Jigglypuff is my favorite character... :(
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#92Luigifan141(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:00:18 PM
Mr_Snorlax1986 posted...
Pokemon Trainer. I hate him.

FINALLY!!

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like Pokémon Trainer anymore.
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#93Mr_Snorlax1986Posted 1/30/2013 12:01:51 PM
Luigifan141 posted...
Mr_Snorlax1986 posted...
Pokemon Trainer. I hate him.

FINALLY!!

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like Pokémon Trainer anymore.

I never liked him at all. As a matter of fact, I thought I was the only who hated him until I met people like you.
---
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: FLARE - 2062 8829 7411
PSN: killersalmon
#94The Hero Of TimePosted 1/30/2013 12:21:17 PM
JIgglypuff: I don't like Jiggly, not in the game, not in the anime, not in Smash. I feel it never should've been the 2nd Pokemon rep. The only reason I'm not voting for it is because I think at this point she's a mainstay of Smash.

Ness: If Jiggs gets to stay, than so does Ness. At least he's actually the main character of his game.

Lucario: I hate the notion that Luc has to be replaced just because it's not the 4th gen anymore. And no, he's not a Mewtwo clone!

Pokemon Trainer: My main in Brawl, and by far the best idea for a Pokemon rep. I understand why MrSnorlax hates him (even if I don't think it's a good reason), but I have no idea what your problem is with him, TC. Cutting him means removing three unique characters - no, you don't get to say you just cut the Trainer and have the Pokemon separate - and suddenly cutting Jiggly is a horrible idea?! All that's needed is some tweaking, maybe change the Pokemon with ones similar in movesets for better gen representation, but outright cutting him is worse than removing Pikachu, IMO.

Ganondorf: Hmm, it still annoys me he's still a Falcon psuedo-clone, but even if he still is a clone in SSB4, he's still the main villain of LoZ, so he really should stay.

Toon Link: I like Toon Link, way more than normal Link in Brawl, but I admit having a clone like this is pretty bad. I might've voted for him, but there is one thing that bothers me more...

Falco or Wolf: Really, TWO characters with basis off Fox's moveset? And Star Fox really doesn't deserve three characters at its status, IMO. Wolf is more unique and gives a psuedo-villain rep, so...

I guess Falco.
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#95BurnumMasterPosted 1/30/2013 12:26:52 PM
Voted Jigglypuff. Character has zero appeal to me.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#96Luigifan141(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:47:12 PM
The Hero Of Time posted...
Pokemon Trainer: My main in Brawl, and by far the best idea for a Pokemon rep. I understand why MrSnorlax hates him (even if I don't think it's a good reason), but I have no idea what your problem is with him, TC. Cutting him means removing three unique characters - no, you don't get to say you just cut the Trainer and have the Pokemon separate - and suddenly cutting Jiggly is a horrible idea?! All that's needed is some tweaking, maybe change the Pokemon with ones similar in movesets for better gen representation, but outright cutting him is worse than removing Pikachu, IMO.

The main reason I find Pokemon Trainer annoying is mostly because of that blasted stamina feature that his Pokemon have. Let's say this; I want to stick with Charizard, and I two-stocked my opponent with him. I'm doing a good job with him, and I want to keep the ball rolling. What's that? Charizard's already tired? And I essentially have to switch over to Squritle or Ivysaur in order to keep fighting? That sucks! Well, I don't like either, but I guess I got to live with it...

Then Project M 2.1 released, and without Pokemon Trainer, Charizard was a complete monster! He was a lot more fun, and being "freed" from Pokemon Trainer opens up way more possibilities. Now Charizard can do aerial combos much more easily, and added moves such as Heat Wave and his new f-air make him much more menacing. When Project M 2.5 got released, Ivysaur got Solarbeam and Stun Spore for herself, and Squritle gained one of the best wavedashes in the game along with a gimping move in Bubble. All of these changes above make each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon way more fun then they were in vBrawl, and at the same time making these characters more competitive and all-around better. All because that stupid Trainer limited their potential.

I guess they could do away with the whole stamina thing with Pokemon Trainer, but that kind of ruins the purpose of switching your Pokemon constantly. If you're going to do away with the stamina, you might as well make Squritle, Ivysaur, and Charizard free from their selfish trainer, and let each character act on their own like in Project M. In other words, I think it should be independent Pokemon, or no Pokemon Trainer whatsoever, including his Pokemon.

Also, Jiggs needs to stay, because she essentially made her place at home by this point, and I support here staying in Smash because she's one of the most fun characters in the game. Relevance doesn't matter to me. Also, Pikachu getting cut would be a lot bigger of a deal to me IMO, since he is the mascot of a franchise, plus the fact that people who don't know what Pokemon even is may have heard about Pikachu anyway. No one like those kind of people would know who Pokemon Trainer Red is. Lastly, when I said I want Pokemon Trainer cut, I meant that I just don't want the trainer in the game at all. I don't care if the starters are in the game or not, I just feel that the trainer is unnecessary.

TL;DR
Either cut Pokemon Trainer as a whole, including Pokemon, or just make Charizard, Squritle, and Ivysaur separate.
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#97MaetchPosted 1/30/2013 6:13:49 PM(edited)
From what I've understood, at the time of the first Smash Bros., the three most popular Pokemon were Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Meowth in that order. I'm not sure what it is now, but having both appeared in all three games, Pikachu and Jigglypuff are pretty much considered uncuttable at this point.

If one must go, then I pick Toon Link. It looks like Nintendo has finally put the Wind Waker era to rest (the upcoming HD port means nothing since it's not an all-new game) and is now putting all its focus on Skyward Sword, plus we could always do with less clones. I would also enjoy getting rid of the lame-ass Pokemon Trainer since I'm not a fan of how he's allowed to stand there and never get hit by anybody.
#98The Hero Of TimePosted 1/30/2013 9:13:45 PM
Luigifan141 posted...
The main reason I find Pokemon Trainer annoying is mostly because of that blasted stamina feature that his Pokemon have. Let's say this; I want to stick with Charizard, and I two-stocked my opponent with him. I'm doing a good job with him, and I want to keep the ball rolling. What's that? Charizard's already tired? And I essentially have to switch over to Squritle or Ivysaur in order to keep fighting? That sucks! Well, I don't like either, but I guess I got to live with it...

Then Project M 2.1 released, and without Pokemon Trainer, Charizard was a complete monster! He was a lot more fun, and being "freed" from Pokemon Trainer opens up way more possibilities. Now Charizard can do aerial combos much more easily, and added moves such as Heat Wave and his new f-air make him much more menacing. When Project M 2.5 got released, Ivysaur got Solarbeam and Stun Spore for herself, and Squritle gained one of the best wavedashes in the game along with a gimping move in Bubble. All of these changes above make each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon way more fun then they were in vBrawl, and at the same time making these characters more competitive and all-around better. All because that stupid Trainer limited their potential.

See, here's the problem; none of that is actually PT's own fault. It's the programmers of Brawl that made it that way. These Pokemon could be as good as they are in Project M while still being part of PT (except the Down B moves, of course). Don't hate the character for that.

I guess they could do away with the whole stamina thing with Pokemon Trainer, but that kind of ruins the purpose of switching your Pokemon constantly. If you're going to do away with the stamina, you might as well make Squritle, Ivysaur, and Charizard free from their selfish trainer, and let each character act on their own like in Project M. In other words, I think it should be independent Pokemon, or no Pokemon Trainer whatsoever, including his Pokemon.

Now, the thing is, the fact that the Trainer is there is the reason why I think this is a superior representative of Pokemon. Switching between multiple Pokemon to get an advantage in a situation? Why, it's how actual Pokemon battles go! Stamina is not needed for this; as an actual PT mainer, I switch my Pokemon when I feel like I need another one. I don't need Stamina to tell me to switch, I do it anyways.

Also, Jiggs needs to stay, because she essentially made her place at home by this point, and I support here staying in Smash because she's one of the most fun characters in the game. Relevance doesn't matter to me.

I can also use the fun justification to say that PT should stay, since I have fun playing him instead. Whether a character is fun or not subjective.

Also, Pikachu getting cut would be a lot bigger of a deal to me IMO, since he is the mascot of a franchise, plus the fact that people who don't know what Pokemon even is may have heard about Pikachu anyway. No one like those kind of people would know who Pokemon Trainer Red is. Lastly, when I said I want Pokemon Trainer cut, I meant that I just don't want the trainer in the game at all. I don't care if the starters are in the game or not, I just feel that the trainer is unnecessary.

Of course I don't want Pikachu to be cut; I'd just rather have the Pokemon Trainer, as in, the actual main character of the Pokemon games, to be represented as well.

And here's the issue I have with cutting PT and keeping the Pokemon; by doing that, you aren't really cutting any characters at all, which is against your own rules for the poll. Either that, or cut three character in favour of the more cloney characters.
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#99OshawottGuy4Posted 2/4/2013 7:14:44 PM
I don't have a problem with jigglypuff or anything, but... Why such a random pokemon?
---
Like My Father said: If you want to hide something, put it out in the open. ~Venture Brothers
#100GeneralKenobi85Posted 2/4/2013 9:02:23 PM
Lucario

Should have never replaced Mewtwo in the first place.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>