POLL: Rate my new roster, where I made no cuts (PIC INSIDE)

#21LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/25/2013 11:46:31 PM
liveman789 posted...
I still think Bowser Jr. has a better moveset potential, though. Yeah, he has his brush, but he also has dozens of gadgets that he uses in his boss fights in all of the Mario games he has been in.

From all of the Mario games I've played, pretty much all of the "dozens of gadgets" he uses that aren't his brush are giant robots and airships. It's been a while since I've played a Mario game though, so I might be forgetting something.

Plus, he's a villain, which the series could always use more of. He's also not a generic "race" of a character like Toad is.

Neither of this has to do with moveset potential.

Sure, you could use Yoshi as an argument, but at least Yoshi has had his own title series.

Toad is one of the most iconic characters in the Mario series. While he might not have a spinoff series, his seniority and overall presence in the series definitely makes him at least just as worthy as Bowser Jr.

Let's also not forget that Jigglypuff practically has nothing outside of popularity to justify her presence in Smash (aside from being a lame, recurring gag in the anime, which, from what I've heard, hasn't happened again in years), yet no one wants to see her get cut. She's also apart of a species and she's not a specific Jigglypuff (we don't even know what gender it is, we just kinda assume its female), so she could also be considered generic.

As far as Tingle, to me he's like the Waluigi of the Zelda series. Yeah he's had his own games,

Re-read the bolded parts in order to understand how wrong this is.

but he's a really dumb character

Subjective.

that doesn't deserve to be in a Nintendo All Star game. That's how I see it, at least.

I'd say that he deserves to be in more than a character who will most likely be a one shot.

Going back to the Waluigi comparison, the reason why many people consider Waluigi a poor candidate as the next Mario newcomer is because he hasn't had any real significant roles, aside from receiving some attention in the intros of some spinoffs. When that's compared to characters like Toad (who's starred in a spinoff game, made many appearances in the main series Mario games, was playable in SMB2, and almost always makes it into the spinoffs, whether or not he's a playable character) and Bowser Jr. (who's been a significant, recurring antagonist in the main series games), it's pretty laughable.

However, when you compare Tingle to potential Zelda newcomers, well... For starters, he's the only Zelda character to receive his own spinoff series and aside from Impa and alternate versions of the Triforce Trio (like Toon Zelda and MM Link), he's pretty much the only requested Zelda newcomer that's a recurring character in the series. He's also been in the series for quite some time (over a decade, in fact). Meanwhile, Ghirahim will most likely end up being a one shot villain, just like Zant and the Skull Kid.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Tingle and I don't want him in Smash, but compared to other potential Zelda newcomers, he's the one that makes the most sense.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#22RyoukaiPosted 1/25/2013 11:53:48 PM
+ Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, K. Rool, Little Mac

- Ghirahim, Bowser Jr., no Isaac, no Ridley

Neutral: Pac-Man, Takamaru, 6th gen Pokemon

I don't like the idea of Mario and Zelda getting new reps, and would rather have characters like Isaac or Ridley in their places.

I love the additions of Chrom and Palutena though.

Takamaru is a good retro rep, but I don't know too much about this area. I like the idea of Lip just as much as I like the idea of Takamaru though.

As for Pac-Man.. he's definitely likely with Namco's involvement with the game, but as long as fan demand for Megaman stays high, I'm betting on him to be the third party rep.

Finally, the 6th gen Pokemon. It's too early to make a judgement call regarding this, since we only have the starters and cover legends. Depending on what announcements are made next, we may see which Pokemon the Pokemon Company are attempting to promote, and whether they'd be a good fit for Smash Bros. At this point in time, I think it's a 50/50 split between a 6th gen rep and Mewtwo for a Pokemon rep.

So.. 9/10

Overall though, I'd be very pleased with a roster like this, especially since even though I don't actively support a new Zelda rep, I just know playing as Ghirahim will be fun.
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
#23Someguy_13Posted 1/26/2013 1:14:16 AM
MM125 posted...
NeedsIsaac/10

Literally was going to post exactly this.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#24HejiruPosted 1/27/2013 7:19:43 AM
liveman789 posted...
As far as Tingle, to me he's like the Waluigi of the Zelda series. Yeah he's had his own games, but he's a really dumb character that doesn't deserve to be in a Nintendo All Star game. That's how I see it, at least.

If any other character had starred in three of their games, people would put him at the top of their lists and talk about how deserving he was. But because it's Tingle, people act like it's no big deal. Tingle is more deserving than most other newcomers.
---
Hidden details about the Wii U Yoshi game I noticed: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65259642
#25KAMMYqueenPosted 1/27/2013 7:32:43 AM
liveman789 posted...
PICTURE: http://oi48.tinypic.com/20rveif.jpg

TOTAL CHARACTERS: 45 (49 with Transformations)

TOTAL NEWCOMERS: 10
- Bowser Jr.
- Ghirahim
- 6th Generation Pokemon
- Chrom
- King K. Rool
- Palutena
- Takamaru
- Little Mac
- Shulk
- Pac-man

Let me know what you think. This is my best attempt at making a roster without cuts, and without making it too many characters. 45(49) in the peak, in my opinion. A Random Space can be implemented some other way.

Nintendo is doom, and you are not a TRUE Nintendo fan
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#26SpunkySixPosted 1/27/2013 7:59:21 AM
Not PERFECT, but 9/10 amazing. I'd be extremely satisfied with that.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Stop hanging DJs, it's morbid.
#27OshawottGuy4Posted 1/27/2013 10:55:03 AM
If the character select was that bada** looking, Then 10/10
---
Like My Father said: If you want to hide something, put it out in the open. ~Venture Brothers
#28Doug314Posted 1/27/2013 2:20:31 PM
Barely any new, unique, and fun characters. Palutena, K. Rool, and the 6th gen Pokemon are the only newcomers I'd really even notice were there lol.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#29liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 2:23:27 PM
KAMMYqueen posted...
liveman789 posted...
PICTURE: http://oi48.tinypic.com/20rveif.jpg

TOTAL CHARACTERS: 45 (49 with Transformations)

TOTAL NEWCOMERS: 10
- Bowser Jr.
- Ghirahim
- 6th Generation Pokemon
- Chrom
- King K. Rool
- Palutena
- Takamaru
- Little Mac
- Shulk
- Pac-man

Let me know what you think. This is my best attempt at making a roster without cuts, and without making it too many characters. 45(49) in the peak, in my opinion. A Random Space can be implemented some other way.

Nintendo is doom, and you are not a TRUE Nintendo fan

Why do you say that?

Doug314 posted...
Barely any new, unique, and fun characters. Palutena, K. Rool, and the 6th gen Pokemon are the only newcomers I'd really even notice were there lol.

Who else would you suggest?

OshawottGuy4 posted...
If the character select was that bada** looking, Then 10/10

Thank you, that is much appreciated. Spent some good hours making this thing.