This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think the Zelda series deserves more reps than the Triforce?

#11LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/30/2013 12:30:56 PM
liveman789 posted...
Yeah, it's one of Nintendo's biggest series. But, there really aren't any majorly important recurring characters outside of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

I think Tingle and Impa are both perfectly logical choices. Tingle starred in 3 spinoff games and Impa played a decently sized role in Skyward Sword, along with being a recurring character in the series.

What I'm asking is, would you be comfortable if the Zelda series only got the three reps, making room for more additional characters? I'd be okay with it.

No way. Sheik should stay in the roster. I mean, why throw away a unique moveset? She's technically just Zelda in different clothes, so it's not like she isn't apart of the Triforce group.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#12GohansephirothPosted 1/30/2013 12:33:09 PM
Zelda definitely deserves more than the triforce trio at this point, and i doubt they will go 3 games without any change. At this point theres a small handful of characters that would be good, and i really doubt the number of appearances they have had will really matter at this point since it all depends on who they find the most interesting or whoever has the most potential.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#13TheGoshnerPosted 1/30/2013 1:12:13 PM
I actually have a problem with Shiek because OoT Zelda was the one who transformed in Shiek. The Zelda in SSBB is from TP.

I think they should just have OoT Zelda and Toon Zelda (who can transform into Tetra). They don't need them all to be the most recent incarnations. Especially since the most recent incarnation of Zelda and Link doesn't have a Ganondorf equivalent.
---
Official Prince of Popcorn of Everywhere
#14liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:24:15 PM
When I say Zelda, I also mean Sheik as I count her as part of Zelda's moveset.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
#15_Sanaki_Posted 1/30/2013 2:28:21 PM
I'd still rather have Zelda/Sheik split, and Sheik becomes Impa, who could arguably have the same moveset, would give us a new character (technically), and would include a figure who is the most recurring outside of the original three (though her appearance shifts a great deal more). Coupled with Toon Link (who could easily be made different from Link) it's a pretty decent roster-size.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#16albertojz356Posted 1/30/2013 2:38:52 PM
Vaati, Twinrova, and Impa are major and recurrent characters. They're also important especially the latter two one who is portrayed as servant of evil and the other servant of good. Although the only non-triforce character I think should get in is Impa. I think she's already proved her role to the series by now and I could see her happening. Hell Sheik happened even if she's an alter ego of one Zelda not all alter egos are guarantees so I think Sheik could possibly be replaced by Impa.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#17_Sanaki_Posted 1/30/2013 2:55:09 PM
As much as I dislike him, Tingle is more recurring than Vaati, so arguably deserves representation as much as him. I'd say both of them deserve it over Twinrova though, her role usually isn't major.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#18Elec Man EXEPosted 1/30/2013 3:19:08 PM
I think the "Triforce 3" and Toon Link (as long as he gets a unique moveset) are all the reps Zelda should have.

I'm personally not one for forcing lackluster characters just because a series is popular and "needs" more characters. I'd rather characters be considered because they'd be good additions to Smash, with interesting movesets, unique mechanics, character importance to the series, ect. Not because "This series needs more characters because popularity says so" and throw someone in just to fill some quota based on series' popularity.

I don't really consider any potential LoZ rep as a particularly good addition to the game, personally. A couple of them could be interesting from a playstyle perspective (Vaati and maybe even Tingle) but none of them have much importance to Zelda as a series.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#19LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/30/2013 4:01:54 PM
liveman789 posted...
When I say Zelda, I also mean Sheik as I count her as part of Zelda's moveset.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Sheik is still counted as a separate character because she's different from Zelda gameplay-wise, so Link, Zelda/Sheik, and Ganondorf would technically be 4 reps (the same way how Samus/Zero Suit Samus are 2 reps).
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one