Super Smash Canon: Round 1: Fight 17: Kirby vs. Wario at Pooptown

#1Goshner2Posted 1/31/2013 12:34:00 PM
Read the OP before voting - Results (40 votes)
Kirby
77.5% (31 votes)
Wario
22.5% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is an idea I've had for a while. Which of the smashers would win in a tournament if they had all their powers available to them and we weren't in control of them? In other words, it's a battle based on how strong they are canonically!

Who fights whom and where they fight has been decided by randomthingychooser.com. I swear, it actually picked these fights. Some of them are amazing coincidences.

Here's how this is going to work. Each topic (like every other day or so), there will be a fight to vote on. Before voting, read the OP. I will have listed things to consider in the fight. Here are a few rules/things to expect:

1. As a default, all characters have every ability/item they have ever had in any canon game available to them unless I specify otherwise. I will almost always specify that godlike items such as the Star Rod or the completed Triforce do not count.

2. Items and abilities do not stack. For example, Link will have 99 arrows because that is the max he has ever had in any game (and, yes, Link in this tournament is a combination of all Links).

3. Any ability or item or whatever that occurs as a result of a glitch or a cheat does not count.

4. I will tell you anything relevant about their surroundings that might affect the fight in any way.

5. Any contradiction between games I will resolve (if I don't please point it out to me and I will make a ruling). For example, Yoshi will not dissolve in water.

6. Health should not be taken literally. In other words, Mario doesn't die in 3 hits. However, it should be taken into consideration for comparisons. For example, while Mario doesn't actually die in 3 hits, 3 points of health is still a much smaller amount than Link's 20 hearts. I won't specify an exact exchange rate for any character ever, but I'll let you interpret it as you wish.

7. Since there has been questions and confusion, I am reminding you here that I do not list everything that they can do/have. I am only listing things that I feel need to be said (and on occasion for humor).

So, here we go:

Kirby:
Able to store copy abilities and activate their power at any time (Squeak Squad)
Not able to summon more Kirbys (Amazing Mirror) because each Kirby is an individual and that would be cheating
Able to mix powers to make new stronger ones (Crystal Shards) but is only able to do it with powers that were present in that game
Yes, he can mix stored powers in his stomach
Starts the fight with one of each power from any game in his stomach
A hard hit knocks the power he is currently fighting with out of him and he has a very short opportunity to suck it back in
No Star Rod
No Mic Kirby
No Chef Kirby
Can't swallow Wario

Wario:
Absolutely incredible durability and strength
Amazing ability to simply "get over" any curse, mutation, disease, or any other such malignity that might afflict him in a matter of seconds (seriously, has anyone else ever noticed this?)
Eating disgusting things heals him

Pooptown:
Pooptown is the name of this particular Animal Crossing village they are fighting in (a shiny new cookie for anyone who gets the reference). It is currently winter. It is your typical town with a river flowing through it and two levels of cliff. There is, of course, also a beach on the southern end and a large cliff surrounding every other end. They can go in any buildings they want and use the townsfolk however they want (they will provide him Parasol powers if they have one). The fruit on the trees can be spat by Kirby and the rocks can be eaten to give him Rock Kirby powers. If Wario eats a townsperson, he will heal. If Kirby eats a stag beetle, he will get Suplex Kirby powers. If he eats a snowman, he gets Ice Kirby powers.
---
Deceased Prince of Popcorn of the Skyward Sword Board
"And I will never support Chrom." -Doug314
#2Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:35:26 PM
Fight 1: Bowser vs. Mario at Hyrule Field Winner: Mario

Fight 2: Pit vs. Lucario at Mute City Race Track Winner: Pit

Fight 3: Sonic vs. Samus at Norfair Winner: Samus

Fight 4: Lucas vs. Donkey Kong at Death Mountain Winner: Lucas

Fight 5: Fox vs. Ganondorf at Fountain of Dreams Winner: Ganondorf

Fight 6: Mr. Game and Watch vs. Yoshi at Delfino Plaza Winner: Yoshi

Fight 7: Luigi vs. Snake at Shadow Moses Island Winner: Snake

Fight 8: Peach vs. Ike at DK Isle Winner: Ike

Fight 9: R.O.B. vs. Falco at Corneria City Winner: Falco

Fight 10: Captain Falcon vs. Pokemon Trainer at Onett Winner: Pokemon Trainer

Fight 11: Jigglypuff vs. Pikachu at Planet Pikmin Winner: Pikachu

Fight 12: Olimar vs. Link at Gallian Countryside Winner: Link

Fight 13: Wolf vs. Marth at Central Station Winner: Wolf

Fight 14: Ness vs. Meta Knight at Diamond City Winner: Ness

Fight 15: Ice Climbers vs. Diddy Kong at Sky World Winner: Diddy Kong

Fight 16: King Dedede vs. Zelda at Spear Pillar Winner: Zelda

Fight 17: Kirby vs. Wario at Pooptown (Animal Crossing)

Round 1 Losers:
Bowser
Lucario
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Fox
Mr. Game and Watch
Luigi
Peach
R.O.B.
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Captain Olimar
Marth
Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
---
#3Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:41:02 PM
Announcements/questions/comments section:

Tomorrow is the first part of the Loser's FFA. Since there will be multiple choices of who to vote for, I was thinking that I will change the limits on who is allowed to vote to bring more votes into the fight. If anyone has any complaints, say so. Otherwise, I will assume there are no problems.

On a similar topic, some people have expressed concerns that the army of Goshners might skew votes. I just want to let you all know that only one Goshner ever votes on any poll (unless it's silly). That includes this one. In fact, only one Goshner voted last fight despite the fact that I regretted my initial vote.

Speaking of which, if you haven't voted yet on yesterday's fight, do so. I have been convinced that Dedede should have won. Remember that the results of fights can be upturned until Gamefaqs closes the topic.

Which brings me to another question. Since the Losers' FFA starts tomorrow, I will have to make all results final. I'm thinking if this fight is close then I will wait a day to start the Losers' FFA. If it's not close, then I'll just go ahead.... That wasn't really a question... Oh well.
---
#4TheGoshnerPosted 1/31/2013 1:41:58 PM
I think Kirby is winning.
---
Official Prince of Popcorn of Everywhere
#5MegaWentEvilPosted 1/31/2013 2:44:16 PM
Eating disgusting things heals him

If that's the case, then greek barbecue would give Wario a Starman-like effect.
---
Aku wa yurusan. - Kim Kaphwan
#6bestssbbfanPosted 1/31/2013 2:57:39 PM
Wheres my cookie? Is it in D!ckville?
Also kirby, he could simply use crash or painter since those aren't on the list.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#7lolGoshnerPosted 1/31/2013 3:01:35 PM
bestssbbfan posted...
Also kirby, he could simply use crash or painter since those aren't on the list.

First of all, that is not where the reference I am making comes from.

Second, I would add Painter and Crash to the list of ones he can't use, but I'm out of room on the OP. Still, he's not allowed to use them.
---
Deceased Racist, Homophobic, Antisemitic, and Smelly Prince of Popcorn
#8Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:44:13 PM
Bump.
---
#9Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:37:58 PM
Not a lot of votes today.
---
#10bestssbbfanPosted 1/31/2013 9:33:38 PM
lolGoshner posted...
bestssbbfan posted...

First of all, that is not where the reference I am making comes from.

Second, I would add Painter and Crash to the list of ones he can't use, but I'm out of room on the OP. Still, he's not allowed to use them.

So its not a refrence to awesome crossing? (or whatever that video is called)

Also my vote still goes on kirby simply due to the sheer amount of powers he has acess to.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!