Pac-man, Nightmare, and Tekken character are the only considerable Namco reps

#21nogaemsPosted 1/28/2013 3:55:52 PM
Blingya25 posted...
nogaems posted...
Davidk92 posted...
Yoshimitsu

^ This.

If they are going to put Namco characters in the game, please don't put Yoshimitsu. He's a cool character and all, but... who really likes Yoshimitsu (excluding them Yoshimitsu players)? SFxT, nobody cares about him, Tekkan... there are better characters than him, Soul Calibur... Nightmare/Siegfried (SP?) FTW.

Just add in, idk, everyone's favorite Tales of.. character in.. like Luke Fon Fabre >_> or Yuri Lowell... >_>, I personally would add in Senel as he fits in the fighting game or my personal favorite Zelos Wilder.

are you reallly chattin s*** bout my boy yoshi?? poor kid really thinks that some 2edgy animes deserve a spot over the namco's favorite cyberninja lmao
---
"PLAYSTATION SCENTED INCENSE"
#22Gamer09ePosted 1/28/2013 4:28:25 PM
Doug314 posted...
Tales is not some vague series, and even if it is, the Tales producer isn't going to think of it that way, so it's not going to get treated that way. It's very popular, has plenty of games on Nintendo consoles, the Tales producer even mentioned Lloyd to Sakurai, and Lloyd would be one of the easiest characters to make into a smash bros. character ever. Even easier than a veteran since vets they have to think about how they could possibly change their moves to keep them interesting, whereas Lloyd could just have demon fang, tempest, sword rain, beast, and Falcon's Crest as his final smash. And they could all function similarly to how they did in ToS. And he's far more closely linked to Nintendo than Soul Calibur, Tekken, or Pac-Man. Tbh he's the most likely Namco character.

This whole post is completely opinionated , your assuming that Someone mentioning Lloyd to sakurai would automatically make him say "yeah you know what lets include him", your also assuming that you know how implementing characters into a game works, i mean its not a 3 step program, how is it easier to include a character that has had no previous game data basically rebuilding and creating a move set that accepting for the gameplay from the ground up, over a vet. who has a model has a move set down and who if anything could just use some tweeting here or there. did you also forget that the Tales series has had Most if some of their games ported to the psp and ps2, how does that different from tekken, pac-man, or soul caibur who also have games for sony, if anything it put them on a even playing field not the one sided group you seem to think. ill repeat maybe its because your a bigger fan of Lloyd then pac-man which is fine to each their own, but this is Namco Mascot we're talking bout here, a video game icon, who is well known by everyone and their mothers you basically come out the womb knowing who pac-man is...
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#23Gamer09ePosted 1/28/2013 4:32:22 PM
Horsemanwar 2000 posted...
Let's put it this way, Smash Bros. is a classic based Nintendo fighting game that's why you have characters like Mr. Game & Wtch and R.O.B. despite the fact that they haven't been in a viable game for freaking 20 years. So 90% of the characters are going to be Nintendo first party and right they should. So there is only going to be a minimum of slots probably less than 5 that go towards third party. The question is not that if Loyld is a cool character, it's not that if he comes from a cool game, it's not would he make a cool fighting game character. The question is, is he a classic Nintendo character that doesn't look odd when you put him on a list with Mario, Link, Donkey Kong and other characters that have a long history with Nintendo and it's players. Pac-Man has all those qualities, so if Namco was going to choose one Pac-Man my not be a cooler character, he may not come from a cooler series but he fits Smash Bros. better.

Best reply i've heard for a while here...
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#24LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/28/2013 4:34:48 PM(edited)
Doug314 posted...
And he's far more closely linked to Nintendo than Soul Calibur, Tekken, or Pac-Man.

Except that Pac-Man showed up as a playable character in two Mario Kart Arcade games and he's also had some games exclusive to Nintendo consoles, whereas Lloyd's game, Tales of Symphonia, was on the PS2.

Try again.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#25liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:44:10 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
Doug314 posted...
And he's far more closely linked to Nintendo than Soul Calibur, Tekken, or Pac-Man.

Except that Pac-Man showed up as a playable character in two Mario Kart Arcade games and he's also had some games exclusive to Nintendo consoles, whereas Lloyd's game, Tales of Symphonia, was on the PS2.

Try again.

Yeah, each of the three series I mentioned has, in one way or another, had a crossover with Nintendo is some way. Tales has not.