Are you buying Wii U for Smash bros?

#61Alias15XPosted 1/30/2013 10:44:04 PM(edited)
Predominantly I'm purchasing this for Smash Bros, but Pikmin 3 and the impending Mario Kart are also big draws for me. Even Yoshi's new game could probably convince me to move forward purchasing a Wii U. Right now, I'll wait until after E3. No real reason for me to rush out and buy one this second. Stock certainly isn't a problem. :)
---
Bad Games corrupt good minds absolutely... NOT
#62Mister_FreshPosted 1/30/2013 11:01:06 PM
I'm buying the Wii U for Windwaker HD assuming SSBU doesn't come out before Windwaker HD which has almost a zero percent chance of happening.
---
Favourite Pokemon: Blaziken
Pokemon Black FC - Fraz - 0003-2513-2569
#63DarkImpact2021Posted 1/30/2013 11:05:29 PM
Already bought the Wii U with the express intention of getting this game. I didn't have a Wii for more than a couple months after launch and I ended up missing out on all of the 1st party releases for Mario, Metroid, Zelda, etc... So I'm taking advantage of the Wii U to play all 10 of the good games on the Wii and aim to be there when the new 1st party games come out for Nintendo. I may not be a die hard fan of Nintendo's console practices, but I do love their games all the same. In my opinion, their titles alone justify the purchase of a console and any other good exclusives that come out for it are an added bonus.
#64RyuDJZPosted 1/30/2013 11:17:34 PM(edited)
Not just for Smash Bros., no. One of the hugest incentives for me to get one is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I generally like most of Nintendo's IP sequels too.
#65OrangeSerafinPosted 1/31/2013 12:02:29 AM
Not only for Smash Bros, but I'll probably get it same day smash bros is out. Unless some other game that I can't live without comes out first. Which would only mean Tales of Symphonia Remake(probably wont happen, but i can dream)or Kikgdom Hearts 3(which will probably be PS exclusive). Other than those, I can wait till smash bros.
#66Chzrm3Posted 1/31/2013 12:15:14 AM
My plan is actually to wait until the day before Smash 4 releases to get a Wii U. =) I want to make a statement with my purchase, that it's not acceptable for Nintendo to make us wait years and years for each installment. There should be a team constantly making more Smash games, the same way there's teams constantly making more Pokemon/Mario games.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#67CuriumPosted 1/31/2013 12:56:42 AM
I'm waiting for a couple of reasons. First I never buy a new console in the first year or so, I prefer to let other people find bugs and such that were missed before the release. Also I'm waiting on money. I will be finishing college soon.

One other thing I have around 80 games I haven't even started yet, need to work through those.
#68SideShowBattPosted 1/31/2013 1:03:34 AM
Nope. I bought mine for all sorts of games. All of the staple Nintendo titles Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc, etc. But, also for other like Rayman, Bayonetta, any Sonic game, etc, etc.
---
XBL Tag- SideShowBatt
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
#69P00DGEPosted 1/31/2013 7:10:08 AM
Kamek85 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Danahell posted...
No, I bought a gamecube just for melee, and while it was a great game it wasn't enough to make up for a whole console

Have you tried playing:

-The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
-Luigi's Mansion
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
-Pikmin
-Pikmin 2
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Mario Parties 4-6
-Animal Crossing

Take Sunshine, Echoes, Kart, Party, and Animal Crossing off that list. Sometimes less is more.

I prefer Sunshine to the abysmal **** that is Galaxy
#70UberPyro64Posted 1/31/2013 7:12:18 AM
P00DGE posted...
Kamek85 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Danahell posted...
No, I bought a gamecube just for melee, and while it was a great game it wasn't enough to make up for a whole console

Have you tried playing:

-The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
-Luigi's Mansion
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
-Pikmin
-Pikmin 2
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Mario Parties 4-6
-Animal Crossing

Take Sunshine, Echoes, Kart, Party, and Animal Crossing off that list. Sometimes less is more.

I prefer Sunshine to the abysmal **** that is Galaxy

Well you're in the minority on that. A rather small minority.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png