This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Genesect/6th gen rep are only new reps viable for SSB4

#1victinivcreate1Posted 1/22/2013 7:45:24 AM
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING

I believe that Genesect and 6th gen reps are viable for pokemon.

Here are my reasons

Genesect
-popular in US and Japan
-very unique moveset utilizing Drive changes and ability Download
-wonderful selections of moves (Tbolt, Ice Beam, Uturn)
-represents 5th gen
-bug is a new typing for smash
-Has a movie in 2013, most likely starring with a 6th Gen pokemon

CONS
-still has a long way to go in terms of popularity
6th Gen Rep
-expected
-will likely star n a 2013 movie with Genesect
-6th gen is already popular
CONS
-expected but not much support.
-none of the 6th gen known are suitable for smash (BAR Chespin, and I don't want to hear the Ivysaur got into brawl, Ivy had vines, which can function as arms. pikachu als uses its arms. Fennekin is a psychic (uses psy move in trailer) and froakie is dark).
Yveltal is cool and is like charizard (body typing, has legs and arms) and Xerneas is bad***, but won't get in (I support Yveltal though)

What do u think

Because i havent seen much support for 6th gen reps, just expectance.
5th gen has viable support
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#2PlasmaCannonPosted 1/22/2013 7:47:19 AM
What about Palutena, Little Mac, Ridley, and many others?
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#3RawstyleEeveePosted 1/22/2013 7:56:53 AM
More like Mewtwo returning is the only viable Pokemon rep

Thats what the Smash bros fans want the most for this franchise

Also being an Event poke alone hurts Genesect

As for a gen 6 rep, it only has a chance if Sakurai saw its design early & saw potential in to bring something Unique to the table
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
#4AntiReligionistPosted 1/22/2013 8:01:10 AM
victinivcreate1 posted...
Fennekin is a psychic (uses psy move in trailer) and froakie is dark).

Fennekin is a pure Fire and type and Froakie is a pure water type and it's not known whether they will even gain secondary types when they evolve, we just don't know until we get more information.

Also I didn't know Genesect will have a movie this year, that would make it more likely to appear in this game I think, though depending on when this game exactly comes a 6th gen rep can be very likely.
---
Never again will I bend to Xbox's will.
#5victinivcreate1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 9:10:09 AM
RawstyleEevee posted...

As for a gen 6 rep, it only has a chance if Sakurai saw its design early & saw potential in to bring something Unique to the table

@Plasmacannon-i meant pokemon reps

RawstyleEevee-event pokemon means nothing.
Terrible argument
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#6HejiruPosted 1/22/2013 9:34:26 AM
and froakie is dark

There's no evidence for that yet. At least the "Fennekin evolves into Fire/Psychic" theories have support from the trailer, but Froakie doesn't even use a Dark-type move in the trailer. In fact, we don't know what move that was. Chespin used Solarbeam and Aerial Ace, Fennekin used Flamethrower (presumably) and some kind of psychic-like move, and Froakie used Hydro Pump (or Water Gun) and some unknown, quick multiple-hit move.
---
Your opinion differs from mine, therefore you're trolling.
#7victinivcreate1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 9:47:30 AM
Hejiru posted...
and froakie is dark

There's no evidence for that yet. At least the "Fennekin evolves into Fire/Psychic" theories have support from the trailer, but Froakie doesn't even use a Dark-type move in the trailer. In fact, we don't know what move that was. Chespin used Solarbeam and Aerial Ace, Fennekin used Flamethrower (presumably) and some kind of psychic-like move, and Froakie used Hydro Pump (or Water Gun) and some unknown, quick multiple-hit move.

The unknown move froakie used had dark energy. I believe it was Punishment
---
#8HejiruPosted 1/22/2013 9:49:56 AM
Hejiru posted...
and froakie is dark

The unknown move froakie used had dark energy. I believe it was Punishment

Dark energy? I don't see that. It's probably just Quick Attack or something. Actually I'd be more inclined to think it's a new move that hits 2-5 times.
---
Your opinion differs from mine, therefore you're trolling.
#9MrSpacelySlatePosted 1/22/2013 9:50:47 AM
RawstyleEevee posted...

Doesn't mean crap. People wanted Waluigi and Dry Bones in Mario Kart 7. Look what happened.
#10RawstyleEeveePosted 1/22/2013 11:25:18 AM
RawstyleEevee posted...

@Plasmacannon-i meant pokemon reps

RawstyleEevee-event pokemon means nothing.
Terrible argument

Deoxys also was requested Pre-Brawl look what happend & a playable event poke could get mixed reviews due there are still people that don't have acess to them in the real games

Also Sakurai decides his roster very very early on so the chance is very high it could have been decided before Genesect was officially revealed
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board