This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Because of Nintendo Land...

#21Traptin3daysPosted 2/2/2013 5:03:06 AM
BF could just pump up his balloons in the same manner as Olimar picks up pikmins :o
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#22PinxedPosted 2/2/2013 6:03:59 AM
YamagishiD posted...
dedekong posted...
EarthLord_CJ posted...
I think Takamaru is both more popular (and probably more feasible) than Balloon Fighter.
But, yeah, it's a possibility.

How is a character that has been strictly Japan only for the entirety of its existence more popular than Balloon fighter?

Cough cough, Fire Emblem.

ha... Haha... HAHAHAHAHA!

Really? FE started Japan only but now they're being released in the West. It's not "strictly Japan for the entirety of its existence", especially with this huge push with Awakening. Chrom's chances are drastically improving, especially if the sales go over a million.
---
Hobbits are Tolkien minorities.
Official Weavile of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
#23HeaderHogPosted 2/2/2013 6:19:39 AM
dedekong posted...
EarthLord_CJ posted...
I think Takamaru is both more popular (and probably more feasible) than Balloon Fighter.

How is a character that has been strictly Japan only for the entirety of its existence more popular than Balloon fighter?

Well...
Fire Emblem did it.
And look what happened there!
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#24HeaderHogPosted 2/2/2013 6:21:20 AM
Pinxed posted...
YamagishiD posted...
dedekong posted...
EarthLord_CJ posted...

Really? FE started Japan only but now they're being released in the West. It's not "strictly Japan for the entirety of its existence", especially with this huge push with Awakening. Chrom's chances are drastically improving, especially if the sales go over a million.

And how did we find out about FE?
Smash Bros.
It was literally their first NA release.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#25Koro-SenseiPosted 2/2/2013 9:56:02 AM
Here's the reception these two might get:

Balloon Fighter would be a mixture of Mario and Ice Climbers: A funny cartoon character and an epic overalls fighter with a hint of charm.

As for Takamaru, let's just say he might be the new Kenshin (Casuals and boys would find him cool while girls would find him hot). He might as well be a threat to the female Link and Marth fanbase.
#26HejiruPosted 2/2/2013 6:50:25 PM
Pinxed posted...
YamagishiD posted...
dedekong posted...
EarthLord_CJ posted...

I think you completely missed the point. Yeah, Fire Emblem isn't Japan-only now. But it was when Melee was released, which was the whole point.
And Takamaru isn't strictly Japan-only anymore, thanks to Nintendo Land.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#27dedekongPosted 2/2/2013 7:04:09 PM(edited)
No point was missed. Fire Emblem was not known world wide like Balloon Fighter. I never mentioned anything about chances. It was strictly about which was more popular.