Super Smash Brothers has lost its MAGIC and this game will be a commercial flop.

#111CPU-ZPosted 1/26/2013 1:00:39 AM
Gene's topics always make me crack a smile.
#112ViviffTheMBAPosted 1/26/2013 2:19:14 AM
Oh man, now that the FE x (whatever) game dropped to 3rd on the message board list, things got tough. Quality trolling is key necessary to navigate these waters.
---
Viviff being unproductive at business school! (Or, "networking")
http://www.mbasmakemoney.com/images/slices_01.jpg
#113ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 5:48:22 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...

You cannot just rule out a possibility just because you think you're too smart to acknowledge it.

And don't say that there's no proof the majority of both fanbases were just quiet and pirated all of the games from those series before SMT X FE was revealed. After all, the absence of proof isn't proof of absence. Simply because you don't believe me does not make me wrong. For a long time, people believed the sun orbited the Earth. As a result, nobody believed Galileo when he said the Earth orbits the sun. That doesn't mean Galileo was wrong when he said that.

Anyone with basic knowledge of the industry realizes that SMT and FE are obscure. It is well established although you lack the credemtials to learn why. I do not have the time to explain it to the ignorant.

Your idea was proven wrong. You are too ignorant to gain knowledge of the industry that establishes why you are wrong.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#114ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 5:57:01 AM
ViviffTheMBA posted...
Oh man, now that the FE x (whatever) game dropped to 3rd on the message board list, things got tough. Quality trolling is key necessary to navigate these waters.

It's third on boards but still #1 for games. We're not out of the woods yet.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#115Traptin3daysPosted 1/26/2013 7:05:16 AM
I have missed reading Gene's wise words. Thank you sir for sharing your knowledge and wisdom to us mere human beings.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#116HeyItsZantPosted 1/26/2013 7:30:52 AM
LOL @ EVERYONE TAKING THIS TOPIC SERIOUSLY AND REPLYING WITH PARAGRAPHS.
---
Click This Link For a Moment of Epicness:
http://tinyurl.com/9wap6t4 (Works every time!)
#117TheMasterTurtlePosted 1/26/2013 7:45:11 AM
I know I shouldn't but...

What the hell is wrong with turned based gameplay? Is pokemon archaic? Geez, turned based combat is an excellent way to represent fights in a fun, exciting way. It's much better then junk like God of War, Skyrim or Borderlands to say the least. My god...
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#118ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:27:09 AM
TheMasterTurtle posted...
I know I shouldn't but...

What the hell is wrong with turned based gameplay? Is pokemon archaic? Geez, turned based combat is an excellent way to represent fights in a fun, exciting way. It's much better then junk like God of War, Skyrim or Borderlands to say the least. My god...

I fail to see how a system of mashing A to win is equal to anything in real time that actually requires players to do something. Games have evolved beyond turn-based gameplay. Games have evolved beyond mashing A to win. Atlus is so caught up in the concept of mashing A to win that they even transported the concept from their RPGs to Persona 4 Arena. Atlus is truly a purveyor of archaic games.

Pokemon is indeed archaic. It uses a dumbed-down version of the archaic Shin Megami Tensei formula.
---
#119ZeeDoggePosted 1/26/2013 9:49:02 AM
ViviffTheMBA posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
To be honest, Nintendo games are pretty obscure outside hardcore/hipster circles

Have you ever seen a sales chart....ever?

Relevance, not sales. Though those are inferior to modern games too. I don't think any of my bros have ever said "HEY, LET'S GO TO MY PLACE AND PLAY MARIO"
#120SuperturkeysPosted 1/26/2013 10:12:51 AM
To all non-trolls. http://i.imgur.com/Ic0KJ.gif
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright