This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you be happy to see Paper Mario added?

#1SakurafanboyPosted 1/30/2013 11:37:05 AM
Would Paper Mario be a good addition to the roster in your opinion? - Results (51 votes)
Yes, I think its time he's allowed to shine. He's had 4 successful games.
56.86% (29 votes)
No, we have enough Mario characters. No more please.
25.49% (13 votes)
Meh, doesn't matter to me any.
17.65% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm a huge supporter of adding Paper Mario characters. I know a lot want Geno, but he's not been relevant since mid-90s and that game was made by Square, so not sure he's all that likely. Whereas Paper Mario is pretty much the continuation of Super Mario RPG (the first Paper Mario was first called Super Mario RPG 2 till Square was taken off development and Intelligent Systems put on.).

I also realize a lot are worried he'd become a clone of Super Mario, but that just proves how little they know about the Paper Mario series. In each installment, his abilities were very different. There is little that Paper Mario has in common with Super Mario. To say he'd be a clone is rather ignorant.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#2ssj_duelistPosted 1/30/2013 11:37:51 AM
Yes, though |I wouldn't call his recent 2 games 'successful'.
#3Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:38:36 AM
ssj_duelist posted...

Like the games or not, they did well.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#4Mr_Snorlax1986Posted 1/30/2013 11:38:43 AM
I don't care that much, but I suppose he'll be a nice addition.
---
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: FLARE - 2062 8829 7411
PSN: killersalmon
#5MottmanPosted 1/30/2013 11:38:55 AM
No, but not for the reason given in the poll. I'd like to see Toad playable instead, and I don't want two Marios in the same game.

Now a Paper Mario STAGE would be an excellent addition to Smash Bros, and a perfect way to rep the PM games.
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
#6videogamefan65Posted 1/30/2013 11:39:21 AM
I used to support him, but now I'm indifferent.
---
Masked Man- Generic name, Awesome character
"Shut up or I EXPLODE YOUR HEAD!"- Mewtwo
#7LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/30/2013 11:39:58 AM
Mottman posted...
No, but not for the reason given in the poll. I'd like to see Toad playable instead, and I don't want two Marios in the same game.

Now a Paper Mario STAGE would be an excellent addition to Smash Bros, and a perfect way to rep the PM games.

This.

I don't know why TC assumed that Paper Mario is the only Mario newcomer that people would want.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#8ssj_duelistPosted 1/30/2013 11:41:26 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
ssj_duelist posted...

Except they both got negative reviews. So like the games or not, they were poorly received.
#9MottmanPosted 1/30/2013 11:44:46 AM
ssj_duelist posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
ssj_duelist posted...

Except they both got negative reviews. So like the games or not, they were poorly received.

Let's see...PM:TTYD's average professional review score was 87, and SPM's average score was 85. HUGE different there, mirite?

Sticker Star is the only less-than-successful Paper Mario game.SPM may be polarizing to some fans, but it's still a well-made and successful game.
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
#10GohansephirothPosted 1/30/2013 11:45:23 AM
ssj_duelist posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
ssj_duelist posted...

Either way though reception of a game really wont matter when it comes to whats represented in this game, i mean look how we got all those dk barrel blast trophies in brawl. And i can assure you metroid other m will have stuff in this game regardless if people enjoyed it or not, and the same goes for sticker star or any other game like that.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss