Will Smash Bros 3DS RUIN Smash Bros Wii U?

#11dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:25:45 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
Oh no, the 3DS carts can't hold 3.36 GB of FMVs in addition to the rest of the game. Whatever shall we do.

That's kind of a narrow minded view on the situation.
#12dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:29:39 PM
koopabros64 posted...
First off, the amount of content in PSAS has nothing to do with the vita version. The Vita version wasn't even planned til later. Secondly, I doubt it will gimp the Wii U version. The 3ds can handle plenty. Tekken 3ds had over 40 characters. If anything the 3DS will probably just be missing some extra stuff, There are also plenty of people working on the game.

A large roster of characters, especially in a Tekken game of all things, is not exactly an example of a large amount of content. Also, I would like to see some evidence of the Vita version not being planned "til later"
#13SmallerRidleyPosted 1/25/2013 7:36:02 PM(edited)
There is no reasonable limit on space for either system. They can't possibly put enough useful stuff in the games to fill either the cartridge or the disc. From Brawl's data, 4.45 GB of the entire game was taken up by movies and music. The entire game was ~6 GB. Space for content is not an issue.

The characters themselves were 662 MB, oh wait, the 3DS version will have to use lower resolution textures and lower polygon models, which are much easier to make than upscaling and take up less space.

Next biggest was the SSE stages, followed by the Trophies, Masterpieces, and the system update included on the disc.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#14dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:32:32 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
It's a bit of a stretch to say the WiiU version will be ruined because of the 3DS version. Sure, any resources going toward the 3DS version could've went toward making the WiiU version better than it would have otherwise been. But that doesn't mean there aren't sufficient resources to make the game good in its own right. Just because the 3DS version may prevent the WiiU version from being better, that doesn't mean it can't be good at all.

Also, as far as we know, wanting to make both games equal could mean being more ambitious with the 3DS version rather than dumbing down the WiiU version. Sakurai made a console-quality game with KIU. It's not like he's forced to make a worthless product on the 3DS.

True, KIU was a console quality game, and is arguably better than most console games, but that doesn't mean it isn't limited by being on the 3DS. I do agree with the idea of hoping Sakurai makes an ambitious 3DS title instead of a gimped Wii U title, though.
#15Majora999Posted 1/25/2013 7:33:08 PM
dedekong posted...
koopabros64 posted...
First off, the amount of content in PSAS has nothing to do with the vita version. The Vita version wasn't even planned til later. Secondly, I doubt it will gimp the Wii U version. The 3ds can handle plenty. Tekken 3ds had over 40 characters. If anything the 3DS will probably just be missing some extra stuff, There are also plenty of people working on the game.

A large roster of characters, especially in a Tekken game of all things, is not exactly an example of a large amount of content. Also, I would like to see some evidence of the Vita version not being planned "til later"

I can actually vouch for that one, the Vita port was a late idea and was almost the entire reason it was delayed.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#16dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:36:34 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
There is no reasonable limit on space for either system. They can't possibly put enough useful stuff in the games to fill either the cartridge or the disc. From Brawl's data, 4.45 GB of the entire game was taken up by movies and music. The entire game was ~6 GB. Space for content is not an issue.

Except Brawl was a Wii game. Make everything in Brawl HD and you're probably looking at twice the space being taken up. And considering all the content in Brawl wouldn't fit on a 3DS cart, there is a good chance that both games will either be significantly different or significantly similar content wise. The latter being a worst case scenario.
#17dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:37:49 PM
majora999 posted...
dedekong posted...
koopabros64 posted...

I can actually vouch for that one, the Vita port was a late idea and was almost the entire reason it was delayed.

Was it delayed for a month? There isn't much content in those games.
#18Majora999Posted 1/25/2013 7:39:11 PM
dedekong posted...
majora999 posted...
dedekong posted...
koopabros64 posted...

Was it delayed for a month? There isn't much content in those games.

Almost exactly. It was delayed from October 23rd, to November 20th.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#19ViewtifulGenePosted 1/25/2013 7:40:18 PM
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
It's a bit of a stretch to say the WiiU version will be ruined because of the 3DS version. Sure, any resources going toward the 3DS version could've went toward making the WiiU version better than it would have otherwise been. But that doesn't mean there aren't sufficient resources to make the game good in its own right. Just because the 3DS version may prevent the WiiU version from being better, that doesn't mean it can't be good at all.

Also, as far as we know, wanting to make both games equal could mean being more ambitious with the 3DS version rather than dumbing down the WiiU version. Sakurai made a console-quality game with KIU. It's not like he's forced to make a worthless product on the 3DS.

True, KIU was a console quality game, and is arguably better than most console games, but that doesn't mean it isn't limited by being on the 3DS. I do agree with the idea of hoping Sakurai makes an ambitious 3DS title instead of a gimped Wii U title, though.

I didn't say there were no limits. I said there's no proof that the limit is sufficient for preventing both games from being good.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#20dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:44:08 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

I didn't say there were no limits. I said there's no proof that the limit is sufficient for preventing both games from being good.

I was referring to Kid Icarus being limited.