I don't think I've ever seen anyone put a Gears of War char on their roster.

#1Cpt_CalamityPosted 1/31/2013 2:39:45 PM
I don't think people realize how likely one is for a third party character. With companies reaching out trying to expand their fanbases, I'm sure Smash Bros will be doing the same. And since Gears of War is an Xbox exclusive franchise, there most likely will be a character from that game to draw in Xbox players. There's also a new Gears game coming out in March, which makes a Gears character even more likely. Really the only question we can ask is will it be Marcus (main protagonist for three games), or Baird (main protagonist of the newest game coming out in March, also a huge role in the first three games).
---
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
#2LegendofLegaiaPosted 1/31/2013 2:41:29 PM
*Waits for the rage that this topic will create*
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#3goshner3Posted 1/31/2013 2:42:16 PM
Once again, I feel like this is a parody but I'm too stupid to get it.
---
Not a Prince of Anything
#4AwesomeAshleyPosted 1/31/2013 2:50:48 PM
goshner3 posted...
Once again, I feel like this is a parody but I'm too stupid to get it.

This. You just stated every reason why he CAN'T be in.
---
You better be afraid of the great Ashley!
Yes, I'm THE Ashley, from Warioware.
#5Cpt_Calamity(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:59:13 PM
This isn't a parody topic, I'm being serious. In addition, it targets another region more too, Mexico. Mexican people love Gears of War, so it would be more appealing to them as well, increasing the Mexican fanbase.
---
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
#6tehponycornPosted 1/31/2013 3:33:52 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
This isn't a parody topic, I'm being serious. In addition, it targets another region more too, Mexico. Mexican people love Gears of War, so it would be more appealing to them as well, increasing the Mexican fanbase.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PeT-NMASicc/UFC7IpW_EzI/AAAAAAAAC3c/lHvVCujeN3I/s1600/Nicolas-Sarkozy-laughing.gif

LOL! OMG This is HILARIOUS!

*coughcough* Mhm! Sorry bout that, to funny to pass up.

I get what you're saying, but what you're saying is impossible. I liked the facts you brought up, but, here are some counter points.

1. The Mexican population works minimum wage and can barely afford an Xbox, let alone Gears of War AND Online for it. Why would Nintendo appeal to a fanbase that is less likely to go out and buy their system, let alone have the money for it in the first place,
Than appeal to a larger fanbase that actually has the money to pay for the game and the system. (America, Japan, and the UK. Australia and Canada too.)

2. Why the F*** would Nintendo appeal to Xbox gamers?! Microsoft is one of Nintendo's biggest competitors, directly competing with them in the console market. Why the H*** would Nintendo even WANT to include a character from a RIVAL Franchise.

3. Xbox gamers HATE Nintnedo, even if Smash did have a Gears of War character, they still wouldn't get it because they hate all the other characters.

4. A Gears of War character wouldn't fit in. The only reason Snake got in was because Kojima begged Sakurai to put him in, and there are rumors that Snake was supposed to be in Melee, but couldn't make it due to time constraints. So Snake had it coming, and so did Sonic. But a Gears of War character? lol!
a. A Gears of War dev wouldn't even talk to Sakurai, let alone beg him to include a character from their game. It could get them fired.
b. Nintendo would be wasting money. Why include a character that isn't going to appeal to anyone? It's not like Mexicans and Xbox gamers are going to flood the markets just because ONE character is in Smash Bros.
c. With your reasoning, why don't they include Kratos? or Kat from Gravity Rush? or Nathan Drake? It appeals to Playstation gamers. Why not? Because, again, Nintendo would be wasting money on a bad cause.

If you even think this to be likely, you might as well just learn now that there is no chance in H*** that Nintendo is going to include a Gears of War character. Plus, if Nintendo did ask Microsoft to use a character, It'd probably be Banjo Kazooie, consider Microsoft bought Rare, Master Cheif or a Gears of War character would be STUPID

I get what you're saying, I really do, but a Gears of War character has NO chance whatsoever. I'd rather have Angry Birds than a Gears of War characters

So, in conclusion, all I have to say is this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fyar4wJ3-Y

That is all.
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss