Which veteran should leave the most?

#81CTImpPosted 1/29/2013 8:19:21 PM
RollerBob posted...
CTImp posted...
From a popularity standpoint I guarantee that more people know who Jigglypuff is than Ike, Ness, Lucas, and Lucario. From a gameplay standpoint Jiggs is more varied and diverse than Falco, Wolf, and Toon Link are from the character that they were originally molded after.

The consistent hate shown towards Jiggs and preference for Jigglypuff to be the character that should and would get cut is baffling.

Ah, newsflash dude: most people know who Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario and Mewtwo are than Jigglypuff when it comes to Pokémon.
- Pikachu's the main Pokémon for the anime, then of Yellow
- Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard are part of the 3 Kanto starters from Red and Blue
- Lucario's the star of a Pokémon movie
- Mewtwo's the star of a Pokémon movie too, in addition of often being known as the villain of the series
- Jigglypuff? Huh... nope, sorry, can't find a good reason...

Unique or not, kick it out! Ike's the main character of Path of Radiance, Ness's the main character of Earthbound, Lucas's the main character of Mother 3 and Lucario's the main character of one of the Pokémon movies. Their popularity and inclusion are justified. Jigglypuff? I fail to find a proper reason for its inclusion...

Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard being more popular than Jigglypuff is immaterial, in fact, I didn't even list them. Considering we aren't talking about cutting them. I'd argue against Lucario, but we'd be splitting hairs. Mario is more popular than all of them, but I don't see us giving the entire roster the boot.

As far as the others being main characters, fact is they are still lesser known. Some of which may never see the light of day again aside from being members of Smash. I didn't even name the more obscure characters like Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and ROB. Back to my point though, if popularity mattered then Jiggs certainly wouldn't be the first to go.

You also dismiss one of the most important aspects. Jigglypuff is a unique character.
---
Like my favorite show The O'Reilly Factor when I post the spin stops here.
#82ChonicPosted 1/29/2013 8:33:08 PM
I say Jigglypuff. Main because I feel the first generation of pokemon shouldn't get the overabundance of reps that it does, though. Pikachu isn't going anywhere and I honestly want to see Red stick around. But IMO, the 5th, the 6th and the skipped 3rd generation should get playable characters. If I had to make a cut, I'd cut Jigglypuff simply to keep the pokemon roster in check while lowering the first-gen overdose. Lucario probably would be next to make room for the other gens too.

Also, give Red his Espeon.
---
~~Dream World Paradise Volunteer~~ Jobs done: 4
Pokemon White 2 FC = 4599-7354-7776
#83Perfect_Dark08Posted 1/29/2013 8:40:21 PM
I voted "Other" because I think Zero Suit Samus should go, but if a transformation doesn't count as an actual cut, I would vote for Snake.
#84Stun427Posted 1/29/2013 9:07:49 PM
Toon Link is the only correct answer.
---
Fun fact: Playing the nostalgia goggles card shows you have nothing of value to say and are grasping at straws to argue with someone.
#85RollerBobPosted 1/30/2013 6:02:36 AM
CTImp posted...
As far as the others being main characters, fact is they are still lesser known. Some of which may never see the light of day again aside from being members of Smash. I didn't even name the more obscure characters like Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and ROB. Back to my point though, if popularity mattered then Jiggs certainly wouldn't be the first to go.

Ice Climbers, Game & Watch and R.O.B. are all main characters for their own games, whether be obscure or not. Jigglypuff isn't...

Beside, it's not a good character:
- lightest character
- shield break = instant death
- no 3rd jump with her Up Special; at least Yoshi got a short hop with his Egg Throw in Brawl
- Sing barely has range and effect
- Rest is broken to no end... and unlike the game, it doesn't heal
- Many of the normal attacks are based of Kirby's moveset.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#86Luigifan141(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:33:14 AM
Perfect_Dark08 posted...
I voted "Other" because I think Zero Suit Samus should go, but if a transformation doesn't count as an actual cut, I would vote for Snake.

I would say that transformations count. I mean, Zero Suit Samus IS a playable character just as regular Samus is, so I don't see why we can't count characters like ZSS and Sheik.
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#87LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/30/2013 7:36:17 AM
RollerBob posted...
Ice Climbers, Game & Watch and R.O.B. are all main characters for their own games, whether be obscure or not.

ROB was an accessory, not a character.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#88LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/30/2013 7:39:38 AM
Wolf has a much more unique moveset compared to Falco, so why the hell are more people voting for him?

Also, considering how many votes Jigglypuff got, I wouldn't be surprised if people are using alts or something.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#89MrSpacelySlatePosted 1/30/2013 8:37:30 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
Also, considering how many votes Jigglypuff got, I wouldn't be surprised if people are using alts or something.

Of course people are using alts. This poll has like, what, 700 votes.
#90Mr_Snorlax1986Posted 1/30/2013 10:47:55 AM
Pokemon Trainer. I hate him.
---
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: FLARE - 2062 8829 7411
PSN: killersalmon