This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We can know the roster right now if we wanted to because rules

#11tehponycornPosted 1/22/2013 7:07:38 AM
SpunkySix posted...
victinivcreate1 posted...
Mewtwo confirmed

We won't be drawing conclusions until we have all of our rules together. Can't jump the gun.

So no newcomer will have been playable in Mario Party and all veterans playable in Mario Party will be cut.

Sorry for Double Post.

So, you're saying all Mario Veterans besides Bowser are getting cut? They're going to cut Mario, The icon of Nintendo, Luigi, the loved underdog, and Peach, first Damsel in Distress in Video Games.
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#12MottmanPosted 1/22/2013 7:13:23 AM
tehponycorn - Methinks you haven't quite hit upon the true reason for this topic's existence.

Spunky is really making fun of all these "rules" and saying that some posters are putting restrictions on potential newcomers that are unreasonable.
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
#13SmashBro25Posted 1/22/2013 7:41:10 AM
Mottman posted...
tehponycorn - Methinks you haven't quite hit upon the true reason for this topic's existence.

Spunky is really making fun of all these "rules" and saying that some posters are putting restrictions on potential newcomers that are unreasonable.

Ohh. I feel like a dummy as well. This is actually fairly clever, props TC.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#14papermegaslimePosted 1/22/2013 8:33:20 AM
tehponycorn posted...

All this is is you making rules for no reason.

Yes it is. That's the point. It's a game/joke thread.

No assist trophies can become characters.
No characters that were planned for a previous game but didn't make it can be included.
---
Clefairy is best Pokemon and should be an alt costume for Jiggs
#15lighting_rock84Posted 1/22/2013 8:48:53 AM
Anybody who has the potential to have the same body type or move set automatically replaces the one who was in the previous game.
No Third parties at all because Sakurai doesn't get a say in it, we do!
---
Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
Pokemon White FC:0132-4106-0107
#16gofghxgPosted 1/22/2013 9:42:46 AM
tehponycorn posted...
SpunkySix posted...
All we have to do is come up with a large number of restricting rules. Since Nintendo clearly follows all the rules that Gamefaqs users come up with, we just need to come up with enough to narrow down the possible newcomer choices. I'll get us started:

-No more than six reps per series
-No newcomer can be bigger than Boswer
-No character, new or old, can appear if not in the most recent game in their series regardless of importance in other games
-Only one villain can be confirmed as a newcomer
-Newcomers must have moveset potential
-Newcomers can't have a similar body shape as a veteran because then they'd be clones
-No more sword users will be confirmed because there are already too many
-The FE rep will not have blue hair because that would be boring
-Boxers have no moveset potential and can't be in the game

See? I've narrowed it down a ton already. Just keep adding rules that we know to be actually followed by Sakurai and we'll have a clear roster by the end of the topic, which I'll post separately in a topic marked spoilers since going on a SSB board on Gamefaqs totally isn't asking for open roster spoilers.

This is Bulls*** right here. All this is is you making rules for no reason. Also, similar body type? Are you kidding me? Following your logic, I could say.

Characters can't have Fire, too many use that.
Characters can't fight with their hands, that's cliche
Monsters have no moveset potential and can't be used.

Defying your logic:
Wario and DeDeDe were announced for Brawl, both are villians.
Marth and Ike have Blue Hair, so Brawl is boring.
Characters have other attacks than just swords, do your research.

Sakurai won't follow these rules and if he does than he's stupid, I know Sakurai is smarter, if he follows these rules, he will have the rage of a million fans and that won't exactly be great for sales. He wants to please the fans, so expect characters like Shulk, Chrom, and Little Mac. A prime candidate for the retro spot.

wario is an anti hero.
---
I'm not saying He's batman, I'm just saying no-ones ever seen Darth Vader and batman in the same room together.
#17gofghxgPosted 1/22/2013 9:45:19 AM
mushroom themed characters, [like toads] are illigeal
---
I'm not saying He's batman, I'm just saying no-ones ever seen Darth Vader and batman in the same room together.
#18PaulKagebeinPosted 1/22/2013 9:55:23 AM
Based on at least one explosive reaction, this topic was successful.
---
Pokemon White FC - 3225 1582 0350
#19tehponycornPosted 1/22/2013 7:03:13 PM
Mottman posted...

oh, well, I feel stupid. Sorry, I also wrote that when I was angry, so....yeah. Sorry bout that, now that everything is clear, I commend you for a great joke topic. Sorry for spazzing out. Good Topic.
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss