Are you buying Wii U for Smash bros?

#51DanahellPosted 1/30/2013 8:21:21 PM
No, I bought a gamecube just for melee, and while it was a great game it wasn't enough to make up for a whole console I learned to not buy a console just for one game. I'm still considering getting a wiiU but just until more titles that interest me come out, not before.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#52paperwariorPosted 1/30/2013 8:44:51 PM
Yeah, pretty much.
---
Ladders are a socially-acceptable way to reach your goals.
#53bestssbbfanPosted 1/30/2013 8:48:46 PM
This SMTxFE New Mario Kart Rayman Legends and the list goes on and on.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#54LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/30/2013 8:50:10 PM
Danahell posted...
No, I bought a gamecube just for melee, and while it was a great game it wasn't enough to make up for a whole console

Have you tried playing:

-The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
-Luigi's Mansion
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
-Pikmin
-Pikmin 2
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Mario Parties 4-6
-Animal Crossing
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#55CyhortI82Posted 1/30/2013 9:01:43 PM
If there's a big price drop, then yeah. It's the only game that I want that's been announced so far, but I'm not gonna waste money paying full price for a system I don't really want.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#56Bleach313Posted 1/30/2013 9:48:34 PM
Now that I've heard of Wind Waker U and the next Zelda being worked on, their's a high probability of me getting one now.

I'm gonna fully commit to get one once Smash Bros U comes out though. First I gotta see some reviews, I don't want it t be terrible, because afterall it's being made by Namco Bandai now. I know NB makes some really good fighting games and everything, but this is a whole new franchise for them so I gotta see first.
---
Currently Playing: Persona 4 The Golden and Guild Wars 2
PSN ID: yooobooyj
#57Moorish_IdolPosted 1/30/2013 9:49:59 PM
I will buy Wii U if a legit Pokemon MMORPG releases.

Until then, never.
#58Ryan SiPosted 1/30/2013 9:50:11 PM
As I already enjoy excellent community features and great prices on Steam and will for the foreseeable future I'd be buying a Wii U mainly for the exclusives. I prefer to buy only one console so it's either Wii U or PS4.

That said I've never liked the Smash Bros series or any fighting series outside of Mortal Kombat.

What it will take:
1. A completely refreshed Zelda entry not aimed at children (seriously I don't need a million pop-up reminders and tutorials every time I do a simple task)

2. A high-quality Nintendo developed FPS. (GE and PD anyone?) Sony and Microsoft have their own, why doesn't Nintendo?

3. Wii U's OS and Nintendo Network need to be streamlined and more user friendly. No more a**-backwards way of doing simple things.

4. New entries in other franchises besides Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. F-Zero? StarFox? a new IP that isn't cute and cartoonish?
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#59Kamek85Posted 1/30/2013 10:21:47 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
Danahell posted...
No, I bought a gamecube just for melee, and while it was a great game it wasn't enough to make up for a whole console

Have you tried playing:

-Luigi's Mansion
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime
-Pikmin
-Pikmin 2
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Mario Parties 4-6
-Animal Crossing

Take Sunshine, Echoes, Kart, Party, and Animal Crossing off that list. Sometimes less is more.
#60LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/30/2013 10:23:46 PM
Kamek85 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Danahell posted...

Have you tried playing:

-Luigi's Mansion
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime
-Pikmin
-Pikmin 2
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Mario Parties 4-6
-Animal Crossing

Take Sunshine, Echoes, Kart, Party, and Animal Crossing off that list. Sometimes less is more.

Why's that?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one