Pac-man, Nightmare, and Tekken character are the only considerable Namco reps

#1liveman789Posted 1/28/2013 11:48:24 AM
At least that's what I feel.

Pac-man's chances are probably leagues beyond any other Namco chaacter's chances. He is the mascot of the company, and also one of the 3 biggest video game icons along with Mario and Sonic.

If Soul Calibur get a rep, it would most likely be Nightmare. He is the mascot of that series. Link was in Soul Calibur 2, so maybe that'll convince them to put a SC rep in Link's fighting series.

A Tekken character is the next best choice. It's one of the iconic fighting games along with Street Fighter and Mortal Combat. Any of ther characters would fit in wonderfully in a game like Smash Bros.

I don't see why Namco would chose to put in a rep from such a vague series as Tales. They have Pac-man, and other much more popular series like Soul Calibur and Tekken.
#2GenoPosted 1/28/2013 11:53:14 AM
Nightmare might be the MASCOT but he's far from the BEST pick, sorry. We'd sooner get someone from Soul Calibur like Kilik.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#3scottwrittenPosted 1/28/2013 11:55:47 AM
liveman789 posted...
I don't see why Namco would chose to put in a rep from such a vague series as Tales. They have Pac-man, and other much more popular series like Soul Calibur and Tekken.

"I haven't played The Tales of games.... It must be a vague series!"

And it's not like the Tales of series directior is helping out with Smash 4 anyway.....
---
Do I believe in God? ...
Which one? Arceus? Palutena? Hylia, Nayru, Din, and Farore?
#4GenoPosted 1/28/2013 11:59:38 AM
scottwritten posted...
And it's not like the Tales of series directior is helping out with Smash 4 anyway.....

Uh, yeah. He is.
---
#5scottwrittenPosted 1/28/2013 12:00:16 PM
Geno posted...
scottwritten posted...

Uh, yeah. He is.

It's called sarcasm.
---
Do I believe in God? ...
#6GenoPosted 1/28/2013 12:00:42 PM
scottwritten posted...
It's called sarcasm.

Oh, my bad. I figured you were misinformed. Sorry. <3
---
#7scottwrittenPosted 1/28/2013 12:01:15 PM
Geno posted...
scottwritten posted...
It's called sarcasm.

Oh, my bad. I figured you were misinformed. Sorry. <3

No prob `~`
---
Do I believe in God? ...
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 1/28/2013 12:02:11 PM
Geno posted...
Nightmare might be the MASCOT but he's far from the BEST pick, sorry. We'd sooner get someone from Soul Calibur like Kilik.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

If you try to cite NXC as a reference it's not a great choice due to the actual reason he wasn't a rep in it.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#9GenoPosted 1/28/2013 12:03:27 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
If you try to cite NXC as a reference it's not a great choice due to the actual reason he wasn't a rep in it.

I'm merely using Nintendo Logic, I'm not citing anything as a reference. :3
---
#10Doug314Posted 1/28/2013 12:16:21 PM
Tales is not some vague series, and even if it is, the Tales producer isn't going to think of it that way, so it's not going to get treated that way. It's very popular, has plenty of games on Nintendo consoles, the Tales producer even mentioned Lloyd to Sakurai, and Lloyd would be one of the easiest characters to make into a smash bros. character ever. Even easier than a veteran since vets they have to think about how they could possibly change their moves to keep them interesting, whereas Lloyd could just have demon fang, tempest, sword rain, beast, and Falcon's Crest as his final smash. And they could all function similarly to how they did in ToS. And he's far more closely linked to Nintendo than Soul Calibur, Tekken, or Pac-Man. Tbh he's the most likely Namco character.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!