This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm calling it now, we won't get a Gen 5 or 6 pokemon rep.

#1alien803Posted 1/16/2013 10:28:50 PM
As it stands, it's almost unthinkable Sakurai won't include Mewtwo in the next game. This is because:

A: He planned to put Mewtwo in Brawl, but couldn't because of time and maybe some other reasons

B: Mewtwo is one of the most requested characters for SSB4

I also doubt he will cut Lucario, because, as of now, the only non-clone character Sakurai has cut he cut because of time. I really doubt he would cut a non-clone character. This reasoning applies to all other pokemon in Brawl as well.

So, we now have five Pokemon characters. There is simply no room for another one.
---
Godzilla!
#2liveman789Posted 1/16/2013 10:33:01 PM
We know nothing of the randomness of Sakurai's mind.
#3PaulMalucciMDPosted 1/16/2013 10:42:27 PM
I see two possibilities for Pokemon

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT
Gen 6

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Gen 6

I'd prefer the 2nd one.
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#4LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/16/2013 10:43:19 PM
I really doubt that they'll let Sakurai get away with not adding a 6th Gen Pokemon as a playable character.

alien803 posted...
So, we now have five Pokemon characters. There is simply no room for another one.

Brawl gave us 6 playable Pokemon, if you include transformations (there isn't really much of a reason not to). However, there were a total of 8 playable Pokemon planned (2 of which were apart of the Forbidden Seven). I don't think it's that unlikely for us to get 2 Pokemon newcomers, especially with how Pokemon has been represented in the past.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#5Someguy_13Posted 1/16/2013 10:44:27 PM
PaulMalucciMD posted...
I see two possibilities for Pokemon

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT
Gen 6

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Gen 6

I'd prefer the 2nd one.

They wouldn't cut Pokemon Trainer. Red is the best possible rep for the series.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#6alien803(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:46:25 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
I really doubt that they'll let Sakurai get away with not adding a 6th Gen Pokemon as a playable character.

alien803 posted...

Brawl gave us 6 playable Pokemon, if you include transformations (there isn't really much of a reason not to). However, there were a total of 8 playable Pokemon planned (2 of which were apart of the Forbidden Seven). I don't think it's that unlikely for us to get 2 Pokemon newcomers, especially with how Pokemon has been represented in the past.

Jesus christ, six pokemon slots with eight playable characters?!
---
Godzilla!
#7LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/16/2013 10:51:23 PM(edited)
alien803 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...

alien803 posted...

Jesus christ, six pokemon slots with eight playable characters?!

If there were no Pokemon cuts, Mewtwo returns, and we get a Gen 6 rep, then yes, this will be the case.

Personally, I don't see much of a problem with that. Pokemon is one of the biggest video game series of all time, so it's not like a huge amount of playable characters is unwarranted.

If we get DLC characters, then this should be less of an issue.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#8wesker741Posted 1/16/2013 11:04:22 PM
Why do people want Mewtwo to return? He was god-awful in Melee. Lucario plays much better.
---
"Do not fear the AI director, for Coach, Louis, and the Holy Chocolate protect all who believe in them."
Pills 2:17
#9bestssbbfanPosted 1/16/2013 11:08:28 PM(edited)
wesker741 posted...
Why do people want Mewtwo to return? He was god-awful in Melee. Lucario plays much better.

What about those of use who just liked playing as our favorite characters and didn't give a rattata's *** about who played how well. What's next must ganon be cut too?

LOLOLOLOLGANNORDERF PLAYES BAD SAKUARIEEE KIL HIM PLXPLXPLXPLX
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#10itsmeaustinPosted 1/16/2013 11:09:57 PM

ah yes

if he was bad in melee, that must mean that he will be **** in smash 4
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk