This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you buying Wii U for Smash bros?

#41dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:05:39 PM
pafbonk posted...
dedekong posted...
The Wii u is currently flopping in all major game markets, and today Nintendo cut their sales forecast in half for software and hardware.

Are you one of the people who have yet to purchase a Wii U because you're waiting on smash?

What's up with like 50000 topics you made about the Wii U floppin? It's doing fine stop overreacting.

It isn't doing "fine." It's doing well below expectations of Nintendo, and many analyst. The reason you may see me make topics like this often (3 iirc), is due to it being an on-going problem. And, No, it isn't doing "fine."
#42justdontaskPosted 1/30/2013 6:16:57 PM
ill get a Wii U when SSB4, MK:U, and LoZ:U are all out... id get NSMBU, but.... i got NSMB2 and i cant even bring myself to get through world 3... its just so boring.... however, boring =/= bad, its still a good game, its just..... i feel like ive played it twice before....
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#43BEAMS_ae86Posted 1/30/2013 6:17:37 PM
IngSlayer posted...
No.

Because I already have one.

Buying a console for one game is JKJSDSDSKJDJSJHHFJfjdhfjfhfdfddf,,,

I bought the playstation 3 for the granturismo 5, Whats the problem?
---
The info of my ride? AE86
#44Carbuncle009Posted 1/30/2013 6:29:59 PM
No, that's why I bought a 3DS.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 6 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#45Carbuncle009Posted 1/30/2013 6:30:55 PM
dedekong posted...
It isn't doing "fine." It's doing well below expectations of Nintendo

So was the 3DS. Now look, it's back on it's feet now.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 6 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#46Nomorice4UPosted 1/30/2013 6:48:10 PM
Yeh.

I own 3 wii games. Spiderman and Wii Sport because they were part of the Wii bundle - both still rest neatly in their original form, untouched. The other game I own is Brawl.
#47LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/30/2013 6:52:31 PM
Nomorice4U posted...
Yeh.

I own 3 wii games. Spiderman and Wii Sport because they were part of the Wii bundle - both still rest neatly in their original form, untouched. The other game I own is Brawl.

You never tried Super Mario Galaxy? Or Twilight Princess?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#48AeousPosted 1/30/2013 6:59:22 PM
I completely plan on eventually buying a Wii U but at this current time there is no specific game out that would warrant me buying it now instead of later.
Obviously looking forward to Bayonetta 2, and the slew of nintendo exclusives we are accustomed to but I would really like to see some new IP's emerge.
Not just new Nintendo IP's but 3rd party ones as well since this seems like the era that Nintendo will see a lot more support from outside studios.
Maybe even a resurrection of something old that nobody expects and it actually turns out being great.
As much as an avid smash bros player I am, I wouldn't buy a console just for one game ever really. You have to look at the broader picture of other possible titles; also give the system a little time to mature, it's still in its infancy.
I feel this is where a lot of people are on in the "acquiring a Wii U" thing
---
PSN: Aeous
I play virtually all types of games but my favorites are definitely Jrpg's and Fighting games.
#49DarthCarissPosted 1/30/2013 7:01:42 PM
I hear Wii U is doing okay, hardly a flop, but not a huge success like the Wii was either.

At any rate, I most likely will buy a Wii U for Smash Bros, that's one of my favorite series in gaming. I'm really hoping there's a price drop before Smash Bros comes out.
#50P00DGEPosted 1/30/2013 7:12:37 PM
Probably. Brawl was the only game I played on the Wii. I got a couple others but ended up selling them, so the only game I owned for the Wii for over half of its life cycle was Brawl. Smash Bros is a system seller after all.