This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Move over, Paper Mario and Yarn Kirby.

#1MrSpacelySlatePosted 1/23/2013 12:21:26 PM
Yarn Yoshi, here we come!
#2LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/23/2013 12:23:36 PM
This topic just made me realize...

We're probably going to get a ton of requests for Yarn Yoshi, aren't we? I mean, the Yoshi series doesn't really have a lot to offer when it comes to a second rep (lol at Kamek being its ideal second rep) and when characters like Paper Mario and Yarn Kirby still get requested fairly often... Yikes.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#3Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 1/23/2013 12:25:05 PM
I wholheartedly support Yarn Yoshi for Smash Bros. It would be so damn epic.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#4Elec Man EXEPosted 1/23/2013 12:40:06 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
This topic just made me realize...

We're probably going to get a ton of requests for Yarn Yoshi, aren't we? I mean, the Yoshi series doesn't really have a lot to offer when it comes to a second rep (lol at Kamek being its ideal second rep) and when characters like Paper Mario and Yarn Kirby still get requested fairly often... Yikes.

Yarn Kirby gets requested? I've never seen anyone want Yarn Kirby except maybe as a costume. On rare occassion I've seen Prince Fluff, but Yarn Kirby?

Yarn Yoshi would work as a costume well. Especially since if they're trying to find costumes for each character, Yoshi doesn't really have many options (Boshi is about the only one that springs to my mind).
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#5LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/23/2013 12:54:07 PM
Elec Man EXE posted...
Yarn Kirby gets requested? I've never seen anyone want Yarn Kirby except maybe as a costume. On rare occassion I've seen Prince Fluff, but Yarn Kirby?

He gets a lot less requests than Paper Mario, but it still happens.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324383

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqRWzjC0mQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OivYquGAnXI

Yarn Yoshi would work as a costume well. Especially since if they're trying to find costumes for each character, Yoshi doesn't really have many options (Boshi is about the only one that springs to my mind).

I think Kid Yoshi from Paper Mario TTYD could work.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#6Elec Man EXEPosted 1/23/2013 1:01:39 PM
The Yoshi Kid from TTYD would have a lot of problems as a costume due to his size, I think. He's a lot smaller than Yoshi and his size is one of his defining characteristics. They'd obviously have to size him up to work as a costume (hitbox issues and all that), and I don't know if changing a core aspect of the character to work as a costume would work out.

I suppose they could do a sort of "homage" to the character without actually making the costume literally the same Yoshi from TTYD. Have the costume just give a hairstyle to match the Yoshi Kid and some similar pants and call it done, without trying to make it look like a perfect match.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#7LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/23/2013 1:03:08 PM
Elec Man EXE posted...
The Yoshi Kid from TTYD would have a lot of problems as a costume due to his size, I think. He's a lot smaller than Yoshi and his size is one of his defining characteristics. They'd obviously have to size him up to work as a costume (hitbox issues and all that), and I don't know if changing a core aspect of the character to work as a costume would work out.

I suppose they could do a sort of "homage" to the character without actually making the costume literally the same Yoshi from TTYD. Have the costume just give a hairstyle to match the Yoshi Kid and some similar pants and call it done, without trying to make it look like a perfect match.

They don't have to make the costume 100% accurate. They could just give Yoshi some hair, pants, and not do anything about his size.
---
#8UberPyro64Posted 1/23/2013 1:04:09 PM
I dub Yarn Yoshi:

Yarnshi!
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#9GenoPosted 1/23/2013 1:30:11 PM
I'd enjoy seeing Yoshi change in this manner. Besides, Yarn Yoshi doesn't seem to change up much about himself.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#10BurnumMasterPosted 1/23/2013 1:40:57 PM
Waiting for Debu to be announced in Yarn Yoshi...
---
GT:BurnumMaster