This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: How would you like this as a Boss Roster? (PIC INSIDE)

#41Ari917Posted 1/27/2013 1:26:29 PM(edited)
dedekong posted...
SpunkySix posted...
dedekong posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Have you compared 3D Land and Galaxy Bowser to Mario lately, Dedekong?

Sakurai wasn't intentionally respecting anything, he made Ridley a boss and that's all he did. He also made Rayquaza hang out and fight low to the ground, and he made Mario look unhappy near constantly. There goes him caring about original intent.

Rayquaza has fought low to the ground before, and there isn't anything that states it can't. Bowser's size has always fluctuated based on whatever powers he is currently in possession of. And Mario does not always have a happy face on. Contrast all of this with Ridley being massive in all of his appearances in Metroid.

Rayquaza lives in the clouds, it wouldn't just be chilling out around some random lake for no reason. Nothing is changing Bowser's size in 3D Land at all, or in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, or in Mario Sluggers or most of the games he's in. Mario smiles a heck of a lot more than the almost zero times he does in Brawl. Contrast all of this to you making arbitrary limitations on what Sakurai will and won't due and assuming various things about his motivations.

Then again, you told me that Classic Sonic could swim...

So because Rayquaza lives in the ozone layer, it has to always be there? Ok >_>

Because Mario smiles a lot in non-canon spin off games, he is obligated to smile a lot in Smash? Ok >_>

And I never said "sonic could swim." You said Sonic would instantly drown if he hit the water, which is not true, hence my retort about the underwater levels.

The point was Sonic can't swim period, he usually has to improvise using jumping techniques.

Honestly, I find this hilarious. When it comes to breaking canon in most other instances you ignore them or poorly explain them away, but when it comes to size? No way, they have to remain consistant (despite evidence to the contrary)!
#42dedekongPosted 1/27/2013 1:27:56 PM
Ari917 posted...
The point was Sonic can't swim period, he usually has to improvise using jumping techniques.

Honestly, I find this hilarious. When it comes to breaking canon in most other instances you ignore them or poorly explain them away, but when it comes to size? No way, they have to remain consistant (despite evidence to the contrary)!

Sakurai has already shown us consistent size with Ridley. He, unlike so many people on here, knows what Ridley should look like.
#43Ari917Posted 1/27/2013 1:31:06 PM
dedekong posted...
Ari917 posted...

Sakurai has already shown us consistent size with Ridley. He, unlike so many people on here, knows what Ridley should look like.

Really now? Consistent size when it varied even in the Melee intro? And what about Olimar like VG keeps stating, is he consistent between the universes?

It's a crossover game, canon is loose and can be manipulated accordingly. I don't know why you're so adamant in defending it when there's a lot of evidence to the contrary, especially when it comes to size.
#44dedekongPosted 1/27/2013 1:40:48 PM
Ari917 posted...
dedekong posted...
Ari917 posted...

Really now? Consistent size when it varied even in the Melee intro? And what about Olimar like VG keeps stating, is he consistent between the universes?

It's a crossover game, canon is loose and can be manipulated accordingly. I don't know why you're so adamant in defending it when there's a lot of evidence to the contrary, especially when it comes to size.

Yes, because the millisecond that Ridley appeared in the Melee intro is supposed to contradict the two boss battles, and cut scenes in Brawl... despite the melee intro showing Ridley in multiple angles where depth and perception completely leave nothing concrete.

There is no evidence to suggest that Olimar's size is not consistent with his own Universe, especially when you compare the fact that the Pikmin, and his stage are all consistent with the canon.

There is more evidence that Ridley should remain big, than there is that he should be shrunk down. I completely acknowledge the fact that Ridley can be shrunk down, however I don't think it would be respectful to the creator's original intent.
#45ViewtifulGenePosted 1/27/2013 1:48:02 PM(edited)
dedekong posted...
Ari917 posted...
dedekong posted...
Ari917 posted...

Yes, because the millisecond that Ridley appeared in the Melee intro is supposed to contradict the two boss battles, and cut scenes in Brawl... despite the melee intro showing Ridley in multiple angles where depth and perception completely leave nothing concrete.

There is no evidence to suggest that Olimar's size is not consistent with his own Universe, especially when you compare the fact that the Pikmin, and his stage are all consistent with the canon.

There is more evidence that Ridley should remain big, than there is that he should be shrunk down. I completely acknowledge the fact that Ridley can be shrunk down, however I don't think it would be respectful to the creator's original intent.

There is evidence that Olimar's size relative to Mario violates the official standard. Official materials show us how Mario and Olimar should compare when put in the same scenario. They were measured using the exact same scale. Brawl blatantly ignored the official comparison.

Anything about native universes is irrelevant since SSB is not in any character's native universe.

You have no proof that the creators would be upset if Ridley's size changed. Without proof that they would be upset, there is no obligation to keep the size as is.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#46SpunkySixPosted 1/27/2013 2:22:28 PM
dedekong posted...
Ari917 posted...

Oh. So Bowser should be huge and unplayable too, right? Like I said, HE IS HUGE IN 3D LAND, SLUGGERS, TOADSTOOL TOUR AND MANY OF THE RPGs COMPARED TO MARIO AND THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR IT, THAT IS HIS REAL SIZE.

Your arbitrary distinctions are just bad. You're looking for reasons to keep Ridley out and the ones you find are ridiculous, especially since you don't mind explaining everything else away with a hand wave.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Stop hanging DJs, it's morbid.