Putting my account on the line - Ryu From SF is in SSB4 or I'm Out

#1SyntaxBananaZPosted 1/29/2013 1:13:39 PM
So, NamcoBandai is working on Tekken Vs Street Fighter...and is now in co-development with Sora LTD for Smash.

Capcom knows about the Smash Bros popularity and with the great sales from Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (and UMvC3) I'm sure they would like to expand.

I figure Ryu from Street Fighter would be a perfect addition to the Smash Bros line up of characters.

And if he isn't included when the final roster is out, I will purge this account. Now...need some ideas on how to do it if I don't win this bet...

Also, do you think Ryu would be awesome or not?
---
Tumblr: www.syntaxbananaz.tumblr.com
Ponysquare: http://ponysquare.com/SyntaxBananaZ
#2l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 1/29/2013 1:15:18 PM
Ryu would be cool, but not as cool as Mega Man.

Also, Bamco did absolutely nothing in SFxT's development other than let Capcom do stuff with their characters. Their logo isn't even in the credits or on the box.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#3goshner3Posted 1/29/2013 1:19:31 PM
It HAS been said that a Capcom character will maybe probably possibly be in...

Ryu could kind of work I guess. B-Up would be Shoryuken. B would be Hadoken. Side-B would be Hazamaki Sempyuken. I don't know what B-Down would be though.

Still, I think Capcom would be insane to not put Phoenix Wright in SSB4. Street Fighter doesn't need the extra publicity. Ace Attorney does. Or, at least, Capcom clearly thinks it does if they won't release the games in America anymore. Every time a character from a dying series gets in Smash Bros, the series is revived.

So, sorry but I hope this is it for your account.
---
Not a Prince of Anything
#4AlWikowonkavitzPosted 1/29/2013 1:20:47 PM
Mario is already kind of the Ryu of this game (fireball/uppercut/spin attack). I find Ryu pretty boring anyways, and I say this as someone who has basically played Street Fighter for most of their life.
---
AlWikowonkavitz is himself.
#5Ashuras_Posted 1/29/2013 1:21:24 PM
Ryu from Breath of Fire or nothing (beside Megaman)
#6l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 1/29/2013 1:23:05 PM
While it's not really possible, I would prefer Chun-Li. Not only is she cooler, but MOAR GURLZ, y'know?
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#7PlasmaCannonPosted 1/29/2013 1:33:26 PM
Someone with a MLP sig should be purged right now.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#8Doug314Posted 1/29/2013 2:02:30 PM
He wouldn't be awesome and he probably won't get in.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#9Captain_FetishPosted 1/29/2013 2:02:48 PM
Elena, anyone?
---
Fetish Kick!
"The world is upside down but Captain_Fetish will save the day ^_^" - ProfessorL
#10Someguy_13Posted 1/29/2013 2:04:19 PM
Capcom should put Mega Man in or they shouldn't get a rep.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010