This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sakurai is about to make Nintendo bankrupt.

#1Chzrm3Posted 1/30/2013 11:34:48 PM
So, as we all know, the Wii U hasn't sold as well as Nintendo wanted. Why is this?

Let's look at the facts - we're all hardcore Nintendo fans, who spend our time obsessing over a game that won't be out for at least another year.

Yet, how many of us have a Wii U? I don't. Do you? I know a ton of people who haven't got one even though they're huge Ninty fans, and they all say the same thing. "I'm waiting for Smash."

Where's Smash? Why wasn't Smash being made for the last few years? Brawl sold 11 million copies, Melee was the best selling game on the Gamecube, and Nintendo has admitted that their key to winning over the hardcore western audience is via Smash.

So... where's Smash?

Flash over to Sakurai, who spent the last few years with project Sora making some random 3DS game for a dead IP.

Hey, you wanna pursue your dreams? You wanna make your fantasy game? That's great. Go ahead, enjoy it!

Except that while he's doing that, he's also refusing to allow anybody else to make Smash. So what's happened now? The Wii U is out, and it's just rotting on the shelves because the hardcore gamers (us) have no reason to buy it.

One of two things needs to happen.

1. Nintendo needs to let Sakurai go. Put him in a padded cell with a bunch of crayons and let him do whatever he feels like, and let someone who actually understands business take over the Smash franchise. Like myself, for example. If I was in charge I'd be making Nintendo billions and they'd be rolling in Wii U sales. Easily. How? Releasing another Smash Bros already! (It's not rocket science, Ninty).

2. Sakurai needs to man up, eat his Wheaties, and become a man. Stop being a baby and making random baby projects, and just dedicate his life to Smash Bros. That's all we want. If you do that, we'll gladly buy whatever random console Nintendo makes. Heck, I'll buy 5 of them! And just keeping making Smash Bros. More installments with more characters, more characters and more characters!!!!

Those are the only options. There is no option 3, Sakurai. The ball's in your court. So what's it gonna be. Let me take over and dominate the industry by prolifically producing constant Smash Bros games that keep the fans happy?

By the way I'm not going to listen to any of your ridiculous roster ideas. K. Rool over Dixie? That's INSANE and I will never add K. Rool into Smash, sorry but Dixie is far too important.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#2-BrokenSpiral-Posted 1/30/2013 11:37:45 PM
I want to see you make it just to see the universal 2/10's it receives.
#3MetalKirbyPlushPosted 1/30/2013 11:39:13 PM(edited)
ITP: Smash is the only big seller on the console.

Mario Kart Wii outsold by a sizable amount. Mario Kart's going to do a lot more for the console than SSB4 will. That's also not counting that E3 is going to bring us big news on the latest installments. I honestly wasn't super interested in getting one right away, but I'm stoked on getting one in the summer in anticipation of a lot of games.

Also, as a future designer/programmer, your demands are kind of stupid and disrespectful.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#4SideShowBattPosted 1/30/2013 11:59:04 PM
Yes, I do admit Smash holds a sizable reason for owning one but, it's not my only one. I'm excited for other titles like Pikmin, Rayman, Bayonetta, any Pokemon game, any Sonic game, any Mario title, Zelda title (including Wind Waker HD), etc, etc. Hell, I was actually excited for Nintendoland and it blew my expectation away. There is more to Nintendo than Smash you know, and it just kinda silly to have a new $300 gaming console for just one game.
---
XBL Tag- SideShowBatt
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
#5reaverzPosted 1/30/2013 11:59:32 PM
10/10 Would read again.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6EarthLord_CJPosted 1/31/2013 12:04:00 AM
reaverz posted...
10/10 Would read again.

This.
I didn't read it, BTW.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#7chaochaomanPosted 1/31/2013 12:29:46 AM
You know, it's funny. I'm one of those people who want to get Smash, but don't have a WiiU yet, although the reason for it was because they were sold out everywhere around where I live. I'm supposed to getting one in the mail soon, but still, it was ordered it over a month ago.
---
Unofficial "That guy" of darn near everything.
Peaceful days died. Let's survive.
#8RyoukaiPosted 1/31/2013 1:23:12 AM
The amount of ignorance in the OP is just hilarious.
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
#9DarthFloatyPosted 1/31/2013 1:25:12 AM
0/10

My favorite part was the valid and reliable evidence and statistics on a wide range of topics to support his cla- oh wait.
#10SL68Posted 1/31/2013 2:47:54 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
So, as we all know, the Wii U hasn't sold as well as Nintendo wanted. Why is this?

Let's look at the facts - we're all hardcore Nintendo fans, who spend our time obsessing over a game that won't be out for at least another year.

Yet, how many of us have a Wii U? I don't. Do you? I know a ton of people who haven't got one even though they're huge Ninty fans, and they all say the same thing. "I'm waiting for Smash."

Where's Smash? Why wasn't Smash being made for the last few years? Brawl sold 11 million copies, Melee was the best selling game on the Gamecube, and Nintendo has admitted that their key to winning over the hardcore western audience is via Smash.

So... where's Smash?

Flash over to Sakurai, who spent the last few years with project Sora making some random 3DS game for a dead IP.

Hey, you wanna pursue your dreams? You wanna make your fantasy game? That's great. Go ahead, enjoy it!

Except that while he's doing that, he's also refusing to allow anybody else to make Smash. So what's happened now? The Wii U is out, and it's just rotting on the shelves because the hardcore gamers (us) have no reason to buy it.

One of two things needs to happen.

1. Nintendo needs to let Sakurai go. Put him in a padded cell with a bunch of crayons and let him do whatever he feels like, and let someone who actually understands business take over the Smash franchise. Like myself, for example. If I was in charge I'd be making Nintendo billions and they'd be rolling in Wii U sales. Easily. How? Releasing another Smash Bros already! (It's not rocket science, Ninty).

2. Sakurai needs to man up, eat his Wheaties, and become a man. Stop being a baby and making random baby projects, and just dedicate his life to Smash Bros. That's all we want. If you do that, we'll gladly buy whatever random console Nintendo makes. Heck, I'll buy 5 of them! And just keeping making Smash Bros. More installments with more characters, more characters and more characters!!!!

Those are the only options. There is no option 3, Sakurai. The ball's in your court. So what's it gonna be. Let me take over and dominate the industry by prolifically producing constant Smash Bros games that keep the fans happy?

By the way I'm not going to listen to any of your ridiculous roster ideas. K. Rool over Dixie? That's INSANE and I will never add K. Rool into Smash, sorry but Dixie is far too important.

LOL. Some "random 3DS game"? Uprising is one of the best games ever made, I would say it's even better than the Smash games. So shut up.