Will Smash Bros 3DS RUIN Smash Bros Wii U?

#31dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 10:08:07 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Yes because handheld versions of games are always exactly like the console version. Especially M&SatOG and Donkey Kong Land.

Please re-read the OP. >_>
#32dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 10:09:11 PM
Geno posted...
I think people concern themselves too much. If Smash Bros. 3DS isn't essentially the Smash we know and love, there's potential there that Smash Bros. might be applied on the 3DS in a different way to how we get it on the Wii U. Weren't they saying they wanted to take Smash in a different direction? Why not have a Smash Bros. RPG on the 3DS, heavy on the story, where progress with your characters there, what you have equipped, and what kinds of unique unlockables you've acquired there can be transferred over to Smash Bros. Wii U, which had more focus on the actual fighting game and returning modes?

This could be Sakurai's opportunity to tell a story with the 3DS and leave the Wii U version for Smash Bros. enthusiasts. There's so much potential it's not even funny.

Chances are good that it'll just be Smash Bros. On The Go, though.

Why should the story be exclusive to one version. I want a great story on the Wii U with the HD graphics.
#33GenoPosted 1/25/2013 10:34:37 PM
dedekong posted...
Why should the story be exclusive to one version. I want a great story on the Wii U with the HD graphics.

That's the beautiful thing about having two versions of the same game. For example, the 3DS can tell the story from the heroes perspective, and the Wii U can tell the story from the villain's perspective. Interconnecting the two unlocks the ability to play those differing stories on handheld and console alike, complete with HD graphics for the heroes story. See what I'm getting at?

There's so much potential in the handheld product that I don't think it'll ruin the console version, I think if they're smart about it, it'll support the console version, which is what it's supposed to do anyway.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#34dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:01:57 PM
Geno posted...
dedekong posted...

That's the beautiful thing about having two versions of the same game. For example, the 3DS can tell the story from the heroes perspective, and the Wii U can tell the story from the villain's perspective. Interconnecting the two unlocks the ability to play those differing stories on handheld and console alike, complete with HD graphics for the heroes story. See what I'm getting at?

There's so much potential in the handheld product that I don't think it'll ruin the console version, I think if they're smart about it, it'll support the console version, which is what it's supposed to do anyway.

This is a cool idea.
#35ColebyPosted 1/25/2013 11:23:36 PM
dedekong posted...
Geno posted...
dedekong posted...

This is a terrible idea.

---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#36HeaderHogPosted 1/25/2013 11:30:52 PM
It seems that the two games are going to be more separate than you think.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#37EJWPosted 1/25/2013 11:32:06 PM
Well regardless, I'm getting the 3DS version.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.
#38palkia19Posted 1/30/2013 11:27:19 PM
EJW posted...
Well regardless, I'm getting the 3DS version.

Agreed.
---
Arc
B/R 3DS XL FC: 3437-4453-1430
#39Chzrm3Posted 1/30/2013 11:57:36 PM
Instead of making them the same, I wish the 3DS version was just a port of the N64 version, with some more characters from the series.

Seriously, how amazing would it be to play N64 Smash, but with the following characters also added:

Marth
Wario
Diddy
Dedede
Bowser
Zelda/Sheik
Peach
Pit

???

That'd be awesome! Way cooler than the same game on a handheld.

And yeah, PSASBR being on the Vita definitely hurt that game a lot. @_@
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#40Chzrm3Posted 1/31/2013 12:26:28 AM
Oh, also, there'd better not be any kind of story mode whatsoever in Smash 4. That was an egregious waste of resources in Brawl that basically killed 7 character slots. If Sakurai does that again he's demented, insane, and should be fired immediately because he's single-handedly the reason Nintendo is drowning.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.