This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Roster Prediction! (Pic included)

#11Dustof_DryBonesPosted 1/16/2013 9:35:06 PM
I think 49 characters is quite a bit too steep. Realistically, you should probably cut a minimum of six characters....
---
Ahoy, matey!
#12LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/16/2013 9:46:39 PM
Keep Bowser Jr. and don't add Waluigi.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#13albertojz356Posted 1/16/2013 9:59:41 PM
What about Palutena?
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#14LittlejefferyPosted 1/16/2013 10:01:47 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
Keep Waluigi and don't add Bowser Jr.

Fix'd
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#15SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:03:58 PM
Addressing a number of comments in no specific order:

-While I think the concept of a Majora's Mask Young Link is awesome and would be fun to play as, his lack of appearance in over a decade combined with Toon Link's regular appearances as of late I feel give a large edge to Toon Link. Plus, Toon Link has potential for a unique moveset as well.

-Regarding a 6th Gen Rep, I do address that in my first note in my initial post, please look there for more information.

-I am absolutely keeping Bowser Jr. over Waluigi. While Waluigi could be a decent character, he seems to be really defined by his status as a spin-off sidekick, so I feel that there are even other Mario characters including Paper Mario and Toad who would and should get in over him.

-I think 14 new characters, while maybe not the most realistic number, is certainly reasonable. There were 14 newcomers in Melee (although clones have to be taken into account). We had 18 new characters in Brawl, and even if you don't count Toon Link, that's 17 completely unique characters. At the very least, I think 10-12 newcomers is feasible.

-Mii is an interesting choice, but I feel its inclusion would warrant a significant amount of customization in some form. I think it is certainly likely, but it could also change the dynamic of the entire roster, so I chose to leave Mii's out for now.

-While Kid Icarus has seen a good revival with Brawl and Uprising, I really don't think another rep is necessary. Sakurai himself said he wouldn't be revisiting Kid Icarus anytime soon after Uprising, and doesn't expect a sequel from another developer soon either. Like F-Zero, I think KI is perfectly fine with one rep.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#16LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/16/2013 10:04:45 PM
Littlejeffery posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Keep Waluigi as an Assist Trophy and keep Bowser Jr. as a playable character.

Fix'd

Thanks.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#17albertojz356Posted 1/16/2013 10:49:03 PM
SmashBro25 posted...

-While Kid Icarus has seen a good revival with Brawl and Uprising, I really don't think another rep is necessary. Sakurai himself said he wouldn't be revisiting Kid Icarus anytime soon after Uprising, and doesn't expect a sequel from another developer soon either. Like F-Zero, I think KI is perfectly fine with one rep.

If you're excluding a newcomer for KI because apparently Sakurai doesn't expect a sequel will happen soon. Then why are you including Ghirahim? The same thing applies to him, it probably applies much more to him than Palutena. He could just be one of those primary characters that had a one time appearance and never came back. Like those before him: Zant, Midna, Marin, Bellum, Veran, etc.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#18LittlejefferyPosted 1/16/2013 11:13:54 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
Littlejeffery posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Keep Bowser Jr.i as an Assist Trophy and keep Waluigi as a playable character.

Fix'd

Thanks.

TEE HEE =D
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#19Someguy_13Posted 1/16/2013 11:31:05 PM
I don't think Ray or Balloon Fighter are particularly likely and I think there are better choices you could have made for both those slots.

That said, you're only missing 1 of my top 4 wanted newcommers so I couldn't really complain if this was the final roster.
If you dropped Ray for Palutena it would be pretty much perfect.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#20SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:25:56 AM(edited)
albertojz356 posted...
SmashBro25 posted...

If you're excluding a newcomer for KI because apparently Sakurai doesn't expect a sequel will happen soon. Then why are you including Ghirahim? The same thing applies to him, it probably applies much more to him than Palutena. He could just be one of those primary characters that had a one time appearance and never came back. Like those before him: Zant, Midna, Marin, Bellum, Veran, etc.

The difference is that unlike KI, Zelda is a long running and frequently recurring series, so it is a logical choice for a newcomer (as with other top series such as Mario and Pokemon). Just because Ghirahim may not appear again does not horribly diminish his chances, due to the series he comes from. Also, his design and ability set lend themselves much more to Smash Bros. than Zant, Midna, or the others you listed.

It's not just that KI won't be getting another game anytime soon, it's that Pit belonged to a retro series to begin with, only "un-retroed" by Uprising. Still, I feel Pit represents this series perfectly fine on his own, and there are plenty of other characters I didn't include that I would want to play as above Palutena, who again, I just feel would be an unnecessary addition when there are major series that could use another rep or new series waiting to be included.

Someguy_13 posted...
I don't think Ray or Balloon Fighter are particularly likely and I think there are better choices you could have made for both those slots.

That said, you're only missing 1 of my top 4 wanted newcommers so I couldn't really complain if this was the final roster.
If you dropped Ray for Palutena it would be pretty much perfect.

As I mentioned in my notes, while I am not confident on Ray's chances, I feel his slot should only be given up for a "new series" character such as Dillon or Shulk (who I've included, but just as an example). Given his recent lack of appearances, I find this likely, but with any number of new franchises that could pop up between now and SSB4, I can't predict it.

I personally feel Balloon Fighter could be a great addition to the Retro cast. Sakurai already proved he could be very innovative with Olimar, so if they wanted to include him, I think they could incorporate his unique abilities. See above for my thoughts on Palutena.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground