Do you think the Zelda series deserves more reps than the Triforce?

#1liveman789Posted 1/30/2013 8:50:32 AM
Do you think one Link is necessary?

Yeah, it's one of Nintendo's biggest series. But, there really aren't any majorly important recurring characters outside of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

Look at Metroid. That's another one of Nintendo's biggest series. But, the only character options they've ever got was Samus, with or without her suit. With Ridley being better off as a boss character, they don't have too many other options.

So why not Toon Link? One could say that every incarnation of Link is important and necessary. But Mario also has a couple of different incarnations, including Paper Mario. One could possibly argue Paper Mario is just as big as Toon Link, but Paper Mario never got in the roster. I'd say one incarnation of a character is the only one necessary, especially if they're just going to be made a slightly altered clone.

What I'm asking is, would you be comfortable if the Zelda series only got the three reps, making room for more additional characters? I'd be okay with it.
#2MaximumCheddarPosted 1/30/2013 9:06:07 AM
There exists Shiek.
#3HejiruPosted 1/30/2013 9:40:05 AM
Alternate versions of Link aside, I think the only other worthy Zelda reps are Impa, Tingle, and maybe Vaati. Most of the others are either insignificant or were only in one game.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#4PaulMalucciMDPosted 1/30/2013 9:47:25 AM
Tingle
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#5MM125Posted 1/30/2013 9:52:43 AM(edited)
The number of reps that a series deserves isn't necessarily the number characters in that series that deserve to be reps. Zelda deserves more than Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, but there aren't really any other characters that deserve it. There are a few characters that plenty of people would LIKE to see (Midna, Tingle, Vaati, Ghirahim, etc.), but none of them represent the series as a whole.

Likewise, Metroid deserves more than just Samus, but besides Ridley (who really is better suited as a boss), Samus is the only one that makes sense.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#6pokemega32Posted 1/30/2013 9:59:11 AM
Toon Link = a separate individual in the main series

Paper Mario = just regular Mario in a spin-off
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#717chrisPosted 1/30/2013 10:18:25 AM
pokemega32 posted...

have you even played played paper mario he will obviously have a very different moveset utilizing that hammer of his and possibly summoning partners to help out. He wil make for one of the more unique characters more than any link clone would.
---
Brawl Fc: 0303 2087 6199
Pokemon Platinum FC: 1248 0809 2640
#8CAW EvolutionPosted 1/30/2013 10:33:15 AM
pokemega32 posted...

Dr. Mario
Zero Suit Samus
#9LordAlistairPosted 1/30/2013 10:37:52 AM
pokemega32 posted...

You say this like it makes a difference to the developers.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#10pokemega32Posted 1/30/2013 1:23:28 PM
Did no one actually read the first post?

TC was talking about which characters are more important.

I never said Toon Link deserved a spot more than Paper Mario.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.