Why is Pacman more likely than Lloyd Irving again?

#21videogamefan65Posted 1/24/2013 11:24:59 AM
You're all gonna look stupid when the namco rep turns out to be Taizo Hori.
---
Masked Man- Generic name, Awesome character
"Shut up or I EXPLODE YOUR HEAD!"- Mewtwo
#22Davidk92Posted 1/24/2013 11:26:13 AM(edited)
videogamefan65 posted...

I would laugh so loud if that happened.

Almost as much as I did when Namco's "All-Star Battle" turned out to be JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#23videogamefan65Posted 1/24/2013 11:32:17 AM
Davidk92 posted...
videogamefan65 posted...

Almost as much as I did when Namco's "All-Star Battle" turned out to be JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

To be fair, JoJo's Bizarre adventure is awesome

Then again, so is Taizo Hori

http://www.game-art-hq.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Namco-x-Capcom-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Taizo-Hori.jpg
---
Masked Man- Generic name, Awesome character
"Shut up or I EXPLODE YOUR HEAD!"- Mewtwo
#24Davidk92Posted 1/24/2013 11:33:00 AM
videogamefan65 posted...
Davidk92 posted...
videogamefan65 posted...

To be fair, JoJo's Bizarre adventure is awesome

Then again, so is Taizo Hori

http://www.game-art-hq.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Namco-x-Capcom-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Taizo-Hori.jpg

Yare yare daze...
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#25SpunkySixPosted 1/24/2013 12:02:20 PM
Because so few people give a crap about Lloyd that it would be stupid to put him in over the most well known video game character of all time, especially since the only people who care about Lloyd are already buying this game. Relation to Nintendo means nothing if the character is completely useless for marketing.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
We're the good guys, not you!
#26_Ghostdeini_Posted 1/25/2013 1:54:31 PM
iKhanic posted...
1. He's not nearly as notable today as he was back in the arcade days

.... :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI
#27XxHAVIC101xXPosted 1/25/2013 2:11:51 PM
Personally I think Lloyd is overrated among the Tales Series too. I wouldn't mind seeing him, but I would rather see the first main character Cress Albane. He at least still shows up and gets referenced in recent games. He's probably the face of the series since he has the most appearances and his silhouette is on the series main logo, so I'd say he has a better chance than Lloyd. Plus, you know, first main character.

Same reason Pac-Man is more likely than either of them. He's been the face of Namco for years, and one of the first and most recognizable characters in gaming. It doesn't necessarily guarantee a spot, but it most likely ups the chances a good deal.
---
"I don't think we have time for this. Shouldn't we be focused on saving the world?"
-Asbel Lhant, side-questing in Tales of Graces.
#28Vegeta1000Posted 1/25/2013 2:16:32 PM
Pac-Man is the most popular and iconic video game character ever next to Mario. He's recognizable everywhere and he has huge history with Nintendo. Hell, he's been playable in two Mario Kart arcade games. And being Miyamoto's favorite video game character doesn't hurt.

Tales of is one of my favorite RPG franchises, but the series is too niche outside Japan. Someone as iconic as Pac-Man would be way more marketable than someone from a niche franchise like Lloyd. Sadly, even if Tales gets a rep Lloyd still has to compete with other Tales characters for a spot and his chances are already slim enough. I do agree that he has the best chances out of any Tales character.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#29Zohar_MetatronPosted 1/25/2013 2:32:36 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
Lloyd is much more closely tied to Nintendo's consoles

He originated on one, but that's hardly a big deal when that's the extent of it, other Tales protagonists have appeared/started on one since, neither of the current guests started on a Nintendo console, and no one, in the history of Earth, cares about Soul Calibur Legends.

Edit: A Tales character is possible, given the team and companies involved. This is different from being "likely," and even if they went that way over Pac-Man he'd still have to trump more/equally relevant characters from the series.
---
Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?