This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the chances of Temple returning?

#1DragonImpsPosted 1/27/2013 11:02:09 PM
I mean, as much as I love Temple, it's got so much holding it back.

First off, it's TOO BIG. Yikes, right? It'd probably be too difficult to fight using it, and the developers are probably too lazy to work on the flaws that arises.

Also, it hasn't been relevant in years. Unless virtual consle counts for anything, it might as well be ancient.

Then there's the fact it's based off of what might be the most poorly recived Zelda series game. I mean, bad memories like that could just transfer over, ruining the whole game experience.

Also, there's a noticable pattern between games. Smash 64 had Hyrule Castle. But, it was replaced by the Great Bay and Temple in Melee. The Great Bay was replaced by Pirate Ship and Bridge of Eldin in Brawl.

Minus one stage, plus two. Not looking well for Temple.

Temple's not likely at all, is it?
#2liveman789Posted 1/27/2013 11:05:06 PM
For competitive purposes, I don't like it.

But, for good 4 player fun, I love that stage.
#3EarthLord_CJPosted 1/27/2013 11:12:24 PM
New Pork City was intended to be a spiritual successor of sorts to Temple, but I reckon it's favoured less than Temple is.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#4Nomorice4UPosted 1/28/2013 12:09:26 AM
EarthLord_CJ posted...
New Pork City was intended to be a spiritual successor of sorts to Temple, but I reckon it's favoured less than Temple is.

Platform-wise New Pork city was crap. Temple was far superior.
#5GohansephirothPosted 1/28/2013 12:12:31 AM
Its possible melee stages will return, but to be honest i dont think the chances of it happening are all that good.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#6Mirror_AuraPosted 1/28/2013 2:53:03 AM
Then there's the fact it's based off of what might be the most poorly recived Zelda series game. I mean, bad memories like that could just transfer over, ruining the whole game experience.

Zelda 2 is easily the second or third best Zelda game, right behind a tie of Zelda 1 and LttP.

The vocal minority on GameFAQs doesn't speak for everyone, sorry. "Most poorly received" means nothing unless it's actually true.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#7reaverzPosted 1/28/2013 3:09:16 AM
Smash 4 might only have some Brawl stages, sine Melee had 64 stages and Brawl had Melee stages.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#8LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/28/2013 4:21:37 AM
DragonImps posted...
Also, it hasn't been relevant in years. Unless virtual consle counts for anything, it might as well be ancient.

Neither were the SMB stages in each game (though I guess you could argue that it was relevant in Brawl because of NSMB).

Then there's the fact it's based off of what might be the most poorly recived Zelda series game.

Which was the same Zelda game that had Link fight in a side scroller, like in SSB. Plus, some of his attacks are based off of what he could do in that game.

I mean, bad memories like that could just transfer over, ruining the whole game experience.

One stage from a game you didn't like ruins "the whole game experience"?

Temple's not likely at all, is it?

If the pattern continues, then we'll only get SSBB stages.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#9Charizard18Posted 1/28/2013 4:47:40 AM
Probably not high, sadly. I loved mucking around in that stage. That place is so lolzy. But if we're going to have a Melee stage return, I'd rather have Fourside back, IMO. It reminded me of Saffron City from 64 plus it reps my favorite series, and dat theme song.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#10Andre_B_RPosted 1/28/2013 5:38:57 AM
I think this game should have all old stages, at least as a dlc.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0605 0891 4299
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4814 4999 6059