This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Roster Prediction! (Pic included)

#21tehponycornPosted 1/17/2013 6:25:26 AM
meh, ray and balloon fight guy aren't very great choices. The retro spot is going to takamaru and ray is to small. add in palutena and it's perfect. 7/10
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#22SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 8:32:20 AM
tehponycorn posted...
meh, ray and balloon fight guy aren't very great choices. The retro spot is going to takamaru and ray is to small. add in palutena and it's perfect. 7/10

-Takamaru is included.
-Ray's size is irrelevant, he can easily be scaled up as Olimar was. Again, however, please read my ** regarding Ray.
-Read my earlier post regarding Palutena.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#23UberPyro64Posted 1/17/2013 9:07:11 AM(edited)
Yeah no.

Palutena is getting in. She is incredibly popular and Sakurai contently mentions her on his twitter. I'm not even kidding.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#24RanzEDGEPosted 1/17/2013 9:15:17 AM
UberPyro64 posted...
Yeah no.

Palutena is getting in. She is incredibly popular and Sakurai contently mentions her on his twitter. I'm not even kidding.

Just becuase sakurai twits about palutena dosent mean she'll be in.
---
"We are not small you are just to big can you not see this!?" ~TheDenpamen
#25UberPyro64Posted 1/17/2013 9:16:32 AM
RanzEDGE posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
Yeah no.

That's true. Still incredibly popular and requested though.
---
#26SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 9:21:03 AM
UberPyro64 posted...
RanzEDGE posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
Yeah no.

I have barely seen her requested. I have, in fact, seen her highly speculated not so much because people want her but because they feel Sakurai having developed Uprising is a big indicator of a new Kid Icarus rep. It's less demand than acceptance of what people see as inevitable, from what I've seen.

With that being the reason, I disagree about her inclusion. Her role in the games is much less like Peach and Zelda and more akin to Rosalina, who has made appearances in at least as many games as exist in the Kid Icarus series, and I don't think she should be playable either. Just like F-Zero, I feel Kid Icarus is perfectly fine with one representative.
---
#27UberPyro64Posted 1/17/2013 9:51:01 AM
SmashBro25 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
RanzEDGE posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
Yeah no.

I have barely seen her requested. I have, in fact, seen her highly speculated not so much because people want her but because they feel Sakurai having developed Uprising is a big indicator of a new Kid Icarus rep. It's less demand than acceptance of what people see as inevitable, from what I've seen.

With that being the reason, I disagree about her inclusion. Her role in the games is much less like Peach and Zelda and more akin to Rosalina, who has made appearances in at least as many games as exist in the Kid Icarus series, and I don't think she should be playable either. Just like F-Zero, I feel Kid Icarus is perfectly fine with one representative.

On Japanese message boards she is easily one of the most requested with Shulk, King K. Rool and Mega Man. Though not as much as Mewtwo or Roy are lol.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/64873505
---
#28albertojz356Posted 1/17/2013 3:02:44 PM
SmashBro25 posted...

The difference is that unlike KI, Zelda is a long running and frequently recurring series, so it is a logical choice for a newcomer (as with other top series such as Mario and Pokemon). Just because Ghirahim may not appear again does not horribly diminish his chances, due to the series he comes from. Also, his design and ability set lend themselves much more to Smash Bros. than Zant, Midna, or the others you listed.

It's not just that KI won't be getting another game anytime soon, it's that Pit belonged to a retro series to begin with, only "un-retroed" by Uprising. Still, I feel Pit represents this series perfectly fine on his own, and there are plenty of other characters I didn't include that I would want to play as above Palutena, who again, I just feel would be an unnecessary addition when there are major series that could use another rep or new series waiting to be included.

In Skyward Sword Ghirahim is the equivalent of Zant and Twinrova. He also does not have design or ability lead over Zant or some of the others I listed because like Ghirahim they have the ability to fight as well. Ghirahim's popularity is also no guarantee either because well just look at Midna's example during Brawl. Also unlike Palutena, Ghirahim has no importance lead over many other Zelda characters. Impa, Twinrova and Vaati for example are recurring lead characters that are much more important in the timeline. As of now he's just a one time character and the "might not appear again" rule you made up fits him a lot more to him than it does to a KI newcomer.

As for your second reason for excluding a KI newcomer to give other series newcomers is any excuse then the same applies to many other of your newcomers. The current four/five Zelda characters can wholly represent the series. Same applies for the Mario roster, DK roster, and Metroid roster all these newcomers can be excluded to represent different series. If representing other major series were the main focus Isaac, Starfy, and some of the others would have made it in Brawl over many of the newcomers like Lucas or Wolf whose series had already "full" representation. Lastly like you said Kid Icarus was un-retrofied so it's perfectly eligible to receive a newcomer. Mother series had a 10 year gap between Earthbound and Mother 3 similarly Kid Icarus had an 11 year gap between Myth's & Monster's and Uprising so Palutena is perfectly eligible as much as Lucas was at least.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#29SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:57:42 PM
albertojz356 posted...

As for your second reason for excluding a KI newcomer to give other series newcomers is any excuse then the same applies to many other of your newcomers. The current four/five Zelda characters can wholly represent the series. Same applies for the Mario roster, DK roster, and Metroid roster all these newcomers can be excluded to represent different series. If representing other major series were the main focus Isaac, Starfy, and some of the others would have made it in Brawl over many of the newcomers like Lucas or Wolf whose series had already "full" representation. Lastly like you said Kid Icarus was un-retrofied so it's perfectly eligible to receive a newcomer. Mother series had a 10 year gap between Earthbound and Mother 3 similarly Kid Icarus had an 11 year gap between Myth's & Monster's and Uprising so Palutena is perfectly eligible as much as Lucas was at least.

The problem is you are directly comparing the legitimacy and popularity of Kid Icarus to Mario, DK, Metroid, and Zelda, so your idea to cut their newcomers instead of Palutena for new series' characters doesn't hold up terribly well.

I'm not simply looking at Kid Icarus as a series but also Palutena's role within it: she is simply a supporting character. A major one, of course, but still supporting. Ness and Lucas were the lead characters in each of their games. Pit is the only lead character in the Kid Icarus games.

And then I again compare Kid Icarus as a series to other, perhaps more comparable series, non-retro series that don't have a whole lot or frequent amount of games. Pikmin 3 is coming soon, but Olimar has consistently headlined that franchise (he will be in 3 in a not yet revealed role). It's certainly a "smaller" franchise in the same vein as Kid Icarus. I don't feel that Louie or the President would add anything, Olimar himself is perfectly fine to represent it. Same goes for F-Zero to an extent- Captain Falcon has always been the lead character, and although there are plenty of interesting other characters, none have such extreme importance to the F-Zero series as Falcon nor does the F-Zero series itself have such importance to Nintendo to warrant a second spot. I feel Kid Icarus is the same way- Pit is the complete centerpiece of a similarly smaller franchise, and given how many other franchises in Smash (Mario, DK, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokemon, at least) absolutely dwarf it in importance/popularity don't warrant it to have a second rep, especially when that rep will not be a player character from the games (as Pit is the only one) and merely a supporting one.

PS- In regards to your Zelda point, I do actually prefer Vaati over Ghirahim, but I feel the former's lack of recent appearances hinder his chances. I do think there will be a unique Zelda newcomer, however, so I added Ghirahim.
---
#30Shadow_Roxas_Posted 1/17/2013 7:04:40 PM
Nailed it, 10/10

I think itll be Paper Mario over Bowser Jr., but thats not a big enough thing to deduct points. I would be pumped for this.
---
Banjo Kazooie For Smash!