This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Genesect/6th gen rep are only new reps viable for SSB4

#11Zohar_MetatronPosted 1/22/2013 1:12:33 PM
RawstyleEevee posted...
victinivcreate1 posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...
More like Mewtwo returning is the only viable Pokemon rep

Thats what the Smash bros fans want the most for this franchise

Also being an Event poke alone hurts Genesect

As for a gen 6 rep, it only has a chance if Sakurai saw its design early & saw potential in to bring something Unique to the table

@Plasmacannon-i meant pokemon reps

RawstyleEevee-event pokemon means nothing.
Terrible argument

Deoxys also was requested Pre-Brawl look what happend & a playable event poke could get mixed reviews due there are still people that don't have acess to them in the real games

Also Sakurai decides his roster very very early on so the chance is very high it could have been decided before Genesect was officially revealed

Pokémon X/Y has been in development for about as long as Sakurai's been thinking about Smash, and it's not like they made up Genesect right before they officially revealed him.
---
Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?
#12RawstyleEeveePosted 1/22/2013 1:14:06 PM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...

As for a gen 6 rep, it only has a chance if Sakurai saw its design early & saw potential in to bring something Unique to the table

Terrible argument

Deoxys also was requested Pre-Brawl look what happend & a playable event poke could get mixed reviews due there are still people that don't have acess to them in the real games

Also Sakurai decides his roster very very early on so the chance is very high it could have been decided before Genesect was officially revealed

Pokémon X/Y has been in development for about as long as Sakurai's been thinking about Smash, and it's not like they made up Genesect right before they officially revealed him.

True, but we still weren't supposed to know about Genesect after BW2 were released
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
#13victinivcreate1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:32:47 PM
RawstyleEevee posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...

Terrible argument

BUTTTTTT-Genesect could have been in development for a while. So... Sakurai could have gotten concept art of the steel bug like in 2011.
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#14reaverzPosted 1/22/2013 3:34:40 PM
If GameFreak's word on their development cycles for Pokemon games is to be trusted, then XY began development at the beginning of 2011 (and the worldwide October 2013 release makes this all the more likely). Sakurai began working on Smash 4 in Spring 2012 iirc. Therefore, XY were in development for about a year when Smash 4 development began.

The Pokemon Company is extremely picky about Pokemon content in Smash Bros. To think that Gen VI would not have come up during talks between Sakurai and The Pokemon Company in the middle of 2012 is naive. By the time Sakurai approached them for design documents and the like, they could very well have some Gen VI designs finalized, perhaps even a new Pokemon they planned to star alongside Genesect in the upcoming movie.

In any case, Sakurai has likely seen a lot of designs and concepts for Gen VI already. Surely no one thinks that he barely just learned about Pokemon XY two weeks ago like we did?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#15victinivcreate1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:38:53 PM
reaverz posted...
If GameFreak's word on their development cycles for Pokemon games is to be trusted, then XY began development at the beginning of 2011 (and the worldwide October 2013 release makes this all the more likely). Sakurai began working on Smash 4 in Spring 2012 iirc. Therefore, XY were in development for about a year when Smash 4 development began.

The Pokemon Company is extremely picky about Pokemon content in Smash Bros. To think that Gen VI would not have come up during talks between Sakurai and The Pokemon Company in the middle of 2012 is naive. By the time Sakurai approached them for design documents and the like, they could very well have some Gen VI designs finalized, perhaps even a new Pokemon they planned to star alongside Genesect in the upcoming movie.

In any case, Sakurai has likely seen a lot of designs and concepts for Gen VI already. Surely no one thinks that he barely just learned about Pokemon XY two weeks ago like we did?

Oh i don't think that, its just that people seriously underestimate Genesect's chances.

It looks like the 6th gen will be a favorite of mine, but seriously, Genesect was probably in developement BEFORE X/Y I mean like, its from an older gen! Of course it came before X/Y!
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#16Zohar_MetatronPosted 1/22/2013 3:52:35 PM
It looks like the 6th gen will be a favorite of mine, but seriously, Genesect was probably in developement BEFORE X/Y I mean like, its from an older gen! Of course it came before X/Y!

I missed the part where Hector got into Brawl ahead of Ike because he came first, or Deoxys instead of Lucario.
---
Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?
#17reaverzPosted 1/22/2013 4:05:35 PM
reaverz posted...

Oh i don't think that, its just that people seriously underestimate Genesect's chances.

Genesect was entirely programmed into Black/White, which means that its design was finalized way back in 2010 at the latest. Genesect could be possible because of the upcoming movie, but by the time Smash 4 is released people will be playing Gen VI of Pokemon.

Also, there are going to be five Genesect appearing in the movie, with a shiny one acting as leader. The fact that it won't be a unique character facilitates the existence of a Gen VI Pokemon taking a starring role in the movie, most likely being the one that will speak to Ash and his friends. I'm watching for the revelation of such a new Pokemon appearing in the movie, because depending on its body style I think it could be our main candidate for a new playable Pokemon in Smash Bros.
---
#18victinivcreate1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:33:55 PM
reaverz posted...
reaverz posted...

Genesect was entirely programmed into Black/White, which means that its design was finalized way back in 2010 at the latest. Genesect could be possible because of the upcoming movie, but by the time Smash 4 is released people will be playing Gen VI of Pokemon.

Also, there are going to be five Genesect appearing in the movie, with a shiny one acting as leader. The fact that it won't be a unique character facilitates the existence of a Gen VI Pokemon taking a starring role in the movie, most likely being the one that will speak to Ash and his friends. I'm watching for the revelation of such a new Pokemon appearing in the movie, because depending on its body style I think it could be our main candidate for a new playable Pokemon in Smash Bros.

But who is to say that this 6th gen will be well received? Genesect has already been well received, much like Deoxys, but better. Zoroark aimed to be the 5th gen Lucario and failed miserably.

5 genesect doesn't make a difference. There have been multiple Pikachu's and Lucario's in the anime. Whats wrong with 5 sects?
---
#19reaverzPosted 1/22/2013 4:56:06 PM(edited)
Well, I have this theory that Smash Bros.' individual playable Pokemon draw their personalities from specific members of their species that appear in the Pokemon anime. Pikachu draws from Ash's Pikachu, Jiggs draws from the Jigglypuff that used to follow the group, Mewtwo draws from the movie Mewtwo, Pichu draws from the Pichu Bros., and Lucario draws from the movie Lucario. Mewtwo and Lucario actually speak in Smash Bros. just like their counterparts (no other Lucario has been shown to speak in the anime).

Zoroark didn't speak in its movie, instead having her child Zorua be the one with a personality and speaking to Ash and co. I honestly believe that this was one of the reasons that Zoroark didn't really take off with many people. It wasn't cute, and it wasn't easy to connect with something that appeared to be wild and feral. One could easily argue that Zorua had a larger role in the film itself.

This is why right now I can't really see Genesect as a playable character in Smash Bros. Like Deoxys before it, it might just be a silent legendary Pokemon that doesn't seem to be a character in its movie, but rather just another species. Mewtwo and Lucario made names for themselves as characters, so I think Genesect needs to talk and have a real personality in the movie for it to become Smash Bros. material.
---
#20RawstyleEeveePosted 1/23/2013 6:03:59 AM
RawstyleEevee posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...

Terrible argument

BUTTTTTT-Genesect could have been in development for a while. So... Sakurai could have gotten concept art of the steel bug like in 2011.

Show me proof Genesect was requested in 2011 & 2012 Smash bros polls & him outranking Mewtwo, K.rool, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Little Mac, Roy & Megaman

Genesects/gen 6 rep only chance of getting in is if Sakurai liked the design & saw potential in it

Sakurai always decides HIS roster when he starts development for each Smash

The only exceptions were the 5 clones of Melee who only existed to spice up the roster last minute.
Yes Melee was supposed to only have 21 characters(Sheik is counted) & Dedede was planned to if Sakurai couldn't get Marth.

But more importantly If Sakurai stayed with the orginal roster there were 3 gen 1 reps when the most recent gen was 2 at that time & 3 right arround the corner.
Pichu never was picked for "he reps gen 2" he was picked because Sakurai wanted a character that was weak on purpose & easy to create last minute

For Brawl the only exceptions were Sonic & Wolf(although I think in Wolf's case he was decided in 2005, dropped very early on & added in last minute)
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board