This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All the Nintendo Direct stuff listed here. How will these effect Smash?

#1SalsaSavantPosted 1/23/2013 10:59:26 AM(edited)
Announced:
Yoshi's Yarn game (Yoshi's Land? Yoshi's Epic Yarn?)
Windwaker HD
SMT X Fire Emblem
Unnamed game that appears to be Xenoblade 2
New 3D Mario
New Mario Kart
Earthbound for Japanese VC
New unnamed party game similar to the Wii series

Details:
Wonderful 101
Bayo 2
New Miiverse stuff
And Smash appearing at E3. He said "screens" but that could mean screenshots or video. It implies screenshots, but remember...this is a Japanese guy with okay English translating for a guy that does not speak English.

My guess? Shulk more likely, the "Yarn" series gets a rep'd as a stage or character, SMT character may have a chance.
Maybe Dojo over Miiverse? Ninty really wants to push Miiverse.

Wow, this was like a mini-E3.

Anything I missed? I didn't watch the JP and EU Ninty Directs, only read highlights.

Also, I liked Iwata's honesty. He apologized for the lack of games in Jan and Feb, and admitted that the GC had a small install base.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#2Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/23/2013 10:45:41 AM(edited)
We don't know if the game is Xenoblade 2, we just know that's made by Monolith Soft. The game doesn't have a name yet.

All I can really say is that Toon Link will probably return, not that he had a high chance of being cut anyway.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#3SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:45:45 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
We don't know if the game is Xenoblade 2, we just know that's made by Monolith Soft. The game doesn't have a name yet.

True, but it looks like it.
Still could be one of those "spiritual successors."
I'll change the OP.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#4UberPyro64Posted 1/23/2013 11:27:22 AM(edited)
Yoshi's Epic Yarn/Yoshi Land hasn't got an official title yet.

But besides that:

Yoshi will remain a Yoshi character rather than converting to Mario. Though that probably wouldn't have happened anyway.

Toon Link's chances of returning just went up. He is now likelier than Ike and Lucario.

SMT X Fire Emblem doesn't effect anything cause its a crossover with another companies series. But then again it is showing Nintendo is pushing Fire Emblem meaning we could see 3 reps this time instead of just 2. So Marth, Ike/Roy and Chrom.

Xenoblade 2 might not be a Xenoblade game. But Nintendo advertising it like this means clearly they knew how successful Xenoblade was so Shulk's chances have gone up.

New Mario & Mario Kart mean possible stages and music from those if they come out a while before smash.

EarthBound VC means probably nothing. But maybe that we are for sure keeping Ness and Lucas.

Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 might be considered 2nd party now. If so then Wonderful Joe and Bayonetta could maybe get in.

Wii series stuff means very little.

And of course being at E3 with only screens means it's release might be further away than we thought. Though I still think we might get a trailer anyway.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#5Dustof_DryBonesPosted 1/23/2013 10:52:59 AM
I'm thinking Yoshi might appear in this new art style. Anyone else?
---
Ahoy, matey!
#6ExodecaiPosted 1/23/2013 10:54:09 AM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
I'm thinking Yoshi might appear in this new art style. Anyone else?

As an alt. MAYBE, but I really can't see that being a permanent role for Yoshi
---
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!
#7SSBR10Posted 1/23/2013 10:55:17 AM
UberPyro64 posted...
SMT X Fire Emblem doesn't effect anything cause its a crossover with another companies series. But then again it is showing Nintendo is pushing Fire Emblem meaning we could see 3 reps this time instead of just 2. So Marth, Ike/Roy and Chrom.

Small correction.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#8UberPyro64Posted 1/23/2013 11:26:53 AM
SSBR10 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...

Small correction.

lol XD. I put Tekken. I guess it reminded me of Street Fighter X Tekken.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#9guedesbrawlPosted 1/23/2013 11:31:30 AM
raises chances of toon link staying,marth staying,makes the ''ikeVSchrom'' battle more dubious and may increase the chances of an SMT rep...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#10comicwatchPosted 1/23/2013 12:03:14 PM
The party game is called Wii Party HD. It's a sequal to wii party.

Anyways can't wait for mario kart. This time let us choose stages in one player nintendo!

Also please let us choose battle only online. I HATE coins so much and just want to battle. Stop forcing us to play it.

Yoshi-Didn't expect it to be an epic yarn game. Didn't someone claiming to work on smash say nintendo would show this off? Something about yoshi's sidekick from this game is in smash or something?