Roy vs Chrom: Battle of Popularity

#717lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:06:16 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Chrom is better because he's in the new game and his daughter is hot.

But his daughter is literally a female version of Marth
---
...In a Sexual way...
#72SalsaSavantPosted 2/9/2013 12:57:40 PM
Snakey posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
Whoa 0_0

Chrom is dominating this poll. Did not see that coming. Thought it would be closer.

There is a lot of people who vote just for Chrom just to spite Roy. I know for example the female FE character fanbase and Sigurd fanbase feel bitter about Roy (especially when they spent much of pre-Brawl bashing Roy with false information) still being a viable choice for Smash 4 while their characters are not.

If you want to see a fairer example of character popularity (since GameFAQs is waifu-land) go to SmashBoards and check out the Smash 4 poll there.

I...never see any Sigurd fanbase here, and few who particularly hate Roy. And while Lyn is popular, I never see Lyn fans fighting with Roy fans.

I chose Chrom because I find Roy boring and Chrom to be an interesting character. Isn't that enough?

I can't help but get the impression that you're biased towards Roy from the post you made. I get the impression that you're trying to make excuses for Chrom winning by accusing people of irrational hatred towards him, a hatred I never see displayed.

Also...waifu-land? What?
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#73LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/9/2013 1:07:11 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
I...never see any Sigurd fanbase here, and few who particularly hate Roy. And while Lyn is popular, I never see Lyn fans fighting with Roy fans.

I think he's talking more about pre-Brawl.

I can't confirm whether or not he's right, though. I wasn't on Smash forums pre-Brawl.

I can't help but get the impression that you're biased towards Roy from the post you made.

I support Roy returning, but I kind of agree with you on this.

I get the impression that you're trying to make excuses for Chrom winning by accusing people of irrational hatred towards him, a hatred I never see displayed.

Actually, Roy does get plenty of hate here, but I've never seen a specific group of the fanbase hate on him.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#74ShinXenogearsPosted 2/12/2013 10:21:20 PM
I soo wish roy makes it into this game but only because roy is the one i choose to play as in melee and i enjoyed playing as him i did'nt like marth idk even tho everyone said he was stronger i did'nt care about that i just wanted to play as roy but i do have to admit i have never played a fire emblem game so i am not gonna bash chrom or marth but roy was my character of choice when i played melee over someones house then when i got payed i went out and bought a gamecube just so i could have melee and play as ocarina of time link and roy, if roys in this new smash best believe im grabbing me a wii u and i know it's silly to buy a system for one game but ill eventually get other game but what im trying to say is adding someones favorite character to a game might help push sales and why not have roy and crom
---
U seem quite worked up
#75Ari917Posted 2/12/2013 10:32:03 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
SalsaSavant posted...

I think he's talking more about pre-Brawl.

I can't confirm whether or not he's right, though. I wasn't on Smash forums pre-Brawl.

I used to lurk the Gamefaq boards (and Smashboards infrequently) from time to time and I never really saw Lyn fans attacking Roy out of spite. He's right about the Sigurd fan spreading misinformation about the other candidates (including Lyn) so that Sigurd looked more probable.
#76Belmont_92Posted 2/12/2013 10:43:03 PM(edited)
I voted for Chrom because he's a cool lord, and Awakening is a really awesome game *shrugs*.

However it doesn't help that Roy is one of my least favourite lords due to his bland personality and the fact that he's an extremely weak lord for most of the game. He had his time to shine, but Fuuin no Tsurugi came out over a decade ago, and it's not like Roy adds much to the roster anyway.

Chrom arguably doesn't add much either, but at least Awakening is new, and on it's way to being the most popular Fire Emblem game ever.

EDIT: Also Chrom should be in for dat soundtrack! Give Awakening's OST a listen, I hope many of it's tracks make it in this game.
---
Currently Waiting for:
Blazblue CP, Castlevania LoS: MoF, Killer is Dead, Wind Waker HD, and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
#77Someguy_13Posted 2/12/2013 11:25:01 PM(edited)
Is this strictly a popularity contest or who we think will get in?

I want both, with no cuts. FE deserves 4 reps as much as Starfox deserves 3.

Roy could very easily be decloned, and if Chrom got a unique moveset we would have 4 none cloned FE reps.

Marth was the first lord in the series.
Ike is popular, and was in Brawl (no cuts, please)
Chrom represents the newest game.
Roy (decloned, using his Awakening DLC design) is popular, was in Melee, and could represent the DLC side of Fire Emblem: Awakening.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010