveset could consist of using different weaponry, sort of like Snake in brawl.

Hikari and Donbe(Shin onigashima): they could be similiar to the ice climbers, only difference that the player controls Donbe who uses Physical and melee attacks while Hikari provides support.some special moves could consist of summoning their animal friends like Ringo, matsunosuke, ohana etc.

Ruka Minazuki(Fatal frame 4): same as Ayumi, aswell as possibly incorporating the camera obscura, spirit flashlight etc in her moveset. Also Nintendo now owns a good portion of the series. Plus who wouldnt want to hear Mamiko Noto reprise her role as this character?
#8bestssbbfanPosted 1/15/2013 1:23:51 PM(edited)
Mac, Takamaru, Saki, Isaac, Andy, Starfy, and BaloonFighter despite how unlikley the last one is .

Dustof_DryBones posted...
I'm not sure what constitutes an obscure character, but I, and many others, would like to see Shulk from Xenoblade in this game.

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Shulk

Shulk's not exactly obscure, while he isnt as well known as some other characters, hes more well known the the above (bar mac who really isnt all that obscure himself). Also note smash previously brought Ness (and Lucas, at least outside of japan), captain falcon, Ice climbers, Game and watch, pit, and rob all out of obscurity.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#9PlasmaCannonPosted 1/15/2013 1:26:50 PM
Lip (Panel de Pon).
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#10MaetchPosted 1/15/2013 1:46:53 PM
Mike Jones from StarTropics is about as obscure as characters gets. Nintendo doesn't even know he exists, likely because both of his games were never made or released in Japan.