This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who would actually be this upset if we had this many Pokemon reps?

#31xyzlacticPosted 1/22/2013 4:38:04 PM
BEST pokemon rosyter! ive seen! no cute just adds mewtwo and a gen 6 poke.

:)
#32Ari917Posted 1/22/2013 4:54:23 PM
victinivcreate1 posted...
Ari917 posted...
I'd be ok with it, no cuts and we get the new/returning characters everyone wants.

l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Doug314 posted...
There will be like 142,857,142 more of these games.

Wrong. Sakurai himself said this series couldn't go on forever. I'd be surprised if we got a fifth game, and downright amazed if we got a sixth.

Realistically, even if Sakurai stopped directing the games Nintendo would keep it going. This is one of Nintendo's cash cows, there's no way they'd stop when it means getting support for their new system.

But once Sakurai stops directing SSB

it will either lose all of its magic, or gain so much that it puts Sakurai to shame.

Yeah, it could, or it could not. We don't know what Nintendo is planning for the series if Sakurai decides to step down but for the most part they have treated their revisited franchises well (Kid Icarus Uprising being one of the bigger shining examples) so I'd hope they follow that model and still create good games for the series while still adhering to the vision given by Sakurai.
#33Mr_Snorlax1986Posted 1/23/2013 12:03:26 PM
I'd be okay, even though I hate Pokemon Trainer.
---
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: FLARE - 2062 8829 7411
PSN: killersalmon
#34Elec Man EXEPosted 1/23/2013 12:46:49 PM
I'd 100% fine with that personally. I don't really care about how many total reps a series has, whats more important is that all of the characters are interesting and unique, and in the case of Pokemon I'd say that they definately is the case (an argument could be made against Jigglypuff, but even in her case I'd say she's plenty unique). Just as long as the characters aren't added in mass, but gradually, which would be the case here, as it'd be only 1 newcomer and 1 returning character.

Besides, Pokemon is an insanely popular ongoing series with a ton of entries. 6 reps (and even 8 if you count Pokemon Trainer seperate) isn't that bad with that in mind. Its not like its a 1-off series that no one knows about or something.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#35SaladVengeancePosted 1/23/2013 12:48:54 PM
Myself.

**** that kiddy ****.
---
More ballin than cats playing cricket http://i.imgur.com/83l4a.jpg
Unofficial official BALLIN Shaq Fu practitioner of NeoNewZoids
#36Blaziken666Posted 1/23/2013 1:02:10 PM
Pikachu
Jigglypuff