This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anthony's roster again

#1DynasticAnthonyPosted 1/21/2013 5:03:11 PM(edited)
I'm not taking Waluigi off. Don't give a low score just for him.

MARIO

Mario
Luigi
Bowser (Alts: Dark Bowser)
Peach
+Waluigi

LEGEND OF ZELDA

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
+Ghirahim

KIRBY
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

POKEMON
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
++Mewtwo
+New Gen Rep

STAR FOX
Fox
Falco
Wolf

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
+King K. Rool

EARTHBOUND
Ness
Lucas

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
+Chrom

WARIO
Wario (Alt: Biker Wario)

METROID
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
+Ridley

KID ICARUS
Pit
+Palutena

YOSHI
Yoshi

PIKMIN
Captain Olimar

F-ZERO
Captain Falcon

PUNCH-OUT!!
+Little Mac

GOLDEN SUN
+Isaac

XENOBLADE
+Shulk

RETRO CHARACTERS
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
+Takamaru

3rd PARTY UNIVERSE
Sonic the Hedgehog
Solid Snake
+Pac-Man
-----------------------------
Reasonings for newcomers:

Waluigi - He's a popular character but that should be expected from the best selling series of all time. He also has a sizable fanbase and is midly requested. Only problem is that there is not high demand for a Mario character in Japan.
Ghirahim - He's still from the latest Zelda game. He's popular, and requested.
Mewtwo - Very highly requested to return. High popularity.
New Gen Rep - Mostly there due to advertising the latest gen.
King K. Rool - Highly requested and very popular so he should be no surprise.
Chrom - Requested and popular. I believe Ike will likely be cut for him.
Ridley - Very highly requested and very popular.
Palutena - Highly requested and very popular.
Little Mac - Highly requested and very popular. Recently rebooted through Punch-Out!!'s Wii title.
Isaac - Highly requested and popular.
Shulk - Highly requested and popular
Takamaru - A retro character that may be revived. Popular.
Pac-Man - One of gaming's biggest icons of all time. Namco is helping with the development and is highly requested.

Reasonings for cuts:

Toon Link - When it comes to cuts, he's the likeliest. I don't want him cut but he replaced Young Link and will likely be replaced by Ghirahim. That's just me.
Lucario - I don't want him cut but to me, he'll be replaced for the returning Mewtwo. I can't see a Gen 6 rep, Mewtwo, AND Lucario in one.
Ike - I REALLY don't want him gone but with the pattern we're seeing like: Marth + Current FE protagonist.

Marth + Roy = Melee
Marth + Ike = Brawl
Marth + Chrom = SSB4
-----------------------------
Don't vote on who you wanted to see, vote on how likely it seems.
---
Tom Nook, Waluigi, Leon S. Kennedy, Chrom, Little Mac, Frank West and King K. Rool for Smash Bros. 4!
R.I.P. HylianCyndaquil aka Holly. I'll miss ya! :(
#2MottmanPosted 1/21/2013 4:53:27 PM
I'm impressed at your level of restraint. I think it's been a whole 2-3 weeks since you re-posted your roster. ;-)

Anyway, I still love Shulk and I still hate Ghirahim, yadda yadda yadda.

By the way, your description lists Toon Link as a cut, but your roster still includes him. Which did you intend?
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
#31337starPosted 1/21/2013 4:54:29 PM
-1 for Waluigi
-1 for Ghirahim
-1 for Mewtwo
-0.5 for King K. Rool

6.5/10. Some of it is plausible, some less so.
#4DynasticAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 5:03:43 PM
Mottman posted...
I'm impressed at your level of restraint. I think it's been a whole 2-3 weeks since you re-posted your roster. ;-)

Anyway, I still love Shulk and I still hate Ghirahim, yadda yadda yadda.

By the way, your description lists Toon Link as a cut, but your roster still includes him. Which did you intend?

my bad
---
Tom Nook, Waluigi, Leon S. Kennedy, Chrom, Little Mac, Frank West and King K. Rool for Smash Bros. 4!
R.I.P. HylianCyndaquil aka Holly. I'll miss ya! :(
#5MichaelollPosted 1/21/2013 5:05:17 PM
1337star posted...
-1 for Waluigi
-1 for Ghirahim
-1 for Mewtwo
-0.5 for King K. Rool

6.5/10. Some of it is plausible, some less so.

Interesting system. my go

-1 due to WA
-.5 due to ghir
-1 due to mewtwo
-1 due to k. rool. he's better as a boss
-1 due to ridley. he's better as a boss as well

5.5/10
#6UberPyro64Posted 1/21/2013 5:06:30 PM
I don't think Waluigi, Ghirahim, Ridley and Mewtwo are that likely.

I don't think we are going to get a new Mario rep. Mario is pretty complete as it is.

Ghirahim is my most wanted but I don't think he is as likely which is unfortunate. The trio is enough for Zelda reps.

Ridley is better suited as a boss. Metroid is pretty much complete the way it is.

Mewtwo's time has come and gone. I would say Lucario's chances of returning are better unless the Gen 6 rep is just another Lucario look alike like Zoroark.

Also I would maybe take out either Isaac or Shulk. They look too similar. I know they have different moves and items and such but they look similar to one another. They both could still get in but idk. If you do that I would keep Shulk.

So basically make it my roster lol. Though I myself am considering adding more retro and new series reps like Lip and Dillon but Im not sure yet.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#7MichaelollPosted 1/21/2013 5:07:26 PM
UberPyro64 posted...

I don't think we are going to get a new Mario rep. Mario is pretty complete as it is.

Ghirahim is my most wanted but I don't think he is as likely which is unfortunate. The trio is enough for Zelda reps.

Ridley is better suited as a boss. Metroid is pretty much complete the way it is.

Mewtwo's time has come and gone. I would say Lucario's chances of returning are better unless the Gen 6 rep is just another Lucario look alike like Zoroark.

Also I would maybe take out either Isaac or Shulk. They look too similar. I know they have different moves and items and such but they look similar to one another. They both could still get in but idk. If you do that I would keep Shulk.

So basically make it my roster lol. Though I myself am considering adding more retro and new series reps like Lip and Dillon but Im not sure yet.

someone who basically just 100% agreed with me? wow x]
#8alpha-apePosted 1/21/2013 5:08:53 PM
-1 for Ghirahim
-1 for Mewtwo

Still a good roster, 8/10
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#9UberPyro64Posted 1/21/2013 5:09:41 PM
Michaeloll posted...
UberPyro64 posted...

someone who basically just 100% agreed with me? wow x]

I put the lol part after I realized what I basically did lol. He doesn't have to. Some of those could get in.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#10MottmanPosted 1/21/2013 5:09:44 PM
UberPyro64 posted...
Also I would maybe take out either Isaac or Shulk. They look too similar. I know they have different moves and items and such but they look similar to one another.

That didn't stop Marth and Ike, two blue-haired sword users from the same series, to be included together in Brawl, and most people think Chrom will be included with at least Marth in SSB4.

I really don't see Shulk and Isaac offsetting each other due to similar looks when they aren't even as similar as those three Fire Emblem characters.
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa