A Very Different Sort Of Smash

#1scarletspeed7Posted 1/16/2013 12:57:33 PM
This is the roster:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8697/thirdparty.png

I know this will get a lot of hate, but what if the series took a very different turn and gave us a flood of third party characters? What if Square, Capcom, Namco, etc. all provided a few of the characters, resulting in a line-up unlike anything we've ever seen?

I'm thinking solely of sales success. Surely expanding the audience requires bringing in fnrachises we've never considered before. Would you play a game with a roster like this?
---
No matter what you think of me, this will always be worse:
www.youtube.com/fritz0x3
#2Missing_My_HeadPosted 1/16/2013 1:01:08 PM
First of all: The licensing required for that would be biblical.

Secondly, if you want a game with characters from all over gaming, just ditch the whole Smash Bros. label and make it its own game, with equal representation all around. That roster is basically a big gaming crossover (which is awesome!) with an awkward, undue weight towards Nintendo (which is dumb). Go big or go home.
---
FOR CHRlST'S SAKE WHY IS IT SO HARD TO THINK OF A GOOD SIG
#3scarletspeed7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 1:06:43 PM
Missing_My_Head posted...
First of all: The licensing required for that would be biblical.

Secondly, if you want a game with characters from all over gaming, just ditch the whole Smash Bros. label and make it its own game, with equal representation all around. That roster is basically a big gaming crossover (which is awesome!) with an awkward, undue weight towards Nintendo (which is dumb). Go big or go home.

That's a good point. Part of me considered that, but Nintendo would basically only be willing to play ball with they were the dominant force in the game. I figured that would mean a continuation of Smash with a half-Nintendo roster.

I would, however, prefer to cut a significant number of Nintendo characters. Likely these would include Ness, Mr. G&W, Mewtwo, Isaac, and others.
---
No matter what you think of me, this will always be worse:
www.youtube.com/fritz0x3
#4alpha-apePosted 1/16/2013 1:07:18 PM
I won't play that game if this was the roster. You put in all the characters I hate, although I can understand why some people want this.
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#5Doug314Posted 1/16/2013 6:40:15 PM
Ouch absolutely not this isn't ultimate fighting smash it's Nintendo smash and thus it should stay that way. Good thing this'll never happen.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#6TrueKirbyPosted 1/16/2013 6:45:47 PM
Bomberman? Earthworm Jim? Rayman? Spyro? Pacman? Crash Bandicoot? Megaman? Zero? Banjo? Sora? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
#7COlimar788Posted 1/16/2013 6:56:06 PM
Half the roster is third party, and not a single indie character gets in? When they would probably be the EASIEST to convince to have their character in Smash Bros.?

*flips table*
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#8tehponycornPosted 1/16/2013 7:12:52 PM
Is there Shulk? (sees no Shulk) I hate it. Thank god this isn't real.
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#9PlasmaCannonPosted 1/16/2013 7:18:56 PM
Astronomical failure for Cloud and Spehiroth.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.