This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you buying Wii U for Smash bros?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Are you buying Wii U for Smash bros?
3 years ago#61
Predominantly I'm purchasing this for Smash Bros, but Pikmin 3 and the impending Mario Kart are also big draws for me. Even Yoshi's new game could probably convince me to move forward purchasing a Wii U. Right now, I'll wait until after E3. No real reason for me to rush out and buy one this second. Stock certainly isn't a problem. :)
Bad Games corrupt good minds absolutely... NOT
3 years ago#62
I'm buying the Wii U for Windwaker HD assuming SSBU doesn't come out before Windwaker HD which has almost a zero percent chance of happening.
Favourite Pokemon: Blaziken
Pokemon Black FC - Fraz - 0003-2513-2569
3 years ago#63
Already bought the Wii U with the express intention of getting this game. I didn't have a Wii for more than a couple months after launch and I ended up missing out on all of the 1st party releases for Mario, Metroid, Zelda, etc... So I'm taking advantage of the Wii U to play all 10 of the good games on the Wii and aim to be there when the new 1st party games come out for Nintendo. I may not be a die hard fan of Nintendo's console practices, but I do love their games all the same. In my opinion, their titles alone justify the purchase of a console and any other good exclusives that come out for it are an added bonus.
3 years ago#64
Not just for Smash Bros., no. One of the hugest incentives for me to get one is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I generally like most of Nintendo's IP sequels too.
3 years ago#65
Not only for Smash Bros, but I'll probably get it same day smash bros is out. Unless some other game that I can't live without comes out first. Which would only mean Tales of Symphonia Remake(probably wont happen, but i can dream)or Kikgdom Hearts 3(which will probably be PS exclusive). Other than those, I can wait till smash bros.
3 years ago#66
My plan is actually to wait until the day before Smash 4 releases to get a Wii U. =) I want to make a statement with my purchase, that it's not acceptable for Nintendo to make us wait years and years for each installment. There should be a team constantly making more Smash games, the same way there's teams constantly making more Pokemon/Mario games.
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
3 years ago#67
I'm waiting for a couple of reasons. First I never buy a new console in the first year or so, I prefer to let other people find bugs and such that were missed before the release. Also I'm waiting on money. I will be finishing college soon.

One other thing I have around 80 games I haven't even started yet, need to work through those.
3 years ago#68
Nope. I bought mine for all sorts of games. All of the staple Nintendo titles Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc, etc. But, also for other like Rayman, Bayonetta, any Sonic game, etc, etc.
XBL Tag- SideShowBatt
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
3 years ago#69
Kamek85 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Danahell posted...
No, I bought a gamecube just for melee, and while it was a great game it wasn't enough to make up for a whole console

Have you tried playing:

-The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
-Luigi's Mansion
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
-Pikmin
-Pikmin 2
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Mario Parties 4-6
-Animal Crossing

Take Sunshine, Echoes, Kart, Party, and Animal Crossing off that list. Sometimes less is more.

I prefer Sunshine to the abysmal **** that is Galaxy
3 years ago#70
P00DGE posted...
Kamek85 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Danahell posted...
No, I bought a gamecube just for melee, and while it was a great game it wasn't enough to make up for a whole console

Have you tried playing:

-The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
-Luigi's Mansion
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
-Pikmin
-Pikmin 2
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Mario Parties 4-6
-Animal Crossing

Take Sunshine, Echoes, Kart, Party, and Animal Crossing off that list. Sometimes less is more.

I prefer Sunshine to the abysmal **** that is Galaxy

Well you're in the minority on that. A rather small minority.
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Are you buying Wii U for Smash bros?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived