This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Very Different Sort Of Smash

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. A Very Different Sort Of Smash
4 years ago#1
This is the roster:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8697/thirdparty.png

I know this will get a lot of hate, but what if the series took a very different turn and gave us a flood of third party characters? What if Square, Capcom, Namco, etc. all provided a few of the characters, resulting in a line-up unlike anything we've ever seen?

I'm thinking solely of sales success. Surely expanding the audience requires bringing in fnrachises we've never considered before. Would you play a game with a roster like this?
No matter what you think of me, this will always be worse:
www.youtube.com/fritz0x3
4 years ago#2
First of all: The licensing required for that would be biblical.

Secondly, if you want a game with characters from all over gaming, just ditch the whole Smash Bros. label and make it its own game, with equal representation all around. That roster is basically a big gaming crossover (which is awesome!) with an awkward, undue weight towards Nintendo (which is dumb). Go big or go home.
FOR CHRlST'S SAKE WHY IS IT SO HARD TO THINK OF A GOOD SIG
4 years ago#3
Missing_My_Head posted...
First of all: The licensing required for that would be biblical.

Secondly, if you want a game with characters from all over gaming, just ditch the whole Smash Bros. label and make it its own game, with equal representation all around. That roster is basically a big gaming crossover (which is awesome!) with an awkward, undue weight towards Nintendo (which is dumb). Go big or go home.

That's a good point. Part of me considered that, but Nintendo would basically only be willing to play ball with they were the dominant force in the game. I figured that would mean a continuation of Smash with a half-Nintendo roster.

I would, however, prefer to cut a significant number of Nintendo characters. Likely these would include Ness, Mr. G&W, Mewtwo, Isaac, and others.
No matter what you think of me, this will always be worse:
www.youtube.com/fritz0x3
4 years ago#4
I won't play that game if this was the roster. You put in all the characters I hate, although I can understand why some people want this.
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
4 years ago#5
Ouch absolutely not this isn't ultimate fighting smash it's Nintendo smash and thus it should stay that way. Good thing this'll never happen.
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
4 years ago#6
Bomberman? Earthworm Jim? Rayman? Spyro? Pacman? Crash Bandicoot? Megaman? Zero? Banjo? Sora? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
4 years ago#7
Half the roster is third party, and not a single indie character gets in? When they would probably be the EASIEST to convince to have their character in Smash Bros.?

*flips table*
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
4 years ago#8
Is there Shulk? (sees no Shulk) I hate it. Thank god this isn't real.
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
4 years ago#9
Astronomical failure for Cloud and Spehiroth.
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. A Very Different Sort Of Smash

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived