This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Characters you would HATE to get in, but can't deny their high chances

#31harvestmoonmikePosted 1/17/2013 5:54:08 PM
I'd want less of that, Sakurai said the same thing post-Melee as well. Less Japanese-only characters, specifically the obscure ones... And up until Nintendoland, I'd say Takamaru was a very obscure Japanese-only character, and Sakurai himself said he wouldn't consider adding him in as a playable character until he at least got a new game (which he still hasn't), but I'd say Nintendoland is enough to make Takamaru more recognizable, internationally as well.

Thing is, Sakurai wasn't even thinking about markets outside of Japan when he made Melee, he's much more conscious about it now. And even in Brawl, he only added in Lucas because he had him planned since Melee, it's just Mother 3 hadn't released yet... And I'd also say it gets a go because the Mother franchise is already established in Smash.

I'm not really a fan of Fire Emblem as is, but at least Fire Emblem has multiple games ever since its debut on the Famicom, so even when it was Japanese-Only, it still had a lot of history and importance with Nintendo... Takamaru doesn't have that quite as much... But his more recent appearances, especially Nintendoland, raises his chances, I feel.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#32KCJ5062Posted 1/17/2013 6:24:35 PM
Waluigi.

bloodmage3 posted...
SSBR10 posted...
BurnumMaster posted...
Little Mac and Takamaru or whatever that idiots name is.

...I really don't get this. What's with the hate?

eellliioottt posted...
His games and the character himself don't appeal to me

Have you played the Punch-Out!! games?

I have played the Wii version. Not only is Little Mac a boring and generic character, he was also the only boring and generic character. Everybody else was entertaining and unique, both in looks and moves. He didn't really stand out to me, and I don't really know why so many people support him over, say, King Hippo. Sure he's not the main character but he's so much more fun.

You just answered your own question. They're not gonna put in another character from a franchise and not the main character himself.

I can see King Hippo being a boss though.
#33Kratos_Aurion75Posted 1/17/2013 6:31:23 PM
Hate Miis
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#34a_fartn_SpartanPosted 1/17/2013 6:50:20 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Luckily, none.

this

Krystal and Lip are the only ones I really hate, but I highly doubt we get another Star Fox rep (and there's no way she's replacing a veteran both in Smash and in SF canon), and Lip has to compete with the 7 or so other retro possibilities and Takamaru is practically guaranteed. Neither seems very likely to me.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#35OblivionEssencePosted 1/17/2013 7:04:33 PM
The only problem I have with Little Mac is that, yeah, he is generic as hell. They'll have to make some major deviations to what little powers he has to make him interesting to me.

But I don't hate him. <_<
---
"Roy WILL be in SSBB." - OblivionEssence 8/18/06 | Week: 0
http://i44.tinypic.com/mr7pqt.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/2nvflp3.gif
#36PlasmaCannonPosted 1/17/2013 7:08:00 PM
Tribe Fan posted...
How in the heck does one hate Little Mac? I could understand being disinterested if you've never played a Punch-Out game, but hate? I don't get it...

Not that difficult to hate a generic boxer or his sub par games.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#3722whiterabbit22Posted 1/17/2013 7:49:16 PM
Pac Man. He's so generic... He's make a great assist trophy, though.

I'd rather have a Tales character playable.
---
Got Eggplant?
#38SSBR10Posted 1/17/2013 8:02:17 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...

Games are awesome, not "sub par". Plus, I never got the whole "generic" hating thing.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#39PlasmaCannonPosted 1/17/2013 8:19:54 PM
SSBR10 posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...

Games are awesome, not "sub par". Plus, I never got the whole "generic" hating thing.

Maybe awesome to you but not to me.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#40AwesomeAshleyPosted 1/17/2013 8:21:08 PM
A Wario character that isn't me.
---
You better be afraid of the great Ashley!