The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There are only three exciting additions left to the roster.

#1SP_WesPosted 1/17/2013 9:19:48 AM
K. Rool
Little Mac
Ridley

Beyond the above three, there seems to be no real excitement or star power behind any additional Nintendo reps. Some new reps will please very specific fans (Waluigi, Lip, Takamura) but not with the same appeal that Meta Knight, Wario, or Pit had.

This game seems more exciting when you include major additions from series like Mega Man, Castlevania, Sonic, & Pac-Man. Here's hoping that the flood gate for 3rd party reps is wide open.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison
#2Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 1/17/2013 9:33:41 AM
Mewtwo
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#3MottmanPosted 1/17/2013 9:35:20 AM
Exactly what is so "exciting" about an ugly lizard king that wishes he was as awesome as Bowser, and wasn't even in his own series' revival?
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
#4Elec Man EXEPosted 1/17/2013 10:21:36 AM
I can think of dozens of characters I'd be excited to see, so thats more your problem than a problem with the potential roster as a whole.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#5CAW EvolutionPosted 1/17/2013 10:29:30 AM
There are ZERO "exciting" additions left to the roster. Melee had Bowser, Peach, Zelda, and Mewtwo; Brawl had Wario, Dedede, Pokémon Trainer, Diddy Kong, and Olimar. The heavy hitters have been taken care of. K. Rool's irrelevant, Punch-Out!! never meant anything in Japan (which is what matters in this case, unfortunately), and Ridley's the second most important character from Nintendo's sixth most important franchise.
#6PlasmaCannonPosted 1/17/2013 10:32:08 AM
SP_Wes posted...
Here's hoping that the flood gate for 3rd party reps is wide open.

Get out.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#7toad133Posted 1/17/2013 11:43:42 AM
It's funny, because I remember Sakurai saying the response to Wario being in Brawl was really underwhelming, which surprised him.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#8AwesomeAshleyPosted 1/17/2013 11:53:04 AM
Mottman posted...
Exactly what is so "exciting" about an ugly lizard king that wishes he was as awesome as Bowser, and wasn't even in his own series' revival?

Help I had a sucky childhood.
---
You better be afraid of the great Ashley!
#9CamoTCPosted 1/17/2013 12:46:13 PM
I agree with almost everything in the OP, especially the request for more third party. But I wasn't around for pre-Brawl days; was Pit really considered a character with "mass appeal" at the time?
#10IngSlayerPosted 1/17/2013 4:14:27 PM
There's nothing exciting about those three.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist