This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anthony's roster again

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Anthony's roster again

User Info: DynasticAnthony

DynasticAnthony
3 years ago#1
I'm not taking Waluigi off. Don't give a low score just for him.

MARIO

Mario
Luigi
Bowser (Alts: Dark Bowser)
Peach
+Waluigi

LEGEND OF ZELDA

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
+Ghirahim

KIRBY
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

POKEMON
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
++Mewtwo
+New Gen Rep

STAR FOX
Fox
Falco
Wolf

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
+King K. Rool

EARTHBOUND
Ness
Lucas

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
+Chrom

WARIO
Wario (Alt: Biker Wario)

METROID
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
+Ridley

KID ICARUS
Pit
+Palutena

YOSHI
Yoshi

PIKMIN
Captain Olimar

F-ZERO
Captain Falcon

PUNCH-OUT!!
+Little Mac

GOLDEN SUN
+Isaac

XENOBLADE
+Shulk

RETRO CHARACTERS
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
+Takamaru

3rd PARTY UNIVERSE
Sonic the Hedgehog
Solid Snake
+Pac-Man
-----------------------------
Reasonings for newcomers:

Waluigi - He's a popular character but that should be expected from the best selling series of all time. He also has a sizable fanbase and is midly requested. Only problem is that there is not high demand for a Mario character in Japan.
Ghirahim - He's still from the latest Zelda game. He's popular, and requested.
Mewtwo - Very highly requested to return. High popularity.
New Gen Rep - Mostly there due to advertising the latest gen.
King K. Rool - Highly requested and very popular so he should be no surprise.
Chrom - Requested and popular. I believe Ike will likely be cut for him.
Ridley - Very highly requested and very popular.
Palutena - Highly requested and very popular.
Little Mac - Highly requested and very popular. Recently rebooted through Punch-Out!!'s Wii title.
Isaac - Highly requested and popular.
Shulk - Highly requested and popular
Takamaru - A retro character that may be revived. Popular.
Pac-Man - One of gaming's biggest icons of all time. Namco is helping with the development and is highly requested.

Reasonings for cuts:

Toon Link - When it comes to cuts, he's the likeliest. I don't want him cut but he replaced Young Link and will likely be replaced by Ghirahim. That's just me.
Lucario - I don't want him cut but to me, he'll be replaced for the returning Mewtwo. I can't see a Gen 6 rep, Mewtwo, AND Lucario in one.
Ike - I REALLY don't want him gone but with the pattern we're seeing like: Marth + Current FE protagonist.

Marth + Roy = Melee
Marth + Ike = Brawl
Marth + Chrom = SSB4
-----------------------------
Don't vote on who you wanted to see, vote on how likely it seems.
Tom Nook, Waluigi, Leon S. Kennedy, Chrom, Little Mac, Frank West and King K. Rool for Smash Bros. 4!
R.I.P. HylianCyndaquil aka Holly. I'll miss ya! :(

User Info: Mottman

Mottman
3 years ago#2
I'm impressed at your level of restraint. I think it's been a whole 2-3 weeks since you re-posted your roster. ;-)

Anyway, I still love Shulk and I still hate Ghirahim, yadda yadda yadda.

By the way, your description lists Toon Link as a cut, but your roster still includes him. Which did you intend?
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa

User Info: 1337star

1337star
3 years ago#3
-1 for Waluigi
-1 for Ghirahim
-1 for Mewtwo
-0.5 for King K. Rool

6.5/10. Some of it is plausible, some less so.

User Info: DynasticAnthony

DynasticAnthony
3 years ago#4
Mottman posted...
I'm impressed at your level of restraint. I think it's been a whole 2-3 weeks since you re-posted your roster. ;-)

Anyway, I still love Shulk and I still hate Ghirahim, yadda yadda yadda.

By the way, your description lists Toon Link as a cut, but your roster still includes him. Which did you intend?

my bad
Tom Nook, Waluigi, Leon S. Kennedy, Chrom, Little Mac, Frank West and King K. Rool for Smash Bros. 4!
R.I.P. HylianCyndaquil aka Holly. I'll miss ya! :(

User Info: Michaeloll

Michaeloll
3 years ago#5
1337star posted...
-1 for Waluigi
-1 for Ghirahim
-1 for Mewtwo
-0.5 for King K. Rool

6.5/10. Some of it is plausible, some less so.

Interesting system. my go

-1 due to WA
-.5 due to ghir
-1 due to mewtwo
-1 due to k. rool. he's better as a boss
-1 due to ridley. he's better as a boss as well

5.5/10

User Info: UberPyro64

UberPyro64
3 years ago#6
I don't think Waluigi, Ghirahim, Ridley and Mewtwo are that likely.

I don't think we are going to get a new Mario rep. Mario is pretty complete as it is.

Ghirahim is my most wanted but I don't think he is as likely which is unfortunate. The trio is enough for Zelda reps.

Ridley is better suited as a boss. Metroid is pretty much complete the way it is.

Mewtwo's time has come and gone. I would say Lucario's chances of returning are better unless the Gen 6 rep is just another Lucario look alike like Zoroark.

Also I would maybe take out either Isaac or Shulk. They look too similar. I know they have different moves and items and such but they look similar to one another. They both could still get in but idk. If you do that I would keep Shulk.

So basically make it my roster lol. Though I myself am considering adding more retro and new series reps like Lip and Dillon but Im not sure yet.
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png

User Info: Michaeloll

Michaeloll
3 years ago#7
UberPyro64 posted...

I don't think we are going to get a new Mario rep. Mario is pretty complete as it is.

Ghirahim is my most wanted but I don't think he is as likely which is unfortunate. The trio is enough for Zelda reps.

Ridley is better suited as a boss. Metroid is pretty much complete the way it is.

Mewtwo's time has come and gone. I would say Lucario's chances of returning are better unless the Gen 6 rep is just another Lucario look alike like Zoroark.

Also I would maybe take out either Isaac or Shulk. They look too similar. I know they have different moves and items and such but they look similar to one another. They both could still get in but idk. If you do that I would keep Shulk.

So basically make it my roster lol. Though I myself am considering adding more retro and new series reps like Lip and Dillon but Im not sure yet.

someone who basically just 100% agreed with me? wow x]

User Info: alpha-ape

alpha-ape
3 years ago#8
-1 for Ghirahim
-1 for Mewtwo

Still a good roster, 8/10
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.

User Info: UberPyro64

UberPyro64
3 years ago#9
Michaeloll posted...
UberPyro64 posted...

someone who basically just 100% agreed with me? wow x]

I put the lol part after I realized what I basically did lol. He doesn't have to. Some of those could get in.
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png

User Info: Mottman

Mottman
3 years ago#10
UberPyro64 posted...
Also I would maybe take out either Isaac or Shulk. They look too similar. I know they have different moves and items and such but they look similar to one another.

That didn't stop Marth and Ike, two blue-haired sword users from the same series, to be included together in Brawl, and most people think Chrom will be included with at least Marth in SSB4.

I really don't see Shulk and Isaac offsetting each other due to similar looks when they aren't even as similar as those three Fire Emblem characters.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Anthony's roster again

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived