Are you buying Wii U for Smash bros?

#1dedekongPosted 1/30/2013 3:14:27 PM
The Wii u is currently flopping in all major game markets, and today Nintendo cut their sales forecast in half for software and hardware.

Are you one of the people who have yet to purchase a Wii U because you're waiting on smash?
#2PlasmaCannonPosted 1/30/2013 3:19:45 PM
I made that mistake with the Wii and Brawl and will not do it again with SSB4.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#3scottwrittenPosted 1/30/2013 3:27:16 PM(edited)
I'm buying it for this, Zelda Wii U, and any other games that take my interest.

EDIT: I'm buying the Wii U later though, when games like these are actually released.
---
Do I believe in God? ...
Which one? Arceus? Palutena? Hylia, Nayru, Din, and Farore?
#4albertojz356Posted 1/30/2013 3:25:53 PM
No i'm waiting for more appealing games before I jump into the Wii U and also have many 3ds games that i'm really focused on. Smash isn't the only reason nor the game I want the most but it's among them. Of the games I know will be released I'd rank Bayonetta 2 and SMT x Fire Emblem game higher on my priority list since I feel safer that i'd enjoy them while Smash is a "wait-and-see" kinda deal.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#5AntiReligionistPosted 1/30/2013 3:28:00 PM(edited)
If I get Wii U, I'm getting it for MH3U. Of course it's good to know that a game like this will be on the console in case I do end up getting it as it would be nice to have some other games for it too.
---
Never again will I bend to Xbox's will.
#6alpha-apePosted 1/30/2013 3:27:31 PM
Yes, the Smash games have become better with each game, so I won't miss this one.
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#7dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:29:59 PM
I imagine that if smash bros 3ds is similar enough, there won't even be much of a reason to get a Wii u and smash
#88-bitMegamanPosted 1/30/2013 3:30:44 PM
Since there is no confirmation of a Metroid game, I will get a Wii U for this game, perhaps earlier if a Metroid game gets announced.
---
Across the highest mountains, into the endless seas, our journey ever onwards fight until we all be free
#9reaverzPosted 1/30/2013 3:31:43 PM
Maybe, but I may get it when Mario Kart releases. Actually, Wind Waker wouldn't be a bad investment either seeing as my Gamecube Memory Card decided to wipe itself last year...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10_Sanaki_Posted 1/30/2013 3:32:06 PM
I'm planning on getting one for Pikmin 3 (assuming my funds work out that well) actually, just a matter of getting to that point. So by the time I can it may be closer to the release of SSBU than Pikmin 3.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members